Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sloth is one of the seven deadly sins, they say. We do have a lot of idle time here in the states while people go without food in other parts of the world. How we get motivated in life??? Only through the power of God. We have to pray that God changes us from the shallow selfish slothful people we are so that we can "redeem the time" that God gives us. We have lots of work that we could do for the poor of the world who cry out to us behind the eyes of Jesus who said when we do things for these people we have done them for Him.

I JOHN 3:16-19 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and truth. This then is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence whenever our hearts condemn us.

MATT. 25:31-45 When the Son of Man comes in his glory....He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.....Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil & his angels. For I was hungry & YOU gave ME nothing to eat, I was thirsty & YOU gave ME nothing to drink, I was a stranger & YOU did not invite ME in, I needed clothes and YOU did not clothe ME, I was sick and in prison, and YOU did not look after ME.". "Whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

Isaiah 58 (selected) Declare to my people their rebellion and to the house of Jacob their sins. For day after day they seek me out; the SEEM eager to Know my ways, AS IF they were a nation that does what is right and has not FORSAKEN THE COMMANDS OF ITS GOD. You cannot fast as you do today and expect your voice to be heard on high. Is not THIS the kind of fasting I have chosen: TO LOOSE THE CHAINS OF INJUSTICE AND UNTIE THE CORDS OF THE YOKE, TO SET THE OPPRESSED FREE AND BREAK EVERY YOKE, IS IT NOT TO SHARE YOUR FOOD WITH THE HUNGRY AND TO PROVIDE THE POOR WANDERER WITH SHELTER WHEN YOU SEE THE NAKED, TO CLOTHE HIM, AND NOT TO TURN AWAY FROM YOUR OWN FLESH... If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the HUNGRY and satisfy the NEEDS OF THE OPPRESSED, then you will find your light will rise in the darkness ............

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 10:42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

ACTS 26:19 I preached first to those in Damascus, then in Jerusalem and through Judea, and also to the Gentiles that all must forsake their sins and turn to God and prove their repentence by doing good deeds

II TiMOTHY 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, SO THAT the man of Good may be thoroughly equipped for every GOOD WORK.

EPHESIANS 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to DO GOOD WORKS, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

TITUS 2:14 Christ Jesus; who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself a people for His own possession, ZEALOUS FOR GOOD DEEDS.

TITUS 3:8 I want you to speak confidently concerning these things, so that those who have believe God may be careful to engage in GOOD DEEDS.

HEBREWS 10:24 And let us consider one another how to stimulate and provoke one another to love an, GOOD DEEDS and noble activities. 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

HEBREWS 13:16 Don't forget or neglect to do kindness and good, to be generous and distribute to the needy, for such sacrifices are well pleasing to God.

1 Peter 2:12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Mt 20:27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear LittleRedRose

" How do you cure laziness? "

STARVE!!!

MAY WE ALL REMEMBER:

“ Believe “ in Greek is a verb and has three components which are: hearing, accepting, and then acting ( COMMITING ) upon that which you have accepted.
X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O ( click on the x and drag to the O ) ( then see who is with you ) steven

Upvote 0