Creflo $ wants to buy a new $65M plane

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People like him and Joel Osteen are everything that's wrong with Christianity today.

What a joke.

All I know about him, is my cousin likes and bought his book. I don't really trust preachers or anyone in church. They seem to show their true colors, like everyone else.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He'll probably end up getting what he wants.

Apparently the site page soliciting the donations has been taken down, at least according to CNN. Still, this prosperity ministry is troubling. From the Christian teachings of my youth my sense was God did not want his followers to suffer in squalor, but he didn't want them living like George Soros either.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟903,875.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Apparently the site page soliciting the donations has been taken down, at least according to CNN. Still, this prosperity ministry is troubling. From the Christian teachings of my youth my sense was God did not want his followers to suffer in squalor, but he didn't want them living like George Soros either.

Absolutely.

There's no denying this person's actions are abhorrent.

To be that greedy and profess a belief in a system that teaches us to help the poor, yeah, something went wrong on his path to Christ, if he even believes at all.

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Absolutely.

There's no denying this person's actions are abhorrent.

To be that greedy and profess a belief in a system that teaches us to help the poor, yeah, something went wrong on his path to Christ, if he even believes at all.

What went wrong is he is a charlatan and a theif by deception. I am certain he believes he can load his coffers with loot from his congregation, and that loot will stay with him an hundred fold.

Upvote 0

USCGrad90

Seeker
Mar 19, 2013
Greenwood, South Carolina, USA
✟15,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Creflo Dollar's ministry? Is he based out of Ohio? I don't follow mega churches, because I don't trust their legitimacy. Million dollar spiritual leaders living in mansions and driving new cars make no sense. They lack the sense of contentment. A core Christian value often overlooked in the faith in a country like America. Their existence is a perversion to the faith. If they want to convince me they're Christian they can actually start by living like one in humility.

He's apparently based in Atlanta. It's a shame they don't see the need in their own community. There are a lot of homeless and people with spiritual need in that city. Our church partnered to help with a new church in the Atlanta area.
church-building.jpg

About Us

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Money, get away
Get a good job with more pay and your O.K.
Money it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream,
Think I'll buy me a football team
Money get back
I'm all right Jack keep your hands off my stack.
Money it's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good *******
I'm in the hi-fidelity first class traveling set
And I think I need a Lear jet

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
- For $65 million, his ministry could send a thousand people to seminary.

- 65 million Bibles from the Dollar Tree (no pun intended) could be given away.

- Two thousand people could be paid a fair year's salary to minister at homeless shelters.

- His 30,000 church members could spend $2000 each on generators and emergency response equipment to help their community during a storm.

- His recordings could be uploaded on 650,000 hosted sites.

Instead, the ministry makes the statement that one man's preaching can't be replaced, and the members of the Body have less worth and potential, less anointing or calling from God.

Their intents might have been good and sensible (and I like his teachings), but they lost track of what the Body of Christ is called to do. We all need to be active, not throw money at a coordinator-spokesman.

(Sorry if the store is linked above... I did not put the link in, and unchecked auto-parsing.)

And that's just for the jet. Operating costs like fuel, pilot, storage fees, repairs/maintenance, etc. put that number well into 5-6 figures in additional monthly expenses.

I read somewhere that churches/organizations where he would fly to preach/speak are asked to pay half the fuel costs. An example was given that the fuel costs from Atlanta (where he is based) to New York would be about $9,000. The host church would be expected to contribute $4,500. For $4,500, a commerical plane ticket, reasonable hotel, and transportation expenses could be covered.

This is absurdity taken to a new level. Hopefully, there will be a lot of backlash from his congregation.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All I know about him, is my cousin likes and bought his book. I don't really trust preachers or anyone in church. They seem to show their true colors, like everyone else.

No kidding. If only there weren't so many sinners in those dang churches!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ducas

Mar 17, 2015
✟7,678.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, 1 Timothy 6:10 says the love of money is a root of all (kinds of) evil. Ain't it the truth.

Thanks; I should've specified that it was written someplace in the Bible that the love of money is the root of evil. With a name like Creflo Dollar one is bound to be pretty sleazy indeed.

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I'm willing to bet there are plenty of pimps that would be jealous of the bling that many pastors and their family own.

Indeed. Joyce Meyer, Kenneth Copeland, Fred Price and others like them are living LARGE.

Upvote 0

OGM

Mar 22, 2010
✟11,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The whole thing is crazy. If he needs quick transportation he can always charter a jet. That way he only pays for the actual trip. It also offers him flexibility to match the aircraft with the number of people he is taking. The Gulfstream 650 cannot takeoff of land at a lot of the smaller airports.

The whole idea is just bad, Bad & BAD!

Upvote 0