Shalom
Aug 18, 2015
Nairobi
✟9,980.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
According to science the sun should be in its mid-life meaning before it dies it will be a billion years from now.

Also, it might take thousands of years before any hailstone weighs 18 pounds.

So Who knows the accelerators to such? What would accelerate the sun's death? What would accelerate gigantic hailstones? So far, it's like a discussion but can become a debate on the validity of end times!!!

<<<<<<<edited>>>>>>>>

What if Revelations speaks of "How" the World will end not "When" everything will, Revelations speaks of how "Earth will End." So if it's consistent with science then Revelations is the MOST AUTHORITATIVE BOOK since the Beginning of Time!!! There's no way, scientists could have existed during those times and explained how the Earth would Cease to exist to such a sound Precision!!!

Evidence:

Revelations 8: 7-8, "The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down on the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up. 8The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood."

As the sun starts dying out it will increase its luminosity meaning more heat and more fires. In the long run, the effects of a weakening earth due to the dying sun there will be less oxygen and more carbon dioxide causing the color-red causing bacteria more prominent in water bodies.

Revelations 8:10, "The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11the name of the star is Wormwood.a A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter."

There's a likelihood that sulphate levels in water may increase making the waters to be bitter and unfit for human consumption.

Revelations 8:12, "The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night."

I'm thinking of a galactic solar storm dust or something big enough to block any light from the moon, stars and the sun.

Revelations 16: 1- 10,

They all seem like radiation effects from a bursting sun.

Revelations 16: 16-21

Sounds like the catastrophic effects of adverse climatic changes or rather the brink of human extinction prior to the coming of Christ.

Please help instead of criticizing....

That's all!!!

o_O

Last edited:

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Accelerating the suns death? Maybe the onluy option wold be to travel really fast in a spece ship for a half billion years, and then head back. In ship time only so many years would pass, and for the sun, billions would have passed (if i have relativity right).

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟924,597.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I don't understand the connection between the sun in a billion years, 18 pound hailstones and the end times? Can you please explain?

In addition astrophysicists mostly put the Sun's death at around 5 billion years from now. (The Earth will be a charred lump before that, though.)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't understand the connection between the sun in a billion years, 18 pound hailstones and the end times? Can you please explain?
The book of Revelation?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
According to science the sun should be in its mid-life meaning before it dies it will be a billion years from now.

So Who knows the accelerators to such? What would accelerate the sun's death? What would accelerate gigantic hailstones? So far, it's like a discussion but can become a debate on the validity of end times!!!

<<<<<<<edited>>>>>>>>

What if Revelations speaks of "How" the World will end not "When" everything will, Revelations speaks of how "Earth will End." So if it's consistent with science then Revelations is the MOST AUTHORITATIVE BOOK since the Beginning of Time!!! There's no way, scientists could have existed during those times and explained how the Earth would Cease to exist to such a sound Precision!!!

Evidence: Revelations 8 (The Trumpets)
Revelations 16 (The Seven Bowls)

That's all!!!

o_O
Not enough exclamation marks, not convinced.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

<<<<<<<edited>>>>>>>>

That's all!!!

o_O

In addition astrophysicists mostly put the Sun's death at around 5 billion years from now. (The Earth will be a charred lump before that, though.)
I believe there are some Christians that view that as symbolism relating to the ad 70 destruction of Jerusalem [I am starting to come to that view myself]

http://www.christianforums.com/t7354592/#post58827770
Reve 16 and Great Hail question

Reve 16:21 And great Hail as a talent-weight is descending out of the Heaven upon the men.
And the men blaspheme the God out of the blow of the Hail, that great is the blow of it, tremendous.

The Babylon of Revelation is Referring to Jerusalem

5 - Great hail weighing one talent is said to fall upon men there (Revelation 16:21).
Josephus tells of the Roman catapults being used to cast whitewashed boulders over the walls of Jerusalem and they each weighed one talent.

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

"I consider the Prophecy relative to the destruction of the Jewish nation, if there were nothing else to support Christianity, as absolutely irresistible."
(Mr. Erskine's Speech, at the Trial of Williams, for publishing Paine's Age of Reason)

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover; and it is deserving of the very particular attention of the reader, that this was the anniversary of that memorable period in which the Jews crucified their Messiah! At this season multitudes came up from all the surrounding country, and from distant parts, to keep the festival................

As a consequence, the legions were able to build their redoubts almost without any trouble; soon, their catapults started to throw heavy stones into the city. Under cover of this artillery fire, the Roman soldiers could start to bash the northern wall with their battering-rams...........................

