HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I was in College - went to college in my 20's - they had bootleg hats that had Sox (insert s word underneath that) on them (White Sox is the other Chicago team). I was talking to my boyfriend at the time about them, and was laughing because printers were getting busted for printing them - story in the newspapers that week. Yes, it was looked down upon.

We went to game that day, and was taking in Chicago prior. I went inside some establishment to use the ladies room. I came out, and what did he have in his hands? Yep. The bootleg hats! Yet, I just couldn't wear it. He was teasing me about that.

I was in the game, and my EEEEEEEEEEEVil side came out! I looked to the right, and I looked to the left. Evil thoughts were making me giggle. I grabbed it from within my purse, and finally put it on. I was so PROUD of myself! lol I don't know why, because I was paranoid at the same time. I was a Cubs fan! Yet, they never won anything! I just couldn't help myself. I got no bad comments, and NOPE I didn't get busted for wearing it that day.

My parents laughed when I told them about it, and my mother played like she was horrified. Picture this - mother horrified but couldn't help but giggle and snicker under breath. Yep. Cub's fan! My brother wanted to borrow it, and Dad just laughed...Mother told him NOT in MY HOUSE! Yes, it is just a healthy competition between teams.

I'm OLD at this point, and I bet I still have that hat in my memoirs box! It would be so NON illegal at this point to actually wear it with pride! Yep, just to rub some neighbors noses in it. CUBS never win anyway...they said. They ROT they said. HA! I was always loyal (big cheesy grin).

I told the H about that hat years ago - prior to adult kids being even a thought. He asked me tonight if I still had it. lol! Hmm. Being EVIL again? Maybe...just maybe! (shrugs) Maybe I will dig it out!

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
greenstars.gif

Reactions: HannahT
Upvote 0

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well I am a Dodger fan, grew up going to games. However, if they couldn't go to the series I'm glad the Cubs are going, we'll be rooting for them! :clap:

Yup, I heart Chicago. Go Blackhawks!!!

Oh, wait. Wrong sport. :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: HannahT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
My daughter in-law has breast cancer, we found out last week and she starts Chemo this week.
hug.gif
My prayers for you and your daughter. May God bring her healing. And strength to you both during this time. Amen and Amen.
Have you put a prayer request up yet on our prayer wall? The more that pray for your daughter the more strength surrounds her. Where two or three are gathered in Jesus name so too is he with them. :groupray:

Upvote 0