Hallstone

Jul 20, 2016
Pacific Northwest
✟14,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prov. 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.

Mankind loves to explore, to seek the truth about everything, and there are many things to discover.
When we are seeking the truths of the universe, whether it be Physics, Philosophy, Religion, or any of the specific sciences, we need to understand that these things are discovered through our personal perception of the facts of the matter, whatever it may be. They are unlocked so to speak with logic, complete logic.

A mans logic is only as good as the accuracy of his perception. So lets have a look at perception and see how it can be influenced.

Lets say that I am looking at a beautifully hand crafted table that is approximately five hundred years old. To me the table is beautiful, it has the appearance of age, and I have been told that it is five hundred years old. These are the obvious facts of this situation. I am not a highly skilled master craftsman, nor am I a expert dealer of antiques, so I readily accept the information that I have been given as being true.

The real truth of the matter in this situation is that the table was created by a highly skilled master craftsman just one week ago, a master craftsman who is highly skilled in creating replicas. To me the table looks old, and I had no specific reason to doubt the information that I was given.

Also in this situation there are other factors that can influence my perception, like maybe I am looking to buy a old table, or maybe this table matches some chairs that were handed down to me by my family, whatever the reason is, it creates an agenda that can adversely affect my perception because it creates a need, so that I am more apt to believe that the table is old because I want to believe it, because it fits my agenda.

This example was of an inanimate object, but what about a living example? How can our perception be altered, or manipulated by a living thing? Let us use a human example, actually the first human example which would be Adam.

The Bible says that the first man was formed out of the dust of the earth, and God breathed life into him, and he became a living soul. Although we have never seen this actually happen, we can certainly understand this explanation, essentially God made him, and then animated him, so that he was a living man, he was not a baby, he was a fully formed grown man. He may have looked like he was twenty five years old, I don't know, in any case he was an adult male.

So knowing this information, if we had been standing there two minutes after Adam was created, we would be looking at an adult man, and if we say that perhaps he looked twenty five years old to us, that would mean that in our perception we would think that he looked twenty five years old, but in reality he was only two minutes old. So we see that time is relative to perception.

In other words, in this situation, because Adam appeared to be twenty five, but he was only two minutes old, we could say that he appeared to be 6,570,000 times older than he actually was, because there are 30 two minute increments in one hour, times twenty four hours in a day, times 365 days in a year, times 25.

So we can see that if our logic does not contain the essential ingredient, which in this case would be the actual Biblical account, we would naturally think that Adam was a lot older than he actually was, and this fact uncovers a ratio, a perception ratio that helps us understand that something (that is a created thing) can have the appearance of great age.

The Bible says that the universe is a created thing, in all its beauty, wonder, and vastness, it is still just a created thing. The Bible also says that the entire universe exists inside God, and that He maintains it from moment to moment. It also says that He created the Heavens and the Earth quite literally 6000 years ago, if we apply the same logic that we learned with Adam, we could say that the earth and the universe appear to be 39.4 billion years old, but in reality it is just 6000.

Also if we add the fact that the original world was destroyed by water, tectonic action, upheaval, and mass volcanic action, we see that these things can affect the logic of those that are trying to sort out the facts of the matter, without having all the pieces to the puzzle, and actually leaving out essential portions of the equation.

So we see that if perception is lacking essential factors, then it is flawed, and can never achieve the correct answer, or in this case the ultimate truths of the universe.
What are some of the other aspects that can affect someone's perception that is trying to see the truth in this situation? What are some of the negative aspects that could adversely affect a persons perception causing their logic to be distorted?

If a person did not want to believe that God created the Universe, this would definitely create an agenda that would adversely affect their perception, and damage their logic, considering the fact that it is very obvious that the universe and everything in it was wonderfully engineered and created intentionally.

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

An agenda that purposely excludes God is completely ridiculous, and yet men continue to resist accountability to God, or even acknowledge that fact that there is a God that is actively involved in every single persons life on the entire planet in the sense that He is graciously drawing all people to Himself despite their resistance.

We can see that if a man tries to use the creation to disprove the Creator then that man has become completely foolish in his logic, and has adopted a science of failure, because his calculations can never achieve truth, being twisted and skewed by agenda, and lacking the primary portion of all equations.

Considering the facts of creation, to believe that the Universe was somehow brought into existence by some kind of mindless organizing constructive explosion could only be formulated by someone that is one click above a drooling fool, and yet the most prestigious colleges have professors that practice this kind of false knowledge because of their agenda.

Speaking about Mankind in general, the Apostle Paul said:
Romans 1:21-22 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools.

So we see that it is possible for men to be extremely intelligent, and knowledgeable, and yet be extremely mistaken and foolish because of adherence to an agenda. Even though a man may be very sincere in his beliefs, at the same time he can also be sincerely mistaken, and this is what Paul experienced on the road to Damascus, and it is the same lesson that all men must discover in order to see the light of the truth, and find their way out of confusion.