THE SYMBOLISM IN BOOK OF REVELATION

One man studied and found 348 allusions (not illusions, Light) in Revelation from the Old Testament. You see the similarity in wording and the context mirrored in Revelation and the particular Old Testament story, and immediately can recognize the reference source!
That is IF you know the bible well enough to even notice that.

95 of the 348 plain references used in Revelation as taken from the Old Testament are repeated in Revelation.
That makes about 250 Old Testament passages are cited. How many chapters are in Revelation? 22. That makes about TEN OLD TESTAMENT REFERENCES FOR EVERY CHAPTER!........................

Last edited:
Reactions: LLoJ
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

<<<<<<<edited>>>>>>>>

That's all!!!

o_O

Yes, if we ignore reality and imagine that the bible is correct, then the bible is correct.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
95 of the 348 plain references used in Revelation as taken from the Old Testament are repeated in Revelation.
That makes about 250 Old Testament passages are cited. How many chapters are in Revelation? 22. That makes about TEN OLD TESTAMENT REFERENCES FOR EVERY CHAPTER!........................
It's almost as if the author of revelation had read the old testament, right? Fascinating stuff.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
LittleLambofJesus said:
It's almost as if the author of revelation had read the old testament, right? Fascinating stuff.
I would have to say yes, very much so.
I actually created a thread on that topic, if you and others are interested:

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/allusions-in-revelation-from-old-testament.7588850/
Allusions in Revelation from Old Testament

Gen 2:9
And out of the ground the LORD God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food.
The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Rev 2:7
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.” '

Reactions: LLoJ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I would have to say yes, very much so.
I actually created a thread on that topic, if you and others are interested:

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/allusions-in-revelation-from-old-testament.7588850/
Allusions in Revelation from Old Testament

And out of the ground the LORD God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food.
The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.” '

I'm no christian, and I will only say as much: when revelations was written, the old testament had been around for centuries.

Perhaps John just read it?

Just an idea.

Upvote 0

Linet Kihonge

Shalom
Aug 18, 2015
Nairobi
✟9,980.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Now now, are you saying Revelations has no part or play in the current times? The copy-pasting of ideas from Old-Testament would mean God was just repeating himself. On the other hand, if it's about the destruction of Jerusalem, then the current Jerusalem must have been rebuilt by the LORD himself.

Unless you are referring to a spiritual Jerusalem. If I read the news correctly, the current Jerusalem is nowhere close to being a safe haven... if anything it's constantly being fought between Islam followers and Christians.

I'm also having a difficult time believing that God would write and insist on revelations being written if it would have no consequence to believers to date.

Okay, let me run with your ideas for a while. Most of the Revelations has come to pass, Jerusalem was destroyed. Jesus has already come for his elect and we are waiting for is the 1,000 years to come to pass so that we can join in him heaven. You could be saying the first resurrection has come to pass and in fact, the Lord is having a great time with his saints. So far, the 24 elders are with him in his throne.

The only concern I'm having right now... is who's been resurrected? If the Lord will raise his elect as he himself rose from the dead then that would mean there should be empty tombs and coffins... just as his tomb was empty. (unless it's spiritual AGAIN!)

I'm saddened that Revelations is assumed to be an apocalyptic book meant for the 1st Century A.D. yet we are still seeing damn bloody rivers and moons. (Literally)

Sorry to say, Heaven and earth will pass away literally because nothing is here Forever. Universe may not hold human kind forever.

I know what it is like to see things and they come to pass! My God hasn't been symbolic for a WHILE!!!

Revelations is another book saying, "Everything shall be destroyed and New heaven and earth will be"

Upvote 0

Linet Kihonge

Shalom
Aug 18, 2015
Nairobi
✟9,980.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Isaiah 53:5, "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

1 Peter 2:24, "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Scripture was LITERAL!!!

:cool:

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The only concern I'm having right now... is who's been resurrected? If the Lord will raise his elect as he himself rose from the dead then that would mean there should be empty tombs and coffins... just as his tomb was empty. (unless it's spiritual AGAIN!)

Many of the elect did not receive proper burial. They were often branded as "heretics of the extreme" and refused burial.

Without proper burial, their souls were received by the Earth and since we are mining the Earth for our technology, they are being returned as part of technology. They would be most prominent in Information Technology, automation, robotics, AI, etc.

As non-biological forms, the elements, could no longer harm them as promised by God.

They are the "flood" the Bible is speaking off. The flood which will take the foolish man away. And by this "flood", they will judge the Earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums