Creationists! would you like to be called Doctor even though you're not?

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well if you live in the US you can....... get an honorary degree here:
http://www.ladc-institute.com/menu/how-to-use-your-honorary-title/

The recipient of an honorary degree may add the title post-nominally. In some countries, like the United States, a person who holds an honorary doctorate can use the title "Doctor" before their name, abbreviated "Dr." In other countries, you must always establish the honorary nature of your degree by adding "honorary", "honoris causa" or "h.c." in parenthesis after the degree title. Honorary titles may be used outside of the academic field as long as it is made clear that they are not professional designations. Moreover, an honorary title should never be deceptively similar to a professional title in the judgment of an average observer, as this can constitute false designation.

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well if you live in the US you can....... get an honorary degree here:
http://www.ladc-institute.com/menu/how-to-use-your-honorary-title/

The recipient of an honorary degree may add the title post-nominally. In some countries, like the United States, a person who holds an honorary doctorate can use the title "Doctor" before their name, abbreviated "Dr." In other countries, you must always establish the honorary nature of your degree by adding "honorary", "honoris causa" or "h.c." in parenthesis after the degree title. Honorary titles may be used outside of the academic field as long as it is made clear that they are not professional designations. Moreover, an honorary title should never be deceptively similar to a professional title in the judgment of an average observer, as this can constitute false designation.
Wow. For $89 I can get a Doctorate in astrology! Or become a Dr. of yoga or a Dr. of UFOlogy! Or maybe I should get them to give me a doctorate in humane letters, and then write them a "humane" letter explaining that this "doctorate" from this "institute" is BS.

Upvote 0

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Must be all about the picking up of gals for the night.
It's also good for fooling creationists into thinking you know what you are talking about, you could go lecturing around the country or just sell books and pamphlets about creationism online, with your "Dr" label prominently displayed of course.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Wow. For $89 I can get a Doctorate in astrology! Or become a Dr. of yoga or a Dr. of UFOlogy! Or maybe I should get them to give me a doctorate in humane letters, and then write them a "humane" letter explaining that this "doctorate" from this "institute" is BS.
It's America, the land of the free where people are free to lie and con whoever will buy the snake oil, as it's already been shown over the years millions and millions buy it every day and they keep coming back for more.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
America isn't guided by good morals?
That's why a lot of people are free to lie and con other people, people just say people who are conned are fools and they never blame the con artist,
Donald Trump is conning half the nation and they love him for it.
His followers want Trump to tell them what they want to hear, they don't care if it's the truth or even if it makes sense just as long as it's what they want to hear.

Just like their religion the fooled believe what they want to believe and are blind to the reality of their situation, the very last people to see they are being conned are the people being conned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Donald Trump is conning half the nation and they love him for it.
That nation you're talking about kept you from having to say this in German.

And who conned you guys into getting one of Eastern Europe's largest mosques?

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Agree
Reactions: RickG
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That if I may say was below the belt.^_^
Why?

You said that yourself in Post 6.

I just pointed out that there was a very good reason you didn't say it in German.

Upvote 0