Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And you have to deny self deception, which is also a part of your past.
I don't deny self-deception.

I see it here all the time.

You guys work hard to create mental blocks you can't get around.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't deny self-deception.

I see it here all the time.

You guys work hard to create mental blocks you can't get around.
We work hard, to be sure, but we don't nearly put the overtime in required to have such a robust cog. dis. as you do.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
The point of the OP, however, is that there are experts...and then there are experts, and that if you choose an expert because they suit your agenda, then you would be following the wrong expert and be just as wrong as they are.

We follow the evidence.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Hallstone has clearly stated that all models are incomplete, as compared to what can be ascertained from the word of God.

That doesn't change the fact that the evidence contradicts special creation, a young Earth, and a recent global flood.

But when a man knows God - he does not "know nothing." On the contrary, he knows the All in all.

That is just an empty assertion.

Comparing the knowledge of men to that of God - there is no contest.

And yet all you can present is empty assertions written by men.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We work hard, to be sure, but we don't nearly put the overtime in required to have such a robust cog. dis. as you do.
No, you avoid cognitive dissonance by relying on such shoddy definitions as provided by fiction writers.

You avoid cognitive dissonance by hardening your heart to evidence of God: such as churches, holidays, and even Jesus time (BC/AD).

I could go on and on, but I won't.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, you avoid cognitive dissonance by relying on such shoddy definitions as provided by fiction writers.

aka, "the Bible."
You avoid cognitive dissonance by...
...accepting independently objective falsifiable evidence capable of making predictions and building models.
hardening your heart
My heart is quite healthy, thank you, as I exercise 5-6 days a week.
to evidence of God:
Yeaaaah.... about that.
such as churches, holidays, and even Jesus time (BC/AD).
Let me guess, you also think weather balloons are evidence aliens crashed at Roswell.
I could go on and on, but I won't.
Thanks, I think I speak for everybody by saying, you've gone on enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
yes, I have a basic understanding of that

Then you should understand how the marine fossils that comprise formations in mountains got into the position they did. Are you aware that the Himalayas are still growing?

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That doesn't change the fact that the evidence contradicts special creation, a young Earth, and a recent global flood.

That is just an empty assertion.

And yet all you can present is empty assertions written by men.
The evidence contradiction...is the point of the OP, which explains the error. After that...all you have is errors stemming from a false premise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
The evidence contradiction...is the point of the OP, which explains the error. After that...all you have is errors stemming from a false premise.

Sorry, but making up stories does not make contradictory evidence go away.

Do you really think a criminal can make all of the forensic evidence go away by claiming that Leprechaun's planted it?

Upvote 0

Hallstone

Jul 20, 2016
Pacific Northwest
✟14,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then you should understand how the marine fossils that comprise formations in mountains got into the position they did. Are you aware that the Himalayas are still growing?
What I find interesting about the subject is if you look at the destruction account in sequence, it begins with "all the fountains of the great deep broke open", I think this may be a direct reference to massive tectonic action, and then it says after that the "floodgates of the sky opened", first all the tectonic rifts blow open which then causes the original firmament to collapse. interesting model.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What I find interesting about the subject is if you look at the destruction account in sequence, it begins with "all the fountains of the great deep broke open", I think this may be a direct reference to massive tectonic action, and then it says after that the "floodgates of the sky opened", first all the tectonic rifts blow open which then causes the original firmament to collapse. interesting model.
Do you have a source?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I doubt there were any tectonic plates prior to the Flood.

Upvote 0