Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i can relate...i used to work overnights, and my sleep pattern was interrupted (my circadian rhythm was thrown off) ....it's sooooo difficult to sleep during the day when the rest of the world is awake and bustling around, and the sun is shining all bright and sunny.

if one must work nights it's perhaps a good idea to invest in room darkening shades/blinds, and claim a "sleeping room" that is quiet, away from the hub bub of the household, that can be associated with "winding down" and "sleeping".

In the meantime, have as many pray for you as possible.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
i can relate...i used to work overnights, and my sleep pattern was interrupted (my circadian rhythm was thrown off) ....it's sooooo difficult to sleep during the day when the rest of the world is awake and bustling around, and the sun is shining all bright and sunny.

if one must work nights it's perhaps a good idea to invest in room darkening shades/blinds, and claim a "sleeping room" that is quiet, away from the hub bub of the household, that can be associated with "winding down" and "sleeping".

In the meantime, have as many pray for you as possible.
I worked nights for 10 years and like you 'brinny' had to make sure I got decent sleep during the day. On days where there were lots of other responsibilities,I had to do a lot to keep going,but as you say,prayer and fellowship is vital to maintain and press forward spiritually,as well as physically and mentally. Would be interested to hear how others do this. God bless!

Upvote 0