US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am working on praying more hoping God will change how I feel and change my heart not to sin against him and not to be more than depressed and not to dislike people.

Currently I cry at my desk at work almost every other day. The job, finances, my family, my health, loneliness, my boyfriend, getting older (I'll be turning 25) all of it has me miserable. My bad moods are noticeable by just about everyone at work, I know medication is not a good answer for me. I got blood work done and started taking vitamins and it mellowed out the extremes, but I'm still miserable in my current situation. I'm currently working on a business to escape the 9-5 and I am going to try an online counselor whenever I can afford it since the other one I went to seems to be a venting session, nothing else.

Until then seems like I'm kinda trapped in my own misery, and it's severe misery. It's so severe that my brain has kind of dissociated from reality to deal with the misery. Nothing feels real to me, kinda feels like I'm under water or in a dream and sometimes I get confused easy and forget things. I think it's called disrealization. Anyway, I'm concerned I'll hit some kind of breaking point if I don't find something I can do now.

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian
What going through is very rough but when you let go of all that is around you and instead of focusing on your problems focus on God himself everything changes.
Imagine running into his arms free from worry and pain like a small innocent and adoring child imagine the warmth that surrounds him and fills you up as you just lay embraced by him filled with the deep love he feels towards you there is nothing else but you and him peace love warmth

His arms are waiting for you but he needs you to be still so you can hear his voice calling you to them, if you focus on your problems you won't be focused on him

Upvote 0
Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God will either deliver you from suffering, or if not, will give you the strength and grace, to pass trough it and endure it.

Difficulties make you do or discover some good things which you would not do or discover otherwise.

When you worry about the future, which you do not know, it prevents you to function and enjoy living in the present, which you know.

We all have reasons, to be troubled, but the Word of God, gave us a greater reason, not to be troubled.

The Holy Spirit is called a Helper! Therefore, no Christian can be helpless again!

Psalm119:50,52,92,93,107, Isaiah 61:1-3, Psalm 68:19, 2Corinthians 1:3-11, Psalm 121:1,2,3,7, Psalm 115:3-8, Psalm 107:41, Psalm 116:6-9, Psalm 22:24, Psalm 94:17-19, Psalm 142:2,3, Romans 15:13, Psalm 50:15, Psalm 34:6,17,18,19, Psalm 69, Psalm 37:24,39, Psalm 46:1, Psalm 30:11, 31:6-10, Psalm 62, Psalm 6, Psalm 147:3,6, Psalm 4:1,16-18, Psalm 7:6, Psalm 12:8,9,10, Lamentations 3:1-66, Psalm 138:7

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am working on praying more hoping God will change how I feel and change my heart not to sin against him and not to be more than depressed and not to dislike people.

Currently I cry at my desk at work almost every other day. The job, finances, my family, my health, loneliness, my boyfriend, getting older (I'll be turning 25) all of it has me miserable. My bad moods are noticeable by just about everyone at work, I know medication is not a good answer for me. I got blood work done and started taking vitamins and it mellowed out the extremes, but I'm still miserable in my current situation. I'm currently working on a business to escape the 9-5 and I am going to try an online counselor whenever I can afford it since the other one I went to seems to be a venting session, nothing else.

Until then seems like I'm kinda trapped in my own misery, and it's severe misery. It's so severe that my brain has kind of dissociated from reality to deal with the misery. Nothing feels real to me, kinda feels like I'm under water or in a dream and sometimes I get confused easy and forget things. I think it's called disrealization. Anyway, I'm concerned I'll hit some kind of breaking point if I don't find something I can do now.

How patient will you be with an online counselor? Be careful. Identifying oneself as a "Counselor" has legal implications. The person must have been certified, normally at least at the Master's level.

That does not apply to someone who is a skilled Bible student, a theologian, or similar, who will never specifically tell you what you must do. Example: Bible-based Christian forums offer scripture for you to consider.

Derealization requires a skilled psychologist or psychotherapist.

• Agree
Reactions: Neophyte365
Upvote 0

NicoleWilliams

Sep 14, 2016
Colorado
✟7,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyway, I'm concerned I'll hit some kind of breaking point if I don't find something I can do now.

I am so sorry to hear about how you’re feeling – my heart goes out to you. I wish I could give you a hug! I think it would be a good idea if you can surround yourself with some encouraging people .. like family, friends or even a church group? Also, it would benefit you if you can seek counseling regarding your situation – preferable a Christian one. I really hope you will quickly find a solution to your situation. Sending prayers your way. Bless you!

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
O
How patient will you be with an online counselor? Be careful. Identifying oneself as a "Counselor" has legal implications. The person must have been certified, normally at least at the Master's level.

That does not apply to someone who is a skilled Bible student, a theologian, or similar, who will never specifically tell you what you must do. Example: Bible-based Christian forums offer scripture for you to consider.

Derealization requires a skilled psychologist or psychotherapist.

Of which someone like me can not afford. I have tons of student debt and a useless biochemistry degree and tons of medical bills and im living off $14/hr and barely holding onto my job. After today I might get fired. I left work today after one hour due to how upset I was. My boyfriend left me today and it was like the nail on the head. I can't afford help.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like you need to give control of all of those things to God and let him handle it all. Some things will crash to the ground, others won't. You need to be willing to accept whatever he decides. Persist in asking God to provide for your needs, such as food, shelter, and protection from evil.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
O

Of which someone like me can not afford. I have tons of student debt and a useless biochemistry degree and tons of medical bills and im living off $14/hr and barely holding onto my job. After today I might get fired. I left work today after one hour due to how upset I was. My boyfriend left me today and it was like the nail on the head. I can't afford help.

Connect to me in the conversation mode.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums