D. M. Canright

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OntheDL

Again with the 'melodrama' charge. I make a statement and it's called 'drama'. What a joke! :doh:

Not everyone here shares the same posting style or has the same personality as you two. Maybe you guys should learn to deal with it.

No Conklin, I don't think I will be wasting my time with your request. You see, I am sick and tired of being called a liar by you two. Take the 'meat pledge' issue for example. I asserted it existed, was called a liar, it was shown that it indeed did exist, and I got not one apology from anyone for thier false charges.

Then it was the issue of the members of the band Black Sabbath having an Adventist background. I asserted this was not so, I was again called a liar. It was then shown to be not true. Again, no apologies forthcoming.

So, don't hold your breath for me to 'prove' anything to either of you.

The real story of Canright can be easily accessed on the internet. Of course, you guys will believe the version you want, so it would be a complete waste of time.

Have a nice day.

I think for once we agree! :D

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

Take the 'meat pledge' issue for example. I asserted it existed, was called a liar, it was shown that it indeed did exist, and I got not one apology from anyone for thier false charges.
Hmmm...ok, no one called you a lier on that. You were asked to produce a quote which you did not. It was Tall who did. And oncemore, EGW wrote in the article that it was not to be a test of fellowship. So it is not what you made it out to be.

Then it was the issue of the members of the band Black Sabbath having an Adventist background. I asserted this was not so, I was again called a liar. It was then shown to be not true. Again, no apologies forthcoming.
What? You have yet to produce anything, a direct quote or a credible source other than speculation.

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

don't you know that unless you are an SDA you are lost???

I don't who or what was teaching you. But I recall a quote by EGW:

God's Children in Other Churches.--God has children, many of them, in the Protestant churches, and a large number in the Catholic churches, who are more true to obey the light and to do [to] the very best of their knowledge than a large number among Sabbathkeeping Adventists who do not walk in the light. The Lord will have the message of truth proclaimed, that Protestants may be warned and awakened to the true state of things, and consider the worth of the privilege of religious freedom which they have long enjoyed. {3SM 386.2}

Upvote 0

NightEternal

Evangelical SDA
Apr 18, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
✟6,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hmmm...ok, no one called you a lier on that. You were asked to produce a quote which you did not. It was Tall who did.

Nice try.

The issue under question was did the meat pledge exist. I asserted it did. Both you and Conklin denied it did. It was shown that it indeed existed. Deduction: It was implied I was lying because my word for it was not taken.

It does not matter who found the evidence first. I would have come across it eventually, but Tall discovered it while I was still looking.

http://foru.ms/t6118823-longhairs-required-proof-of-the-anti-meat-pledge.html

The point was, it was found. So save your attempts to weasel out of this.

And oncemore, EGW wrote in the article that it was not to be a test of fellowship. So it is not what you made it out to be.

No she went even farther. EGW clearly connected a person's spiritual and moral worth with vegetarianism. Period. You cannot deny that, it's all over her writings on the meat issue. You are naive if they try to deny it:

http://www.sda-inverness.org/docs/meat.htm

She even went so far as to claim that those SDA's who will be translated in the end will be non-meat eaters:

More EGW Quotes on Meat-eating

"Let not any of our ministers set an evil example in the eating of flesh-meat. Let them and their families live up to the light of health reform. Let not our ministers animalize their own nature and the nature of their children."39​
"If ever there was a time when the diet should be of the most simple kind, it is now. Meat should not be placed before our children. Its influence is to excite and strengthen the lower passions, and has a tendency to deaden the moral powers. Grains and fruits prepared free from grease, and in as natural a condition as possible, should be the food for the tables of all who claim to be preparing for translation to heaven.""40
"You should be teaching your children. You should be instructing them how to shun the vices and corruption's of this age. Instead of this, many are studying how to get something good to eat. You place upon your tables butter, eggs, and meat and then your children partake of them. They are fed with the very things that will excite their animal passions, and then you come to meeting and ask God to bless and save your children. How high do your prayers go?"41 "Those who have received instruction regarding the evils of the use of flesh foods...will not continue to indulge their appetite for food that they know to be unhealthful. God demands that the appetites be cleansed, and that self-denial be practiced in regard to those things which are not good. This is a work that will have to be done before His people can stand before Him a perfected people."42
http://www.ellenwhite.org/contra6.htm

I would say someone's salvation beats a test of fellowship by a mile.

What? You have yet to produce anything, a direct quote or a credible source other than speculation.

You need to re-check your memory and the original thread. I clearly linked to Wikipedia which stated that all of the members were raised Catholic.

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

Nice try.

