Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I prefer cremation with bones later immersed in a river since I am hoping to join Jesus Christ in a place prepared for me in heaven. Furthermore, I would like to identify with martyrs who were burned at stake for speaking the truth.

What do you say?

IMO, cremation is pagan and stems from a gnostic like hatred for God's creation. Only pagans and heretics are consumed in fire.

Heaven is not our home but only a pit stop, the earth is our home, God will return to eradicate sin and restore creation. Christ will return which is why He instructed us to pray "thy kingdom come..."

Yours in the Lord.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
IMO, cremation is pagan and stems from a gnostic like hatred for God's creation. Only pagans and heretics are consumed in fire.

Heaven is not our home but only a pit stop, the earth is our home, God will return to eradicate sin and restore creation. Christ will return which is why He instructed us to pray "thy kingdom come..."

Yours in the Lord.

You do know Jacob and Joseph were mummified do they fit in you list as pagans and heretics.

to the op it doesn't matter the body is dead and you will never return to that body. I am think of having this done and maybe being planted in a tree urn and be food for a tree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Again, have a listen to the sermons found in the thread I linked above. They helped me to view the body and grieving according to the scriptures, and I changed my mind. From the time I thought of my funeral I wanted cremation but have since rejected the idea of destroying the body by fire. Check out the videos of cremation on youtube to see how the body is burned and crushed and tossed in a tray. God's creation, the human body, is destroyed. Man is created in the image of God we shouldn't allow science to dictate how we view ourselves.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
For the record: I answered the op honestly and gave reasons for my response. I'm not saying you cannot have your remains crushed and burned if you so choose. I'm not being dogmatic about it simply giving my position and reasons for it.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Yours in the Lord.

Heretics might be holding on to the truth! Orthodox doesn't mean free passage to heaven!

Upvote 0

Omah1970

Nov 28, 2014
✟11,672.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've been struggling with this. With the disease I have no insurance company will touch me nor can I afford embalming or burial. My only option is three things cremation or donating my body to science or the body farm in Tn. I'm really torn about this issue what if God judges us harshly for it? I'm concerned about it and it does scare me

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've been struggling with this. With the disease I have no insurance company will touch me nor can I afford embalming or burial. My only option is three things cremation or donating my body to science or the body farm in Tn. I'm really torn about this issue what if God judges us harshly for it? I'm concerned about it and it does scare me

Personally speaking, I don't prefer to hand over the body to science to get mutilated and pieces thrown here and there. Besides, science is basically against our faith in Christ!

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

I take a hard line for burial but also know God can and will restore your body fully. You must deal with your circumstances the best you can, honouring Christ and believing in His promises. I don’t know the details but most States and Provinces have Laws that allow for religious burial. Orthodox Jews for example do not get embalmed and are buried.

Personally, I’m going with a cheap burial. I want a plan wooded box that I commissioned to be made for well under $1000 bucks. The service will be held in the church and not a funeral home. The plot is the only real cost.

May God bless and keep.

jm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twob4me

Shark bait hoo ha ha
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2003
Here :)
✟215,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT ON!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This thread has gone through a clean up and a further cleaning may take place.

Please remember the following rule when posting:

Congregational Forum Restrictions

Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of a specific congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum.

You can find that listed within the Christian Forums Rules / Terms of Service

You are not allowed to teach or debate in any congregational forum unless you TRULY share their core teachings and beliefs. You can post in fellowship or ask questions but you can not teach OR debate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT OFF!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

classicalhero

Jun 9, 2013
Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
O The problem with cremation is that our bodies will be resurrected and we have a living hope and do not mourn like those without hope. The resurrection is why I will never get my body created, since my body will stand again with Christ.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
THE DISPOSITION OF THE TABERNACLE OF FLESH
Thoughts By Robert DeWitt, 9/96​
The scriptural way to dispose of the body after death seems to be clearly burial. The world believes it is expedient to cremate bodies, but then what has a believer to do with the world? Fire speaks of judgment in the Word of God, and the child of God has passed from judgment unto life eternal. Why "turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? (Gal.4:9).

In the beginning God formed man from the ground, and in the end of man's life he shall return unto the ground: "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return" (Gen.3:19). Burial has always been God's way, whether by entombment in a cave or interment in the ground. Both in the Old Testament and the New Testament it is clearly God's way for the "tabernacle of flesh" (the body of man), until the resurrection day (1 Cor.15:52; 1 Th.4:16).

As stated already, fire is a picture of judgment in the Word of God (see Josh.7:15; II Sam.23: 6,7), and therefore not suited to a Christian. Only the pagans burned the dead. We will not quote all the verses bearing on this subject, as one can easily find them in the Holy Scriptures. Suffice it to say the principle of God is burial. He buried Moses where no one could find him, instead of burning to hide the body.

