EinsteinsGirl

NEWLY WED! - Child of a Genius!
Feb 5, 2013
✟19,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm considering voting for Cruz. I like many of his stances on important issues like a wall along Mexican border, abortion, obamacare, and marriage etc. I don't really understand why some DON'T like him (I'm sure some nice people here will volunteer reasons why). Christians tho should want someone with Christian values.

I also like his ads, they're brilliant!

Can't wait to see what others his people come up with!

Last edited:

EinsteinsGirl

NEWLY WED! - Child of a Genius!
Feb 5, 2013
✟19,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And he uses a inappropriate content star in a commercial.
You omitted the fact he didn't know the woman was a soft-inappropriate content actor and immediately pulled the commercial when that detail came to light.

Love your flare for "creative editing" though.
;)

Reactions: Thursday
Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mexican Border:

He wants to close the barn door after the horse has left the stable. There are a _ton_ of Mexicans in the U.S. illegally, but according to Pew Research, the number is declining. They're actually going home on their own. The wall is going to keep them here.

Abortion:

I understand. This is a very hard issue for me. I disagree, and I'm pro-choice, but I understand. I don't know his exact stance, but I hope he makes exceptions for things like the life of the mother, rape, and incest.

ObamaCare:

If he's aiming for a more Sanders-like plan, I could see myself getting behind him on this issue. But I don't know how he plans to get healthcare to every American, so I'm cautious about backing his opposition to the ACA. I mean, I can't say I like it, either, but... c'mon, now. Remember back when you could be rejected for "preconditions?" That was nuts. I'd never want to go back to the before-times.

Marriage:

He personally opposes gay marriage, but I don't understand why he takes the extra step to saying that the law should discriminate. I'd have no problem with a law that protects religions or groups within religions that refuse to perform marriages based on sexual orientation (or race, or whatever). But I think he sees legislation as a hammer, and it's the only tool in his toolbox, so everything (including gay marriage) looks like a nail. I'd have a hard time supporting a candidate who was for legislation designed to discriminate.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also, just noticed the Christian values part of your comment. I could _definitely_ never vote for Cruz precisely because of this. I can agree to disagree with someone who thinks there are times when starting a war is justified. But carpet bombing? That's no Christian. That's a charlatan trying to sell you something and hiding it with "Look at me! I'm a Christian, just like you! Jesus supports indiscriminate killing if the intended targets are Muslims. They aren't like you and me (I'm a Christian like you, by the way)."

At this point, I'm inclined to look for a candidate who says that he or she is not a Christian. Then, at least I know he or she is sincere. That person's values are also probably more Christian than those of the "Christians" running for office.

Upvote 0

DLR

Dec 30, 2015
Iowa
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I caucused for him. He is very conservative and knowledgeable on Constitutional matters IMO. He is also uncompromising to a fault (understatement). I understand he even called the Republican Speaker of the House a liar. He isn't going to get support from the party establishment and doesn't have Trump's money so I'm not optimistic for his campaign. Trump is starting to pull away and I think he is going to go after him for better or worse. I think tomorrows debate is going to get interesting (and likely nasty).

Reactions: EinsteinsGirl
Upvote 0

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And he uses a inappropriate content star in a commercial.
You omitted the fact he didn't know the woman was a soft-inappropriate content actor and immediately pulled the commercial when that detail came to light.

;)

I don't think Maren was trying to imply that Cruz knew about her ahead of time. It's just a funny aside considering the "family values" appearance of the campaign.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DLR

Dec 30, 2015
Iowa
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think Maren was trying to imply that Cruz knew about her ahead of time. It's just a funny aside considering the "family values" appearance of the campaign.

That ls possible of course. But I'm going to guess when you are in the middle of campaigning, your campaign manager writes a big check to an advertising agency and the candidate views the final product. I'd be a little surprised if candidates are actually in charge of casting for commercials.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That ls possible of course. But I'm going to guess when you are in the middle of campaigning, your campaign manager writes a big check to an advertising agency and the candidate views the final product. I'd be a little surprised if candidates are actually in charge of casting for commercials.

Well of course, but when it comes down to it, who cares? If she's just in a campaign commercial not playing herself or referencing her former career, why is this a big deal?

Neither of the following ads takes a policy position -- they're both emotional-appeal ads. Which one was produced for a "Christian" campaign?

I believe in creating these ads, they base them on the GOP translation of the Bible. It's very easy to remember: they ignore all that troublesome Gospel stuff and just stress the importance of Genesis, Leviticus, and Revelation.