The issue under question was did the meat pledge exist. I asserted it did. Both you and Conklin denied it did. It was shown that it indeed existed. Deduction: It was implied I was lying because my word for it was not taken.

It does not matter who found the evidence first. I would have come across it eventually, but Tall discovered it while I was still looking.

http://foru.ms/t6118823-longhairs-required-proof-of-the-anti-meat-pledge.html

The point was, it was found. So save your attempts to weasel out of this.
I guess you can take credit for what Tall found.

No she went even farther. EGW clearly connected a person's spiritual and moral worth with vegetarianism. Period. You cannot deny that, it's all over her writings on the meat issue. You are naive if they try to deny it:

http://www.sda-inverness.org/docs/meat.htm

She even went so far as to claim that those SDA's who will be translated in the end will be non-meat eaters:

I would say someone's salvation beats a test of fellowship by a mile.
That's your opinion. When someone looks at the meat industry objectively, look at how the animals are raised, the standard, the lack of, how meat has become detriment to physical health and mental health, it's safe to say vegetarian diet when done right is far better for our all over health. The bible talks about honoring your body. If one day, we find out apples are contaminated, should we still eat them knowingly?

Look you have already proven to have a set agenda and will not listen to the other side of the story. But that's ok. EGW's testimony was written for people who consider it an inspired writing, a special endtime testimoney from God. For the people who don't, it makes no difference what she could have written.
You need to re-check your memory and the original thread. I clearly linked to Wikipedia which stated that all of the members were raised Catholic.
Ok, now Wikipedia is a credible source? I can go in there and change it. Then what?

Upvote 0

NightEternal

Evangelical SDA
Apr 18, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
✟6,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I guess you can take credit for what Tall found.

No I did not and have not. I don't know where you are pulling this out of, but it is not reality. I have not disputed anywhere the fact that Tall found it first.

You can choose to believe all you want that I would not have found it eventually. You would be wrong.

That's your opinion. When someone looks at the meat industry objectively, look at how the animals are raised, the standard, the lack of, how meat has become detriment to physical health and mental health, it's safe to say vegetarian diet when done right is far better for our all over health. The bible talks about honoring your body. If one day, we find out apples are contaminated, should we still eat them knowingly?

Whatever DL. Continue with your float down the river of Denial, it makes no difference to me.

Her statements are plain enough to anyone with two eyes and common sense.

Look you have already proven to have a set agenda and will not listen to the other side of the story. But that's ok. EGW's testimony was written for people who consider it an inspired writing, a special endtime testimoney from God. For the people who don't, it makes no difference what she could have written.

More lies and slander. Consider it reported. I have gone on record many times here that I believe she was inspired, so you are no longer at the point where it is a misunderstanding or miscommunication, but rather baltant, willful lieing. You continually take glee in assassinating my character and unapologetically distoring and misrepresenting my stand on EGW.

Ok, now Wikipedia is a credible source? I can go in there and change it. Then what?

You just cannot admit you are wrong, can you? Yes, there is a big bad conspiracy at Wikipedia by the Jesuits to make sure the masses never know that Black Sabbath were Adventists at one time. :doh:

I'm done here. Not much more point to any of this.

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

More lies and slander. Consider it reported. I have gone on record many times here that I believe she was inspired, so you are no longer at the point where it is a misunderstanding or miscommunication, but rather baltant, willful lieing. You continually take glee in assassinating my character and unapologetically distoring and misrepresenting my stand on EGW.
Thanks for the reports. I must be trembling in fear! :D

Ok, you claim to believe she was inspired and yet you do not accept the counsel of that inspiration. What does that say about your claim?

You just cannot admit you are wrong, can you? Yes, there is a big bad conspiracy at Wikipedia by the Jesuits to make sure the masses never know that Black Sabbath were Adventists at one time. :doh:

I'm done here. Not much more point to any of this.
Haha... can you just address the issue? I only said Wikipedia can be editted by anyone. It's not a credible source. Siting only wikipedia does not prove your case.

Upvote 0

NightEternal

Evangelical SDA
Apr 18, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
✟6,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thanks for the reports. I must be trembling in fear! :D

Just ask Woob if he should have trembled more. Oh wait, we can't, because he was booted out!

Ok, you claim to believe she was inspired and yet you do not accept the counsel of that inspiration. What does that say about your claim?

It says my understanding of inspiration is nothing like the one you hold.

Of course, you probably think Graeme Bradford is a heretic, so that's that then.

Haha... can you just address the issue? I only said Wikipedia can be editted by anyone. It's not a credible source. Siting only wikipedia does not prove your case.

Whatever DL. Why don't you just e-mail Ozzy Osbourne yourself and get it right from the horse's mouth then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.