Dad Attacked for Bringing Daughter Into Walmart Men's Room

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It looks like it may be time for America to take it down a notch about public restrooms. The New York Daily News reports a Utah father was attacked in a Walmart men's restroom Sunday after he brought his 5-year-old daughter in with him. Christopher Adams was shopping for storage bins and window blinds when his daughter and 7-year-old son decided they both needed to go to the bathroom, according to KSL. Not wanting to leave his daughter alone in the store or send her into the women's restroom on her own, Adams took her into the men's restroom with him and his son. That's when the trouble started.

Adams says a man using the urinal started "freaking out" and "dropping the F-bomb" over the presence of his daughter, which the man said was "inappropriate." When Adams offered a retort of some kind, the man allegedly started shoving him. Adams says he turned to get his kids out of the restroom and was punched in the eye. He says the man continued to punch and kick him. “I didn't know how far it was going to escalate, so I just kind of heaved him out of the bathroom," Adams tells Fox 13. He says he held the man on the ground until Walmart employees arrived to help. The man was cited for disorderly conduct and could face assault charges. “I just think it’s ridiculous,” Adams tells KSL. “The way he handled the situation was completely wrong.”

http://www.newser.com/story/225738/dad-attacked-for-bringing-daughter-into-walmart-mens-room.html

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So a father that wanted to keep his daughter within his sight gets beaten up because he brings her into the men's bathroom?

Clearly the guy that attacked him has never been a parent. Even before I was a parent I didn't care when a parent brought his daughter into the bathroom. I made more sense then letting them go into the ladies alone.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aren't we glad we have an executive order to escalate the matter?!

You clearly don't understand the reason for the attack. And it is not because of an executive order.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
You clearly don't understand the reason for the attack. And it is not because of an executive order.
yes, although I bet this attacker was thinking the the same thing....cursing Obama while striking his victim in the face.

That is Obama derangement syndrome.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟366,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Aren't we glad we have an executive order to escalate the matter?!
This be dumb. And if you believe that is the take away message of a random assault in this circumstance, you have fallen off the edge of reason.

Obama has nothing to do with a stupid person getting angry for a stupid reason and then punching a considerate and responsible parent in the face.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Clearly the Christian thing to do would have been for the father to leave his young daughter alone in the store. Gotta go with the room your private parts dictate!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟366,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Another assault by a cis-gendered hetero dude in the bathroom.
How is it that a discussion about who can use the bathroom has suddenly made people THIS reactionary? Its not like that dad was going to have that girl go right up to the fella in the urinal.
Geez.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟366,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
A real American would have had a gun and used it in this situation.
No doubt. A simple "The 5 year old made me concerned for my life".... and all your problems are solved!

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Not sure I follow.... did the father do something wrong?
Would anyone have been concerned had no executive order been made, which lead to fear? I doubt it. Funny how tyranny leads to unjust actions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Would anyone have been concerned had no executive order been made, which lead to fear? I doubt it. Funny how [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] leads to unjust actions.
You never answered my question.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Would anyone have been concerned had no executive order been made, which lead to fear? I doubt it. Funny how tyranny leads to unjust actions.
I think you have your time line wrong...when NC made it illegal for the girl to be in the men's restroom, as they created a law with no appropriate way to enforce (bathroom police feeling everyone up before they pee?, really )
they set this into motion. This isn't the first instance either, among other ones, a woman who just donated her hair was harassed for looking too masculine in a woman's bathroom

Upvote 0