Reactions: Willtor
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Well of course, but when it comes down to it, who cares? If she's just in a campaign commercial not playing herself or referencing her former career, why is this a big deal?
It's not. She needed work. The Cruz campaign provided work even if it was just a bit part in the commercial.

It's compassionate conservatism in action.
Winking_smiley.gif

I believe in creating these ads, they base them on the GOP translation of the Bible. It's very easy to remember: they ignore all that troublesome Gospel stuff and just stress the importance of Genesis, Leviticus, and Revelation.
LOL, no.

The Clinton commercial is about how Clinton "feels good". One can draw one's own conclusions.

The Rubio commercial is about how Rubio went to Washington and forgot his campaign promises. It's not complicated.

Upvote 0

fargonic

Nov 15, 2014
✟14,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christians tho should want someone with Christian values.

Christian values? Ted Cruz wants carpet bombing in the Middle East. I'm guessing that isn't what Jesus meant when he said:

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Is Cruz reading a different Bible?

Or is there a quote in the BIble where Jesus says "Love your enemies, but whenever necessary, carpet bomb them and blow their behinds back to the stone age, yeeeeha!

Cruz seems to be enamoured of guns as well. He's got an A+ rating from the NRA. What does Ted think Jesus meant when he said:

Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Oh, I keep forgetting, I'm not reading the New Republican Translation of the Bible where Jesus loves corporate profits, booting the poor off aid and REALLY loves guns!

Sorry, my bad....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fargonic

Nov 15, 2014
✟14,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

;)

Ted learned a valuable lesson: when you hire someone to do an attack ad you sometimes get the messy mud from the procedure on your shoes.

Sure Ted didn't know the actors in the commercial. But, sadly, he clearly did get a commercial staring a soft-core inappropriate content actress. Maybe if Ted focused on "Christian Values" he wouldn't have to hire people to do attack ads and wouldn't run into this sort of thing! He could play himself on tv commercials and tell people what he is FOR rather than hiring people to tell us what he's against.

Christian Values could have possibly kept this particularly unfortunate event from happening! :)

Reactions: Willtor
Upvote 0

fargonic

Nov 15, 2014
✟14,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not. She needed work. The Cruz campaign provided work even if it was just a bit part in the commercial.

It's compassionate conservatism in action.
Winking_smiley.gif

^^^QFT^^^^ Ted was employing a down-on-her-luck woman who had previously had to degrade herself in a most unchristian way. In a sense Ted's campaign HELPED HER GET OUT OF A LIFE OF inappropriate content. Even if it was just one small role.

Bravo, Ted!

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Ted learned a valuable lesson: when you hire someone to do an attack ad you sometimes get the messy mud from the procedure on your shoes.
True.

Ted Cruz has been the recipient of untold attack ads ... run virtually non-stop in caucus and primary states. Additionally, he has been repeatedly attacked and mis-represented by the agenda-driven media.

While he stayed above the fray for much of the campaign, it has been necessary to engage the critics head-on. One can hope that his team is learning from its mistakes as the campaign moves forward.
Sure Ted didn't know the actors in the commercial. But, sadly, he clearly did get a commercial staring a soft-core inappropriate content actress. Maybe if Ted focused on "Christian Values" he wouldn't have to hire people to do attack ads and wouldn't run into this sort of thing! He could play himself on tv commercials and tell people what he is FOR rather than hiring people to tell us what he's against.
Focusing on Christian values is itself counter-productive. One need look no further than discussion on this forum to see how quickly things degenerate when one focuses on Christian values, per se. The man's character and his record are what matters. Those who are concerned with values will perceive for themselves how he compares with other candidates. Values is one area where the example one sets speaks far louder than the words one uses.
Christian Values could have possibly kept this particularly unfortunate event from happening! :)
LOL, no. The commercial was just fine ... merely one minor insignificant detail about one minor actress in it was hyped for political advantage.

Noting that some involved in inappropriate content production have gravitated to the big screen and found acceptability in society. Our society tends to overlook such details ... or maybe it's forgive and forget.

The truth is simply that the Cruz campaign decided that the commercial would no longer be effective for its intended purpose as people would focus on the minor detail rather than the campaign message. Call it a win for team Rubio.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm considering voting for Cruz. I like many of his stances on important issues like a wall along Mexican border, abortion, obamacare, and marriage etc. I don't really understand why some DON'T like him (I'm sure some nice people here will volunteer reasons why). Christians tho should want someone with Christian values.

I also like his ads, they're brilliant!

Can't wait to see what others his people come up with!

Why don't you understand why some don't support Cruz?

Did it ever occur to you, that other people have different opinions in what they want from a president?

Did it ever occur to you, that not all Christians agree with you on the qualities they want in a president?

Upvote 0