RobertByers

Feb 26, 2008
✟15,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For everyone.
<staff edit> This doesn't make the Spaniards good and they in turn were displaced in the world by Protestant countries.
As surely as there is a hell there is a earthly punishment for men when they cross the line of evil.
Christian civilization always thought the New world people were punished by gGod.
One must be careul about judging but evidence adds up.

Some great posts here about evolutions complicity with injustice based on racial ideas.
However while darwin did believe in female inferiority from biological evolution processes HE DIDN't believe in racial differences. He notes higher will replace lower but this is not about genetics.

Yet most early evolutionists were forever measuring skull sizes with results published. Evolution did set up Europe for establishment consent to racial ideas and made it difficult to argue against for regular people. The universities then , and now a little, accepted evolution in race. Of coarse evolution itself was not the origin of injustice.

By the way Yes Hitler accepted God, I guess, but he hated christianity as a Jewish idea. no contradiction.
<staff edit>
The christian faith is the origin of justice and love, in social/political relationships, and why there is more in the Anglo=American civilization is because there was a greater and consistent &#37; of bible believing Christians.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

ragarth

Nov 27, 2008
Virginia, USA
✟1,704.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
By the way Yes Hitler accepted God, I guess, but he hated christianity as a Jewish idea. no contradiction.
<staff edit>
The christian faith is the origin of justice and love, in social/political relationships, and why there is more in the Anglo=American civilization is because there was a greater and consistent &#37; of bible believing Christians.

I don't know what Hitler's religious preference is, but I do know he abused religion and science both to push his ideals. He used misinterpretation and redirection to do so, whether he did this on purpose or actually believed these fallacies and lies, I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Christian Soldier

QUESTION EVOLUTION
Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
✟2,190.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"The western nations of Europe, who now so immeasurably surpass their former savage progenitors, and stand at the summit of civilization, owe little or none of their superiority to direct inheritance from the old Greeks"

Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

Creation & Evolution Forum Guidelines

3. Post respectfully.

Be kind to your fellow poster. No name-calling. No flame-inciting language. You will respect members who are new to the board. If you feel you cannot stand to answer a question that you&#8217;ve answered repeatedly in the past, move on without posting. There are many others on both sides of the debate who are willing to respond respectfully, and ridiculing the post will not be tolerated.

If you no longer feel you can do so, get up and walk away until you've calmed down.

6. Tone it down

Along with the above, disagreeing with someone's opinion in a very antagonistic way, while perhaps not technically a flame, is still likely to be taken as such. Please consider if there is a less hostile phrasing you might use.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Christian Soldier

QUESTION EVOLUTION
Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
✟2,190.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"I could show fight on natural selection having done and doing more for the progress of civilization than you seem inclined to admit. Remember what risk the nations of Europe ran, not so many centuries ago, of being overwhelmed by the Turk, and how ridiculous such an idea now is!

The more civilized so-called Caucasian races have beaten the Turkish hollow in the struggle for existence. Looking to the world at no very distant date, what an endless number of the lower races will have been eliminated by the higher civilized races throughout the world."

Charles Darwin
Personal Letter to William Graham
July 3, 1881

Upvote 0

Danyc

Nov 2, 2007
✟9,970.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
ChristianSoldier, do you, by quoting darwin, hope to discredit his theory?

Then I must ask you-- If Billy Graham were to renounce his faith right now, would that discredit your faith in God? Would that change any fact about God's existence?

No.

It matters not if Darwin was the starter of the Evil Atheist Conspiracy, ate babies for breakfast regularly, and daily participated in killings of races other than his own. The facts speak-- evolution is a tested and factual theory, shown to be so for over a hundred years. And no amount of calling Darwin a racist or anything else will change that.

So think next time before you make another accusation of immorality against Darwin.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
"I could show fight on natural selection having done and doing more for the progress of civilization than you seem inclined to admit. Remember what risk the nations of Europe ran, not so many centuries ago, of being overwhelmed by the Turk, and how ridiculous such an idea now is!

The more civilized so-called Caucasian races have beaten the Turkish hollow in the struggle for existence. Looking to the world at no very distant date, what an endless number of the lower races will have been eliminated by the higher civilized races throughout the world."

Charles Darwin
Personal Letter to William Graham
July 3, 1881
Well look at that, a man from the 19th century is racist. How shocking. And how irrelevant to the truth theory of evolution.

Upvote 0