Discussion Corruption does not stop when it reaches a goal..

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Corruption does not stop when it reaches a goal..because its goal is corruption it can only cease when there is nothing left to destroy.

this whole insidious equal marriage rights gaining a right that has never ever existed will only lead to more corruption more sorrows and more misery .

whats next .. two gay men cannot produce off spring they will demand the right to have off spring
will children then become a commodity to be bought and sold on the world market ?
its already that way to a small extent ,it can only increase and the innocent will suffer all the more .Nothing the devil does is for anything but to kill steal and destroy

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,907.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Corruption does not stop when it reaches a goal..because its goal is corruption it can only cease when there is nothing left to destroy.

this whole insidious equal marriage rights gaining a right that has never ever existed will only lead to more corruption more sorrows and more misery .

whats next .. two gay men cannot produce off spring they will demand the right to have off spring
will children then become a commodity to be bought and sold on the world market ?
its already that way to a small extent ,it can only increase and the innocent will suffer all the more .Nothing the devil does is for anything but to kill steal and destroy

This form of thinking about the issue is inconsistent with the way God thinks about it. God is not judging these people at all. We are living in God's day of grace. The Day of Judgment has yet to come, and this is the day that God has reserved to judge the world. We are not to set ourselves up as gods to judge the world and its issues before the time.

If these people are not converted to Christ, they belong to the devil's kingdom anyway. We are not here to try and reform the world and its issues. That is not the Great Commission. We as believers are required to go into all the world and make disciples for Christ.

What God wants to do to these people is to work in them through the Holy Spirit to make up what is lacking in their experience of Him. If they are unconverted, the Holy Spirit works to draw them to Christ, because that is the starting point of making up that lack in their experience of God.

The way He goes about it is not to rail against them because of their faults, but to show God's amazing and brilliant goodness to them. He wants them to know that God is the kindest Person they will ever meet. It is by loving, not judging them that will draw them to Christ. Posts like the OP will drive them away from God and therefore that type of dealing with any sinner, homosexual, immoral, violent, terrorist, is to show the love, patience, goodness and kindness of God. The Scripture says that it is the goodness of God that leads sinners to repentance. It is not because the sinner is any good, or deserves it in any way, but that God is good.

I think that many religious folks need further insight in the nature and character of God if they are to win sinners of this type to Christ.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This form of thinking about the issue is inconsistent with the way God thinks about it. God is not judging these people at all. We are living in God's day of grace. The Day of Judgment has yet to come, and this is the day that God has reserved to judge the world. We are not to set ourselves up as gods to judge the world and its issues before the time.

If these people are not converted to Christ, they belong to the devil's kingdom anyway. We are not here to try and reform the world and its issues. That is not the Great Commission. We as believers are required to go into all the world and make disciples for Christ.

What God wants to do to these people is to work in them through the Holy Spirit to make up what is lacking in their experience of Him. If they are unconverted, the Holy Spirit works to draw them to Christ, because that is the starting point of making up that lack in their experience of God.

The way He goes about it is not to rail against them because of their faults, but to show God's amazing and brilliant goodness to them. He wants them to know that God is the kindest Person they will ever meet. It is by loving, not judging them that will draw them to Christ. Posts like the OP will drive them away from God and therefore that type of dealing with any sinner, homosexual, immoral, violent, terrorist, is to show the love, patience, goodness and kindness of God. The Scripture says that it is the goodness of God that leads sinners to repentance. It is not because the sinner is any good, or deserves it in any way, but that God is good.

I think that many religious folks need further insight in the nature and character of God if they are to win sinners of this type to Christ.
Sorry oscar..not sure where your coming from.i never mentioned judgment.
I was just reflecting that evil in any of its forms leads only to more evil. The point being that it wont stop now its reached a milestone so to speak.the spirit of this world will continue to work in the children of disobedience to destroy more lives and harm more,steal more.kill more.
If i was to bring Gods judgment into the topic it would ,to me,be viewed as what is is..the great day of deliverence .

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God has already judged.

18 Those who believe in him are not condemned; but those who do not believe are condemned already, because they have not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 19 And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and people loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil. 20 For all who do evil hate the light and do not come to the light, so that their deeds may not be exposed. 21 But those who do what is true come to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that their deeds have been done in God.”

the world will become darker.

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
this whole insidious equal marriage rights gaining a right
They didn't gain a right, just approval. Only God grants rights, government can only approve (make it legal in a civil law sense) or disapprove (make illegal). Laws are not morals.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,907.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry oscar..not sure where your coming from.i never mentioned judgment.
I was just reflecting that evil in any of its forms leads only to more evil. The point being that it wont stop now its reached a milestone so to speak.the spirit of this world will continue to work in the children of disobedience to destroy more lives and harm more,steal more.kill more.
If i was to bring Gods judgment into the topic it would ,to me,be viewed as what is is..the great day of deliverence .

The world in which Paul the apostle ministered was a terrible place with paganism, oppressive government, widespread persecution of Christians, homosexuality as part of the culture, yet we don't see Paul mentioning any of those things except for believers to develop the fruit of the Spirit and keep away from the deeds of the flesh (Galatians 5). The world has always been what it is, but the Jesus said, "Fear not, for I have overcome the world." And Paul: "This is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith." So, we cannot make disciples for Christ by railing against the evils of the world, but by presenting the gospel which shows the goodness and kindness of God which leads people to repentance.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,907.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The law of God is perfect, converting the soul.

The law of God is the schoolmaster to lead one to Christ.

It is God's goodness that He doesn't judge sin now, but God is not happy with the sinner.

Remember that Paul is using this image of the schoolmaster to show how unbelievers know that they are sinners through the Law and that this leads them to Christ to become converted. Once they are converted, the function of the schoolmaster ceases. The schoolmaster function is not for converted believers. We are no longer subject to the Law in any form and for any function. Paul described those who tried to apply the Law to the gentile believers as false apostles who were robbing them of their liberty in Christ.

God not being happy with the sinner is an Old Covenant concept. All God's anger and indignation against sin was all poured out on Christ. Now all that God has for the sinner is love, patience, kindness and gentleness. This is the way we present the gospel to the sinner because this draws them to Christ far more readily than belting them over the head with their sins.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They didn't gain a right, just approval. Only God grants rights, government can only approve (make it legal in a civil law sense) or disapprove (make illegal). Laws are not morals.
yeah well there is that but they wont see it that way of course .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The world in which Paul the apostle ministered was a terrible place with paganism, oppressive government, widespread persecution of Christians, homosexuality as part of the culture, yet we don't see Paul mentioning any of those things except for believers to develop the fruit of the Spirit and keep away from the deeds of the flesh (Galatians 5). The world has always been what it is, but the Jesus said, "Fear not, for I have overcome the world." And Paul: "This is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith." So, we cannot make disciples for Christ by railing against the evils of the world, but by presenting the gospel which shows the goodness and kindness of God which leads people to repentance.
again.. no intent here to rail against any one.. just making the observation that evil begets evil and wont stop doing so .
ours is not to judge the lost but to love them with a love that will preach the good news in word and action no matter what .. for a man or woman no matter how much he hates me for this god news of life in the lord JEsus ..will perish in a manner i cannot ever desire for even the worst of sinners it is too horrific and end for any son of man .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Remember that Paul is using this image of the schoolmaster to show how unbelievers know that they are sinners through the Law and that this leads them to Christ to become converted. Once they are converted, the function of the schoolmaster ceases. The schoolmaster function is not for converted believers. We are no longer subject to the Law in any form and for any function. Paul described those who tried to apply the Law to the gentile believers as false apostles who were robbing them of their liberty in Christ.

God not being happy with the sinner is an Old Covenant concept. All God's anger and indignation against sin was all poured out on Christ. Now all that God has for the sinner is love, patience, kindness and gentleness. This is the way we present the gospel to the sinner because this draws them to Christ far more readily than belting them over the head with their sins.

Oh I thought that God has wrath for the unbeliever. Have to go with Jesus on this one. This gospel you preach reminds me of what I heard in a class: if you want to get rid of all crime legalize everything. In Christianese, this is lawlessness masked as grace and love. Sorry, God is the same God and God has judged sin. Those without Christ are guilty, and God will pour out wrath.

And Jesus preached the message of the kingdom, and it wasn't "I love you" it was "Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Yup, still will follow Jesus on this one.

And the idea that God just smiles down upon the rapist, or the murderer and wants them to be happy is a gospel I just don't see.

The biblical way to express God’s love to a sinner is to show him how great his sin is (using the Law—see Romans 7:13; Galatians 3:24), and then give him the incredible grace of God in Christ. This was the key to reaching so many on the Day of Pentecost. They were "devout" Jews who knew the Law and its holy demands, and therefore readily accepted the mercy of God in Christ to escape its fearful wrath. When you use the Law to show the world their true state, get ready for sinners to thank you. For the first time in their lives, they will see the Christian message as an expression of love and concern for their eternal welfare, rather than of merely proselytizing for a better lifestyle while on this earth.

The forgiveness that is in Jesus Christ is conditional upon "repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ" (Acts 20:21). It is a gift that God offers to everyone, but individuals must receive it by repenting and trusting in Christ, or they will remain dead in their sins. No one has biblical grounds to continue in sin, assuming that they are safe just because Jesus died on the cross.

Charles Finney stated, "God is not angry merely against the sin abstracted from the sinner, but against the sinner himself. Some persons have labored hard to set up this ridiculous and absurd abstraction, and would fain make it appear that God is angry at sin, yet not at the sinner. He hates the theft, but loves the thief. He abhors adultery, but is pleased with the adulterer. Now this is supreme nonsense. The sin has no moral character apart from the sinner. The act is nothing apart from the actor. The very thing that God hates and disapproves is not the mere event—the thing done in distinction from the doer; but it is the doer himself. It grieves and displeases Him that a rational moral agent, under His government, should array himself against his own God and Father, against all that is right and just in the universe. This is the thing that offends God. The sinner himself is the direct and the only object of his anger."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
again.. no intent here to rail against any one.. just making the observation that evil begets evil and wont stop doing so .
ours is not to judge the lost but to love them with a love that will preach the good news in word and action no matter what .. for a man or woman no matter how much he hates me for this god news of life in the lord JEsus ..will perish in a manner i cannot ever desire for even the worst of sinners it is too horrific and end for any son of man .

Judge not lest you be judged. The world often takes this verse out of context and uses it to accuse Christians of being "judgmental" when they speak of sin. In the context of the verse Jesus is telling His disciples not to judge one another, something the Bible condemns (Romans 14:10; James 4:11). In Luke 6:41,42 He speaks of seeing a speck in a brother’s eye. In John 7:24 He said, "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." If someone steals, lies, commits adultery or murder, etc., the Christian can make a (righteous) moral judgment and say that the actions were morally wrong, and that these sins will have eternal consequences. Chuck Colson said, "True tolerance is not a total lack of judgment. It’s knowing what should be tolerated—and refusing to tolerate that which shouldn’t."

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I get what you saying there but no amount of either tolerance nor intolerance will sway the soul to turn to the lord Jesus and be saved ..
it is why we must PRAY that they be saved as it is truly god who saves .

we must balance all our intellectual reasoning against LOVE which seek always and only the absolute eternal best for all others ,to see it realized in their life .
we must always remember that the lord loved us ,not once we were saved but while we were just such as these ..we were in sin..married to sin a slave of sin ,when christ laid down his life for us ...

of course this does not change the other topic of the thread that observes that evil does not reach a benchmark and then cease it onslaught with its insatiable insane drive to destroy lives eternally

Reactions: jiminpa
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,907.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Oh I thought that God has wrath for the unbeliever. Have to go with Jesus on this one. This gospel you preach reminds me of what I heard in a class: if you want to get rid of all crime legalize everything. In Christianese, this is lawlessness masked as grace and love. Sorry, God is the same God and God has judged sin. Those without Christ are guilty, and God will pour out wrath.

So when do you think that will happen? Not in this life, because God has poured out all His wrath and indignation on Jesus so there is none left. The way that God deals with the unbeliever in this life is with goodness, patience, kindness and gentleness. When the Day of Judgment comes, unbelievers will be judged according to their attitude to Christ. Then they will endure for the rest of eternity the continuing wrath of God.

If you think that God has wrath right now for the unbeliever, you are believing that Jesus did not pay the full price for sin, and that He was not punished enough, and that God still has anger over sin. If God still has anger, then none of us could be saved. You were an unbeliever once. If you believe that God has wrath in this life for unbelievers, how could you have been saved? It is the goodness and kindness of God that leads people to repentance.

And Jesus preached the message of the kingdom, and it wasn't "I love you" it was "Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Yup, still will follow Jesus on this one.

Jesus preached this to unconverted Jews. You will not see anything like that in the Book of Acts or any of the Epistles. You are following Jesus as He was in the flesh, but the Scripture says that in the New Covenant, we no longer know Jesus in the flesh. Jesus loves unbelievers as much as He loves you and me. He says to unbelievers, "Come let us reason together; though your sins be as scarlet they will be as white as snow." The way that God draws sinners to Christ are through love, peace, joy, patience, goodness, kindness and gentleness.

And the idea that God just smiles down upon the rapist, or the murderer and wants them to be happy is a gospel I just don't see.

