Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In the past month, Fish And Bread, Miss Shelby, Geocajun and Cosmic Charlie have been banned from OBOB.

You don't think that sucks just a bit, Benny?

I do. They're 4 of my favorite people, and each of them brought a unique perspective to the forum that I've really enjoyed and learned a lot from. None of those 4 are drones, they're all really interesting people with interesting ideas and struggles.

Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ah ha... so that's why he didn't post in the math question thread.

Look, i like reading his posts(usually) too. And geo, and shelb, and so on... and it does suck to see people such as these get banned or whatever.... but, you gotta "play by the rules". And if you don't, expect to face the consequences. If that means a temporary ban - so be it. But the rules are there for everyone to see and follow. When I post something I know is breaking rules, and I have, I expect to be reprimanded, and I accept that.

All I'm sayin is if you break the rules expect to pay the consequences. And move on. If you don't want to pay the consequences then don't break the rules.

...and I would bet my left arm that charlie knew exactly what was "coming down the pipe" for whatever he did and was willing to face it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Ah ha... so that's why he didn't post in the math question thread.

Look, i like reading his posts(usually) too. And geo, and shelb, and so on... and it does suck to see people such as these get banned or whatever.... but, you gotta "play by the rules". And if you don't, expect to face the consequences. If that means a temporary ban - so be it. But the rules are there for everyone to see and follow. When I post something I know is breaking rules, and I have, I expect to be reprimanded, and I accept that.

All I'm sayin is if you break the rules expect to pay the consequences. And move on. If you don't want to pay the consequences then don't break the rules.

...and I would bet my left arm that charlie knew exactly what was "coming down the pipe" for whatever he did and was willing to face it.

Look, I know for a fact why Cos was banned and I can tell you right now that it's ridiculous.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Look, I know for a fact why Cos was banned and I can tell you right now that it's ridiculous.

I'll do it.

Charlie was banned for calling Jacjk the Catholic a coward for giving him harassing negative rep instead of debating him in the public thread.

I got a post removed for telling Jack "don't be a coward". Apparently, Jack is very sensitive to being called out for his cowardice, or some mod thinks that instructing people not to be something they shouldn't be is a bad thing.

It's funny - if I would have said "don't be an abortionist" to an abortionist, it would have been okay, even though being an abortionist is way worse morally than being a coward.

I think the way around this is to post like you talk to the police - you don't say "You're a b----", you say, "you are acting like such a b----" when they're shoving you in the car.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'll do it.

Charlie was banned for calling Jacjk the Catholic a coward for giving him harassing negative rep instead of debating him in the public thread.

I got a post removed for telling Jack "don't be a coward". Apparently, Jack is very sensitive to being called out for his cowardice, or some mod thinks that instructing people not to be something they shouldn't be is a bad thing.

It's funny - if I would have said "don't be an abortionist" to an abortionist, it would have been okay, even though being an abortionist is way worse morally than being a coward.

I think the way around this is to post like you talk to the police - you don't say "You're a b----", you say, "you are acting like such a b----" when they're shoving you in the car.

Unless Charlie tells me specifically I can not discuss it. But I can say that no...that was not the reason. If people think one post caused this then I don't even know where to start.

I am the one who wrote the ban on behalf of the admins. I asked to be the one to write it because I wanted to be straight up with it. And I can tell you that was not the reason.

Now I have to close this because it will cross into talking about mod actions. It is already skirting that, if not doing it.

If it is left open more people will be reported...there will be violations and more people will get banned. I will have to enforce the rules and both ends will tell me I play favorites.

I like Charlie...I like him a lot. This was not easy. But it was what the rules demanded.

I like everyone here and this stuff is not easy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Charlie has given me permission to talk about his ban.

It is a 14 day ban from OBOB.

It is a result of multiple posts. There were 5 out-standing reports at the time the FSB was issued. There was also the consideration of his sock account's violations and a recently banned third sock.

All of this together resulted in a 2 week Forum Specific Ban.

For those curious, that is the situation. Barring any complications Charlie will be back in OBOB if he chooses on 10/14.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.