Creationists! would you like to be called Doctor even though you're not?

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Psalms 14:1
To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
The only difference between you and me is this, when we were told that there is a god you believed the words and I didn't, I know I didn't believe because there is no evidence, how did you get yourself to believe that there is?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know I didn't believe because there is no evidence,
Then you must live in a cave.

Ever heard the greeting: "God rest ye merry, gentlemen"?

Ever heard the song: "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen"?

On this side of the pond, we even have a trivia question about it that goes like this:

In the song GOD REST YE MERRY GENTLEMEN, where does the comma go, and why?

Upvote 0

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Then you must live in a cave.
Ever heard the greeting: "God rest ye merry, gentlemen"?
On this side of the pond, we even have a trivia question about it that goes like this:
In the song GOD REST YE MERRY GENTLEMEN, where does the comma go, and why?
If this wasn't so sad it would be laughable.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can not compete with your imagination.
Actually you're overqualified.

You, who use more commas in a post than some use periods, can't tell me where the comma goes in one of your most famous greetings?

In fact, you have to avoid the question by saying it's MY imagination?

Well if England's salutation is my imagination, what is science? yours?

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The only difference between you and me is this, when we were told that there is a god you believed the words and I didn't, I know I didn't believe because there is no evidence, how did you get yourself to believe that there is?
I think this thread is moving in the wrong direction.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Sure 'nuff! I just completed an instrumental arrangement of it for my church which will be played during one of our services in the Christmas season. Last year I arranged "Carol of the bells", which can be seen in video on my church's web site.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure 'nuff! I just completed an instrumental arrangement of it for my church which will be played during one of our services in the Christmas season. Last year I arranged "Carol of the bells", which can be seen in video on my church's web site.
Good deal! :oldthumbsup:

Reactions: RickG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The only difference between you and me is this, when we were told that there is a god you believed the words and I didn't
Not true. I had the evidence before I ever heard the words.

I had the evidence of my paternal grandmother, who as as devout a Baptist as ever lived. My father was 6 when her husband, a truck driver, walked out of her life. Divorce was virtually unheard of at the time but my grandfather decided that there was a whole world full of women he hadn't slept with yet so he set about that task. Although divorce is allowed with adultery, my grandmother never re-married and never again dated. To her, that violated her vows.

My maternal grandmother married a non-believer. She went to church on Sunday morning and Sunday evening and those Wednesdays she could make it. She volunteered to clean the church and could always be counted upon to help out when needed. She raised her children in the church despite the fact that her husband saw religion as a bunch of malarkey. After many years, one day my grandfather got dressed and went to church with her. He had seen an inner peace with her that he never had. Shortly thereafter, he gave his life to Christ and became as devout a man as could be. I was 12 when he died of cerebral-vascular failure. He had multiple strokes and spent the last two years in bed, singing hymns in his raspy voice and thanking my grandmother for saving him from Hell.

I was saved when I was 12 years old. I was never quite able to live up to the examples presented by by grandparents, but though I was still a sinner I knew both the forgiveness of the Lord and the inner peace that only comes from having Christ in your life. I have seen good and evil in conflict. I have encountered demons and demon possession. I seen miracles that unbelievers would never believe. If you want to know something about modern miracles, there are several threads on this website to read the personal experiences of your fellow posters.

So, no, I didn't just believe what I was told. I believed what was revealed to me.
I didn't see and then believe. I believed and then I saw.

Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The two biggest icons in evolutionism are first, Darwin, and then George Lyell who came up with fictional Geologic Column. (Yes it is fictional. The fossils are jumbled. For example so called "Cambrian" deep sea fossils are found at every level on the planet including on mountain tops. Whales fossils are found in the Andes mountains. "Jurassic" dino bones are found in the mountains of Northwestern USA. Etc.)

Lyell had a degree in law. Darwin had a degree in theology. He never showed the origin of anything. He was not a scientist but an armchair theorist. His finch beak changes are supposed to support goo through the zoo to you. What do they really show? Resent research reveals that their beaks grow smaller or larger as climate conditions change. The evidence - you know, what real science uses - that finches ever have been or ever will be anything but finches? Like the evidence for the GC: Absolutely zero.

What matters isn't the degree, however, but the data. Thanks to modern technology the data is out there for anyone to see. You don't have to have a degree in this or that to understand the basic rules of science and logic. The truth is, though, that those who are not a part of the politically correct, self protective, lucrative, Neo Darwinism industry, are the ones who feel more free to speak out on the truths that reveal the pseudo science that it promotes.

To illustrate my point, there is this movie, now a vid on YT, that shows how those who even hint that there MIGHT be a Creator are harassed and persecuted in academia and the mainstream media.

Since then Mark Armitage has publically added his voice to prove the truth of the movie. He found some soft tissue in a dino horn. This was published in two peer reviewed articles in science journals. He made no mention of religion in any way. Yet soon a college supervisor came into his office, livid, saying nasty things about religion, and Armitage was fired.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There used to be one; AV1611, unless that was an alter ID for you?
You name yourself after Christopher Hitchens, a dead alcoholic who also campaigned to get people to stop believing in the Creator. (I believe he is no longer atheist.)