Sin is sin with God. He doesn't distinguish between small or great sins as we do. He laid it all on Jesus and poured out His wrath on Him and punished Him to the max. God is not judging any of these people. He is working through the Holy Spirit to draw them to Christ. God has saved many rapists and murderers and made them into totally new creations. Paul the apostle was a murderer and he was worse; he murdered Christians. Jesus told him that he was persecuting Him. Yet Jesus saved him and gave him the greatest ministry anyone has and will ever have for the Lord. Think about that. Jesus saved a murderer and caused him to write a large section of our New Testament. Who do you think God is? A grumpy fellow in the air with a big stick ready to belt sinners on the head? Or is He a loving, kind and gentle God who is not willing that any should perish but at all, including rapists and murderers, come to repentance?

The biblical way to express God’s love to a sinner is to show him how great his sin is (using the Law—see Romans 7:13; Galatians 3:24), and then give him the incredible grace of God in Christ. This was the key to reaching so many on the Day of Pentecost. They were "devout" Jews who knew the Law and its holy demands, and therefore readily accepted the mercy of God in Christ to escape its fearful wrath. When you use the Law to show the world their true state, get ready for sinners to thank you. For the first time in their lives, they will see the Christian message as an expression of love and concern for their eternal welfare, rather than of merely proselytizing for a better lifestyle while on this earth.

How many have you won to Christ using that method? How many came to Christ in the Book of Acts using the method you describe? Thousands of people came to Christ because of the healing of the Lame man in Acts 3. Do you think that the love and goodness of God in healing sick folks were more convincing factors to draw people to Christ? Do you think that belting people over the head with their sins will convince them? When the Holy Spirit convicted you of sin, did He belt you over the head, or did He draw you with love, goodness, kindness and gentleness?

The forgiveness that is in Jesus Christ is conditional upon "repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ" (Acts 20:21). It is a gift that God offers to everyone, but individuals must receive it by repenting and trusting in Christ, or they will remain dead in their sins. No one has biblical grounds to continue in sin, assuming that they are safe just because Jesus died on the cross.

Not quite true. We are justified by faith and not by works. If a person is saved by repenting and having faith, then that is salvation by works and not by faith. We come to Christ by acknowledging that we are sinners with no hope of doing anything to save ourselves. Next we acknowledge that Jesus died for us on the cross. Then we receive Him as our Saviour and Lord. The moment we do that we are justified and saved. This happens before we do anything, because salvation is by faith alone. If you are saying that salvation depends on us doing something, then you are right back in RCC theology. That's what they believe. They believe that salvation involves faith and personal reformation of life.

Repentance is a total change of attitude toward God and Christ. It results in a change of direction in the way we live our lives. This happens as the result of Conversion. It does not cause conversion. As soon as a person accepts Christ by faith alone, they are no longer dead in their sins. They are made alive in Christ as a new creation. That new creation is sin-free. As we grow in grace and faith, we find that the sinful nature has less and less influence over us. But from the instant of conversion, sin no longer has dominion over us. A truly converted person will not continue in sin, because he is clothed with the righteousness of Christ.

Charles Finney stated, "God is not angry merely against the sin abstracted from the sinner, but against the sinner himself. Some persons have labored hard to set up this ridiculous and absurd abstraction, and would fain make it appear that God is angry at sin, yet not at the sinner. He hates the theft, but loves the thief. He abhors adultery, but is pleased with the adulterer. Now this is supreme nonsense. The sin has no moral character apart from the sinner. The act is nothing apart from the actor. The very thing that God hates and disapproves is not the mere event—the thing done in distinction from the doer; but it is the doer himself. It grieves and displeases Him that a rational moral agent, under His government, should array himself against his own God and Father, against all that is right and just in the universe. This is the thing that offends God. The sinner himself is the direct and the only object of his anger."

In the period of time when Finney wrote this, the Presbyterian Church of which he belonged was very sin-conscious and judgmental toward unbelievers. Since then, there have been advancements in the knowledge of God, of His goodness, patience and kindness. It is true that God hates sin. that is why He sent His son to die and to take our sin upon Himself. God poured out all His anger and indignation on Christ. Christ suffered more on the cross than we have been led to believe. His suffering was indescribable, hell on earth, and then down in hell itself. He continued to suffer torment until every last drop of anger had been poured out on Him. This then made it possible for John 3:16 to be true, that God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, that through Him the world might be saved. Even when we were yet sinners, Jesus loved us and gave Himself for us. That is God's attitude toward the unbeliever. And while it is the time of grace until Jesus comes again, that is the way it will continue to be. But on the Day of Judgment if unbelievers refuse Christ, then their sins return from Christ back onto their own heads, and they then suffer the terrible wrath of God that Jesus experienced while dying on the cross for us.

Upvote 0