In order to discover the truth one must never leave out the main ingredient to the equation of the universe, and that main ingredient is Jesus Christ, He is God, and always has been.

Stoneless Temple

Reactions: ScottA

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Prov. 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.

Mankind loves to explore, to seek the truth about everything, and there are many things to discover.
When we are seeking the truths of the universe, whether it be Physics, Philosophy, Religion, or any of the specific sciences, we need to understand that these things are discovered through our personal perception of the facts of the matter, whatever it may be. They are unlocked so to speak with logic, complete logic.

A mans logic is only as good as the accuracy of his perception. So lets have a look at perception and see how it can be influenced.

Lets say that I am looking at a beautifully hand crafted table that is approximately five hundred years old. To me the table is beautiful, it has the appearance of age, and I have been told that it is five hundred years old. These are the obvious facts of this situation. I am not a highly skilled master craftsman, nor am I a expert dealer of antiques, so I readily accept the information that I have been given as being true.

The real truth of the matter in this situation is that the table was created by a highly skilled master craftsman just one week ago, a master craftsman who is highly skilled in creating replicas. To me the table looks old, and I had no specific reason to doubt the information that I was given.

Also in this situation there are other factors that can influence my perception, like maybe I am looking to buy a old table, or maybe this table matches some chairs that were handed down to me by my family, whatever the reason is, it creates an agenda that can adversely affect my perception because it creates a need, so that I am more apt to believe that the table is old because I want to believe it, because it fits my agenda.

This example was of an inanimate object, but what about a living example? How can our perception be altered, or manipulated by a living thing? Let us use a human example, actually the first human example which would be Adam.

The Bible says that the first man was formed out of the dust of the earth, and God breathed life into him, and he became a living soul. Although we have never seen this actually happen, we can certainly understand this explanation, essentially God made him, and then animated him, so that he was a living man, he was not a baby, he was a fully formed grown man. He may have looked like he was twenty five years old, I don't know, in any case he was an adult male.

So knowing this information, if we had been standing there two minutes after Adam was created, we would be looking at an adult man, and if we say that perhaps he looked twenty five years old to us, that would mean that in our perception we would think that he looked twenty five years old, but in reality he was only two minutes old. So we see that time is relative to perception.

In other words, in this situation, because Adam appeared to be twenty five, but he was only two minutes old, we could say that he appeared to be 6,570,000 times older than he actually was, because there are 30 two minute increments in one hour, times twenty four hours in a day, times 365 days in a year, times 25.

So we can see that if our logic does not contain the essential ingredient, which in this case would be the actual Biblical account, we would naturally think that Adam was a lot older than he actually was, and this fact uncovers a ratio, a perception ratio that helps us understand that something (that is a created thing) can have the appearance of great age.

The Bible says that the universe is a created thing, in all its beauty, wonder, and vastness, it is still just a created thing. The Bible also says that the entire universe exists inside God, and that He maintains it from moment to moment. It also says that He created the Heavens and the Earth quite literally 6000 years ago, if we apply the same logic that we learned with Adam, we could say that the earth and the universe appear to be 39.4 billion years old, but in reality it is just 6000.

Also if we add the fact that the original world was destroyed by water, tectonic action, upheaval, and mass volcanic action, we see that these things can affect the logic of those that are trying to sort out the facts of the matter, without having all the pieces to the puzzle, and actually leaving out essential portions of the equation.

So we see that if perception is lacking essential factors, then it is flawed, and can never achieve the correct answer, or in this case the ultimate truths of the universe.
What are some of the other aspects that can affect someone's perception that is trying to see the truth in this situation? What are some of the negative aspects that could adversely affect a persons perception causing their logic to be distorted?

If a person did not want to believe that God created the Universe, this would definitely create an agenda that would adversely affect their perception, and damage their logic, considering the fact that it is very obvious that the universe and everything in it was wonderfully engineered and created intentionally.

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

An agenda that purposely excludes God is completely ridiculous, and yet men continue to resist accountability to God, or even acknowledge that fact that there is a God that is actively involved in every single persons life on the entire planet in the sense that He is graciously drawing all people to Himself despite their resistance.

We can see that if a man tries to use the creation to disprove the Creator then that man has become completely foolish in his logic, and has adopted a science of failure, because his calculations can never achieve truth, being twisted and skewed by agenda, and lacking the primary portion of all equations.

Considering the facts of creation, to believe that the Universe was somehow brought into existence by some kind of mindless organizing constructive explosion could only be formulated by someone that is one click above a drooling fool, and yet the most prestigious colleges have professors that practice this kind of false knowledge because of their agenda.

Speaking about Mankind in general, the Apostle Paul said:
Romans 1:21-22 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools.

So we see that it is possible for men to be extremely intelligent, and knowledgeable, and yet be extremely mistaken and foolish because of adherence to an agenda. Even though a man may be very sincere in his beliefs, at the same time he can also be sincerely mistaken, and this is what Paul experienced on the road to Damascus, and it is the same lesson that all men must discover in order to see the light of the truth, and find their way out of confusion.

In order to discover the truth one must never leave out the main ingredient to the equation of the universe, and that main ingredient is Jesus Christ, He is God, and always has been.

Stoneless Temple
This should be in the GA forum.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,538.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Presumably such a table would be expensive. If I were thinking of buying such a table I might seek out a skilled master craftsman and ask if such a table might be made today. I would certainly locate an expert in antiques, especially furniture of that period and ask them to validate its age.

If rather than purchasing a table I were buying into a belief system that would impact virtually every aspect of my life then I would be foolish not to seek out experts in the matter. If these experts were to assure me that the table, excuse me, the planet, was as old as it appeared to be and if they were able to show me, in detail, how they had arrived at that conclusion, then I would avoid that belief system.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here is a question scientists won't answer:

Consider God creating a loaf of raisin bread in a moment of time.

Since raisins are aged grapes, was God being deceptive?

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Here is a question scientists won't answer:

Consider God creating a loaf of raisin bread in a moment of time.

Since raisins are aged grapes, was God being deceptive?
Nope. He's just raisin the bread from the pan.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
If a person did not want to believe that God created the Universe, this would definitely create an agenda that would adversely affect their perception

Fortunately, scientists of good will and many different faiths have studied the question without any such axe to grind, and they have determined quite conclusively that the earth is 4.5 billion years old, and the universe is roughly 14 billion years old.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

Would a newly created Adam have scars on his back that exactly match a bear's claw, even though he never was involved in a bear attack?

Would a newly Adam have a calcification on his tibia that looks exactly like the bone was broken in the past?

Would Adam have fake memories of events that never happened?

What we see in the creation is evidence of past events, not simply "it looks that old". In order for the Universe to be 6,000 years old, then God would have needed to fake that evidence. Most people don't see this as a viable theology.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What we see in the creation is evidence of past events, not simply "it looks that old". In order for the Universe to be 6,000 years old, then God would have needed to fake that evidence. Most people don't see this as a viable theology.
And according to Psalm 19, you're supposed to see God's handiwork as well.

The fact that you don't tells me you're looking at something the wrong way.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
And according to Psalm 19, you're supposed to see God's handiwork as well.

The fact that you don't tells me you're looking at something the wrong way.

Just like the snake oil salesman says that people are using the drug incorrectly when they aren't healed.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just like the snake oil salesman says that people are using the drug incorrectly when they aren't healed.
Is that what RickG sees? Lucaspa? sfs? Tomk80? Arunma?

Upvote 0

Hallstone

Jul 20, 2016
Pacific Northwest
✟14,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would a newly created Adam have scars on his back that exactly match a bear's claw, even though he never was involved in a bear attack?

Would a newly Adam have a calcification on his tibia that looks exactly like the bone was broken in the past?

Would Adam have fake memories of events that never happened?

If we believe that God created the world as it was 6000 years ago, which it was much greater in every way than it is now, and the entire surface of the world was changed and reconstituted, even the atmosphere was changed, then it is not hard to believe that even the destruction that was levied on the planet was controlled, I have personally found fossil evidence, and geological evidence to support this, and have made no money, or prestige from it. there have been many discoveries that do not fit the scientific models, and that evidence is buried.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
If we believe that God created the world as it was 6000 years ago, which it was much greater in every way than it is now, and the entire surface of the world was changed and reconstituted, even the atmosphere was changed, then it is not hard to believe that even the destruction that was levied on the planet was controlled, I have personally found fossil evidence, and geological evidence to support this, and have made no money, or prestige from it. there have been many discoveries that do not fit the scientific models, and that evidence is buried.

We find things like uranium radiohalos which can only form over millions of years:

radiohalos-370x196.png

Each ring represents one of the decay products in the Uranium decay chain. It takes a long time for Uranium to decay into those daughter products, and a long time for those daughter products to accumulate to the point that they can produce their own visible rings.

Are you saying that God planted fake uranium radiohalos into Earth's rocks just to fool us?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

The first thing you need to explain is why the deposits holding these supposed polonium halos intrudes into sedimentary rock containing fossils. When a metamorphic rock intrudes into a sedimentary rock, it means that the sedimentary rock had to be there for the metamorphic rock to intrude into it. This means that you propose a model where God creates the Earth with fossils already in the ground. Is this the type of trickster God you believe in?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The first thing you need to explain is why the deposits holding these supposed polonium halos intrudes into sedimentary rock containing fossils. When a metamorphic rock intrudes into a sedimentary rock, it means that the sedimentary rock had to be there for the metamorphic rock to intrude into it.
Maybe Metamorphic rock got jammed into sedimentary during Peleg's time?

Upvote 0