1. New: Christian Forums Staff Recruit Video.- It's that time of year again. We are having our annual Staff Recruit Drive. Simply ask any staffer to help you apply and enjoy the video...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please help us test our new CF PrayPal app available right now in the Google Play store for Android devices. The iPhone app should be available within the next few days. If you would be so kind to also add a review for it that would be great! Thanks!

Just Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creation Man:Not Monkey

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by coolstylinstud, Jul 3, 2005.

1. coolstylinstud

coolstylinstud Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    How can anyone beleive we evolved from monkeys heres a few questions for people who beleive that

1.If we did evolve from monkeys then how come babies arent born monkeys

2.Even Darwin said his theories were wrong before he died so why do you still believe them

3.do you really not believe the bible it says we were created in seven days not millions of years

4.how come we cant speak monkey

Just for a fact ape like creatures are monkeys Just in case certain people get on this thread

2. Nathan Poe

Nathan Poe New Member

Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Agnostic
    Obviously you don't have kids. The resemblence (at least in terms of behavior) is uncanny.

This is false.

Nope. The Genesis story is an allegory for sin.

How come I can't speak Chinese?

Thank you for reminding me not only why I visit this board, but why I've chosen a career in education. :wave:

3. revolutio

revolutio Apatheist Extraordinaire

Faith:
    Atheist
    Because we evolved from monkeys. :)

Nietzsche also went completely off his rocker before he died.

Little icons by people's fictional names on the internet never lie.

THERE'S A SPOON IN MY EAR!

4. maha

maha New Member

Faith:
    Other-Religion
    Just reading the title of this thread I knew it would be a juicy one. Then I clicked on it...I was right! I shall answer these questions with a corresponding level of intellect that was used to concoct them.

1.If we did evolve from monkeys then how come babies arent born monkeys

Monkey babies are born monkeys.

2.Even Darwin said his theories were wrong before he died so why do you still believe them

Really? Darwin said, "My theories are wrong." I guess he was wrong then in making that statement, because many of his theories have been proven correct.

3.do you really not believe the bible it says we were created in seven days not millions of years

Yes. I really don't believe in the bible...especially because it said we were created in seven days.

4.how come we cant speak monkey

Because "monkey" is not a language, it is an animal.

Having answered these questions, I somehow feel as though I have been taken for a ride...Hmmm.

5. mattjay

mattjay New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Atheist

oh I can speak fluent monkey,

The question is.....can you understand monkey?

Being 14, should save you from evo ridicule regarding your questions. (I think)

AirPo likes this.
  6. Nymphalidae

Nymphalidae New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Atheist
    Is this a joke?

7. Edx

Edx Senior Veteran

Faith:
    Atheist
    Nah. Its one of those people trying to "do a Creationist". I cant believe this is real.

8. Self Improvement

Self Improvement New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Atheist
    [​IMG]ROFLCOPTER ROFLROFLROFLRLFROLLFLOLOLLLOLOLOLZ!!!!

9. Self Improvement

Self Improvement New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Atheist
    "Sir, our radar is picking up a large force of ROFLCOPTER in our area. We request immediate evac!!!!!"

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    "Roger that".

10. Nathan Poe

Nathan Poe New Member

Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Agnostic
    /me starts playing the theme song to M*A*S*H

11. LordoftheScythe

LordoftheScythe Junior Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Atheist
    Heh, a 14yo with a SN "coolstylinstud." Interesting...

First off, we have a common ancestor with monkeys, so no, we didn't evolve from monkeys. You may not know it, but there are actually some people born with nearly their entire body covered in dark hair and some born with tails.

1) I don't understand this question. Why would we be born a monkey?

2) The Pope denied god's existence on his death bed. Don't believe me? Perhaps it was just a rumour..

3) As a kid, I am sure it seems strange that people don't believe the bible or interpret it the same way that your parents do. I remember being young and never questioning things my parents did.. well, until high school. The bible was written by men, so I have to question it.

4) Were you born knowing how to speak english? Many things are passed down by knowledge, not genetics, language being one of them. Take an american baby and put them in China with chinese parents and they will have no problem learning Chinese. Monkeys lack a certain region of the brain that allows for spoken language but we can still teach them sign language; they are still very smart. If you think about it, we can "speak" to a lot of different animals when we train them.

One important thing to remember is that Evolution does not equal atheism. It just means that certain interpretations of the bible cannot be taken literally. It is OK to question things.

12. coolstylinstud

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    1.Because we supposibly evolved from monkeys so our kids would have to evolve

Yes it was just a rumor it just shows some people will do anything to get people away from god

1.First off im not a kid im a teenager just like you and second off it seems stupid not wierd that people are questioning the bible and third the bible was written by man inspired by god

13. alerj123

alerj123 Regular Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    Individuals don't evolve, populations do. Im not sure im understanding you, do you think that the theroy of evolution is that people are born monkeys then change to humans?

14. coolstylinstud

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    That is what evolution is

15. mattjay

mattjay New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Atheist

It only seems normal that something that claims something SO extraordinary should be heavily scrutinized and questioned .

16. Aron-Ra

Aron-Ra Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Atheist
    They are. Humans are a subset of Old World monkeys, infraorder Catarrhini. You can't define monkeys by all the characters shared by all of them without describing humans too.
    Because he didn't say that. Even if he did, many of his theories have since been proven right.
    I don't believe anything in any book that talks about magic spells and talking animals.
    We do. It just depends which kind of monkey you're talking about.
    There are hundreds of species of monkey. They fall into two subsets, Old World and New World. Apes are a subset of Old World monkeys. Hominines, (upright walkers) are a subset of the Great Apes, and humans are a subset of Hominini. Hence humans are apes and apes are monkeys. Humans are monkeys.

17. coolstylinstud

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    No it shouldnt be heavly scrutinized because god did it and god can do anyhting

18. Late_Cretaceous

Late_Cretaceous <font color="#880000" ></font&g

Faith:
    Catholic
    Oh no, another monkey hater

[​IMG]

19. alerj123

alerj123 Regular Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    Im sorry, but thats not what evolution is, you realy need to learn what evolution entials before rejecting it.

20. coolstylinstud

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    Then tell me what evolution is