tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know what would have prevented this happening?

Him not leaving the hospital against medical advice? the police having some better training in recognizing the difference between what medical distress looks like as opposed to drugs/belligerence? Maybe having someone on hand who could deal with medical emergencies assigned to the front lobby at these types of buildings where citizens interact with the police? maybe some training in not seeing every situation as a nail needing a hammer to fix it? Those are what comes to mind right off the top of my head. :scratch:
tulc(thinks this would be a great time to drink some coffee) :coffee:

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Him not leaving the hospital against medical advice? the police having some better training in reconzing the difference between what medical distress looks like as opposed to drugs/belligerence? Maybe having someone on hand who could deal with medical emergencies assigned to the front lobby at these types of buildings where citizens interact with the police? maybe some training in not seeing every situation as a nail needing a hammer to fix it? Those are what comes to mind right off the top of my head. :)
tulc(thinks this would be a great time to drink some coffee) :coffee:
Um, well I was gunna say "more guns", but now I feel bad.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Um, well I was gunna say "more guns", but now I feel bad.

Ahhh! the NRA solution! As an American I should have thought of that first! :sorry:
tulc(appreciates your pointing out something he overlooked!) :oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The video and the article don't reveal to much. We don't know what was said, and the way those people ran away from him? Not sure what to think.

Hard to tell with the angle...but it doesn't look like the police did anything wrong. The hold that was used which is in question is a standard handcuffing hold (meaning police are trained to use it) where the knee is placed on the head. It's very uncomfortable, somewhat painful, but I've never heard of it being fatal. It's designed to illicit compliance from a non-compliant subject. Of course, it's possible that it could've been applied incorrectly and the officer place his knee on the man's neck...but I suppose we won't know what happened until the medical examiner's report and autopsy comes back.

I see that didn't stop the media from speculating that the police killed him. Of course, that's not a big deal though...I'm sure if they're wrong they'll be sure to print a full retraction and apologize to the officer they accused.

I'm curious as to what he said upon entry to make so many people get up in a hurry. Asking for help doesn't typically get that kind of reaction. Whatever he said, I'd like to know it for the next time I'm at the dmv.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
After giving it a little thought....my best guess is that he was having a drug related stroke/aneurysm/embolism or something similar. He checked into a hospital...then left against advisement. The reaction of the bench warmers is that of people who heard something really crazy. The limp can indicate loss of some motor function.

Someone high on meth or crack long enough can have vivid and wild hallucinations. Those kinds of drugs can also induce a stroke or similar medical issue. The lucid part of his brain probably realized he was having a medical issue. The non-lucid part probably caused him to think he was in some sort of danger that wasn't real.

It's just a guess, but so far it fits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
After giving it a little thought....my best guess is that he was having a drug related stroke/aneurysm/embolism or something similar. He checked into a hospital...then left against advisement. The reaction of the bench warmers is that of people who heard something really crazy. The limp can indicate loss of some motor function.

Someone high on meth or crack long enough can have vivid and wild hallucinations. Those kinds of drugs can also induce a stroke or similar medical issue. The lucid part of his brain probably realized he was having a medical issue. The non-lucid part probably caused him to think he was in some sort of danger that wasn't real.

It's just a guess, but so far it fits.

Whatever his issue was, it was likely impacting his brain function, because he was moving around in a very erratic manner. If it was a heart condition, he would not have been able to do so.

Drugs are a realistic possibility, which we will soon find out, when the results of the autopsy and hospital records are made public, along with testimony from the witnesses, on his behavior.

Upvote 0

whois

rational
Mar 7, 2015
✟3,336.00
Faith
Non-Denom
unfortunately there is no sound, so you really do not know anything except what you see.
you can dream up almost any scenario.
the most telling aspects are the following 3 facts:
1. the people present got up and vacated the lobby.
2. the police initially just followed him around.
3. immediately prior to this incident, the victim left the hospital against professional advice.

IMO, the victim was most likely ranting like a madman on steroids.

personally, i would like to know why he was in the hospital in the first place.

of course, having sound in the video would most likely put all of this into immediate perspective.

Upvote 0

gpldisciple

Disciple
Sep 2, 2014
Chico, CA USA
✟740.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Ahhh! the NRA solution! As an American I should have thought of that first! :sorry:
tulc(appreciates your pointing out something he overlooked!) :oldthumbsup:
Sticking with facts we can see that localities that allow open and concealed carry, those places where more citizens are armed, do have lower crime rates.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sticking with facts we can see that localities that allow open and concealed carry, those places where more citizens are armed, do have lower crime rates.

Not what this thread is about you but could start one about it if it interests you. :wave:
tulc(just a thought) :)

Upvote 0