God will surely be able to raise up all bodies, to join with the soul in the end, whether burned or buried; but to take steps, however, to destroy the body seems a desecration, and denial of the holy and creative work of God and the plan of resurrection. "Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind" (Rom.14: 5), and seek to honor the Lord.

One will hear teaching and diverse ministry along our pathway from many sources . One should always test it by the Word of God (see John 5:39; Acts 17:11; II Tim.2:15; II Tim.3:16; Titus 1:9). Whether it is profitable often depends, too, on our state of soul. This paper is prepared with much care and prayer to be a help and honor the Lord. Comments and questions are welcome.

ADDENDUM 02/12: I don’t think we should rationalize about cremation, but see what is pleasing to God. If true believers do not seek to yield to the mind of God, and choose rather to do what is expedient, they could suffer loss at the "judgment seat of Christ" ---though their soul is saved. A believer with the new birth is not going to lose his/her salvation in any case. - RLD

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I would tell you that if you don't have a peace about it then don't do it. Start planning and saving now so that you can be buried when the time comes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Omah1970

Nov 28, 2014
✟11,672.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I take a hard line for burial but also know God can and will restore your body fully. You must deal with your circumstances the best you can, honouring Christ and believing in His promises. I don’t know the details but most States and Provinces have Laws that allow for religious burial. Orthodox Jews for example do not get embalmed and are buried.

Personally, I’m going with a cheap burial. I want a plan wooded box that I commissioned to be made for well under $1000 bucks. The service will be held in the church and not a funeral home. The plot is the only real cost.

May God bless and keep.

jm

I'm just afraid with whatever I have to choose God will judge me harshly for it. When I was talking to a friend of mine about this he brought up what some here have brought up about the martyrs that were burned at the stake and those who die at sea and so forth when the body can't even be found. It still bothers me though and scares me because I could put the burden on my family to pay for a funeral but I couldn't do that to my mom who is as dirt poor as I am. Do you think a green burial would be ok? What about donating your body to the body farm were you aren't embalmed but laid out to be studied to learn the decaying process for forensic reasons? Would that be dishonorable to the body in God's eyes? And to the mod if these questions aren't acceptable on here I am so sorry just please feel free to delete this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I prefer cremation with bones later immersed in a river since I am hoping to join Jesus Christ in a place prepared for me in heaven. Furthermore, I would like to identify with martyrs who were burned at stake for speaking the truth.

What do you say?

I would personally prefer to be cremated since it costs a lot less.

Fire only sometimes represents judgment in the Bible not every time. The burning bush that Moses saw represented God's presence, not judgment.

Anyway, it doesn't matter because it is all going back to dust anyway one day.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I'm just afraid with whatever I have to choose God will judge me harshly for it. When I was talking to a friend of mine about this he brought up what some here have brought up about the martyrs that were burned at the stake and those who die at sea and so forth when the body can't even be found. It still bothers me though and scares me because I could put the burden on my family to pay for a funeral but I couldn't do that to my mom who is as dirt poor as I am. Do you think a green burial would be ok? What about donating your body to the body farm were you aren't embalmed but laid out to be studied to learn the decaying process for forensic reasons? Would that be dishonorable to the body in God's eyes? And to the mod if these questions aren't acceptable on here I am so sorry just please feel free to delete this.

I work at a library and found plenty of books written on the subject to help you find a solution to the money issue. Each State or Province has it's own set of by laws that you would be subject to. For example, I live in an area that requires a vaulted grave, this costs extra. What I find most unsettling is how the funeral industry rips people off by helping to create legislation that will cost the families of the deceased! You should be able to Google up some info for you area to help you decide.

As I have stated before, there is a good witness we give to the resurrection of the body at a funeral and grave site. If cremation is your only legit option God will not judge you harshly, for there is no prohibition, just a good witness to the faith we have in the risen Christ.

Yours in the Lord.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will just mention a nice Christian funeral and burial I attended many years ago in a small rural town. The mother of a fairly large and poor family died in another State, and I suppose was embalmed, but then placed in a wooden casket which family members made and engraved with many sweet messages.

The casket was then transported by family, I am told, to the home State where the graveside funeral was held in an old cemetery on a wooded hilltop. The burial there was presumably of reasonable cost. It was a godly event.

I much appreciated this and would like such an event for self. Caskets cost very much at least, and hearses and other business costs are extreme; beside, it is wasteful to put so much money in the ground when the surviving family needs it, so costs should be minimized. In some States the County will bury a person when family cannot afford it, I am told.

Upvote 0