I wonder what you think you are actually accomplishing. I see dozens of your atheism promotion vids on YT. You get on this Christian forum and for years have tried to convince people that they have no Heavenly Father Who will bless them, and protect them from their enemies. You keep saying there is no Creator and you seem to feel that makes Him go away. No, He isn't going anywhere. He's real real. And whatever you do or don't do, He will still go on loving and helping His people. And even if they get deceived and go astray - like me, a former atheist and evolutionism supporter - guess what? The Good Shepherd knows how to get His lost sheep back.

He wins people all the time, in spite of evolutionary and atheist propaganda. Here are just a very, very few examples of how He helps those who believe in Him. (Why be left out?)
Now in the Bible we are told of a Man Who believed in Adam and Eve and Noah as being actual, historical figures. The Bible says He did miracles and told others to do things like raise the dead and heal the sick. It also describes His death and burial. Is there any actual scientific data to support those stories?
See secular news reports about Val Thomas, dead for 17 hours but now alive and normal after prayers from her family and her Church.
See Medical Marvel Beyond Chance, from a secular source, with a pediatrician giving his report. this one attesting to a dying child's healing which cannot be explained by modern medicine, and came after a relative laid hands on her and prayed for her. The DNA in every cell in her body was healed.
Here is some more documented, scientific, evidence, not nearly all of it at all. See CBN's short vid Dean Braxton. You'll hear his critical care doctor, rated the best patient care doctor in Washington state, saying "It is a miracle...a miracle..." that Braxton is alive, has no brain damage and is normal in every way. Why? He had no heart beat and no respiration for 1 3/4 hours! His family believed in divine healing and they and others were praying for him.
Also see CBN Dr. Chauncey Crandall Raises A Man From The Dead.
Part 1. This video is a bit faded but has the most complete information on this story.
Get Dr. Richard Casdorph's book The Miracles. There he gives medical documentation for miracles, mostly, but not all, from Kathryn Kuhlman's healing services. Casdorph came to Kuhlman's meetings to debunk her but turned into a supporter, as did other doctors. You can see him and other doctors in some of her healing services on YT. (She is now deceased.) Delores Winder is one of the cases documented in his book. You can watch her amazing story on YT with Sid Roth. Skip to 1:31 to miss the book ad.

The book The Audacity of Prayer by Don Nordin lists medically documented miracles.
On Andrew Wommack's vids you can see doctors talking about "miracles" too. Check out the YT vid with the opthamologist who says Yes, Ronald Coyne could see out of an empty eye socket after a faith healer prayed for him. You can see him doing demos. At the end of the book Don't Limit God you see a medical statement by a doctor saying that his patient used to have M.S. and diabetes but is now cured. Do you think that Someone Who can raise the dead and heal people of deadly "incurable" diseases, Someone Who created time, space, matter, energy and you - needed "evolution" to make life forms? No, He created them fully formed and fully functional in 6 days just as Genesis, a Book He always supported, tells you.
Then there is the Shroud of Turin. If you don't know, the Shroud is a linen burial shroud with the faint image of a crucified man on it. If you have heard that the Shroud was proven to be a Medieval fake based on carbon 14 testing, in the documentary Jesus And The Shroud of Turin you can see the very inventor of carbon 14 testing saying that the sample was invalid due to contamination. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTtDhvk_aw4
The vid demonstrates many miraculous features such as pollen from Jerusalem and faint images of flowers that are found only in the Jerusalem area during the spring, as at Passover when Messiah was crucified. With modern technology we also see that the Shroud has an x ray quality which reveals bones and dentition of the Man on the Shroud.
In the 70s a NASA scientist noticed the Shroud's photographs had inexplicable, unique in the world, qualities. He got up a team of scientists, called STURP, to examine it in person in Italy. (No, the Shroud is not "just a Catholic thing" as the Vatican only came into possession of it fairly recently in history.) They used NASA, and other, high tech equipment with 100s of thousands of hours of research. Their findings are seen all over the net and were published in respected science journals.
The team was composed of 3 Jews, at least one agnostic and one atheist, and people of various faiths. They all agreed on these things: There is no paint on the Shroud and they have no clue how the image got there. It exactly matches, down to blood stains where a crown of thorns would be, the description of Messiah's death and burial as given in the Bible, what NT writers report. The image could not be duplicated with modern technology.
About the Shroud I say "If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck, maybe it's a duck." Maybe that Man on the Shroud is your very Best Friend and Savior. I pray you will find that out.
You're going to need a miracle some day friend. They are out there in abundance for those who humbly seek them from their Creator, the One Who made all that DNA out there, and Who said, "Whoever comes to Me I will no way cast out."

Last edited:
Upvote 0