Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I probably could have been married by now if I wanted too.

My problem isn't really finding women (or even getting them to love me) but actually loving the women myself. Other than pain all romantic feeling are nonexistent.

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I probably could have been married by now if I wanted too.

My problem isn't really finding women (or even getting them to love me) but actually loving the women myself. Other than pain all romantic feeling are nonexistent.

Pain ? Are you talking about BDSM ? or pain as in emotional pain.....

I suppose because I have the boys and been in a 1 serious and 1 very serious relationship, am not actually bothered if I never marry or not. I actually having my own space this is all mines, I like that don't have someone to worry about or consider either maybe that's a bit selfish but I think I given my all before all of me, I now have nothing left to give ?? Who knows maybe it will get better over time, I have had a few dates and stuff, things haven't worked out but I've not been that upset and now staying off the whole dating scene as I can't even be bothered with it.

Reactions: JaapAap
Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would have shrugged it off and said that's life a few years ago. Now I'm at the point where I'd do what I could to make myself someone who others want to be with. I can handle being alone, but I'd also love to try not being alone.

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's a very real possibility for me. I pray for the grace to live a single life well, and for God to take away the pain, the shame, etc. that I had been looking for a relationship to cure. And I remind myself that my situation may change, and I pray to handle that change well.

Upvote 0

JaapAap

Aug 16, 2015
Arnhem, Holland
✟1,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suppose because I have the boys and been in a 1 serious and 1 very serious relationship, am not actually bothered if I never marry or not. I actually having my own space this is all mines, I like that don't have someone to worry about or consider either maybe that's a bit selfish but I think I given my all before all of me, I now have nothing left to give ?? Who knows maybe it will get better over time, I have had a few dates and stuff, things haven't worked out but I've not been that upset and now staying off the whole dating scene as I can't even be bothered with it.
Yes I feel exactly like that. Like you've given it all, there's no more left and I love that I can just do what I want. If I read those stepparent stories I'm like: Yeehaw! Glad I'm free!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pain ? Are you talking about BDSM ? or pain as in emotional pain.....

I can only feel romantic attraction when a girl is in pain/suffering.

I've known this ever since I was around six. Growing up I tried desperately to feel love and develop crushes normally but it never worked. I'm pretty much hardwired this way.

Makes dating a little harder since my dating pool is much smaller. It really does kill me when a girl says she likes/loves me and I feel nothing.

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I can only feel romantic attraction when a girl is in pain/suffering.

I've known this ever since I was around six. Growing up I tried desperately to feel love and develop crushes normally but it never worked. I'm pretty much hardwired this way.

Makes dating a little harder since my dating pool is much smaller. It really does kill me when a girl says she likes/loves me and I feel nothing.
I don't know what to say mehguy. Obviously it's something psychological is going on its not like your asexual. Mmmm.... am sure a lot people are like this BTW their is no such thing as normal, I learnt that a long time ago.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know what to say mehguy. Obviously it's something psychological is going on its not like your asexual. Mmmm.... am sure a lot people are like this BTW their is no such thing as normal, I learnt that a long time ago.

Ah, I am sure 99% of people can link pain/suffering with romantic feelings. You have to look at it as a spectrum, sadly I am on the extreme end.

I mean I am fine with my feelings, but in the real world I'd be lying if I said it doesn't present me with many complications.

Funny considering my father said that he can easily develop normal crushes on girls, and said he'd constantly fall for girls when he was younger. It's like.. wow what a stark contrast between the both of us. Lol. When it comes to my mother, well I think I got the genetics from her side of the family, lol.

Just goes to show the diversity of the human experience. :)

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Ah, I am sure 99% of people can link pain/suffering with romantic feelings. You have to look at it as a spectrum, sadly I am on the extreme end.

I mean I am fine with my feelings, but in the real world I'd be lying if I said it doesn't present me with many complications.

Funny considering my father said that he can easily develop normal crushes on girls, and said he'd constantly fall for girls when he was younger. It's like.. wow what a stark contrast between the both of us. Lol. When it comes to my mother, well I think I got the genetics from her side of the family, lol.

Just goes to show the diversity of the human experience. :)
We aren't meant to be the same as our parents...gosh that would scare me..am nothing like mines at all.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The single forum is just for unmarrieds it doesnt mean 'loners'. But single people do prefer their quiet time...I cant imagine being coupled forever with someone else. Or i havent met anyone yet who I could stand being round ALL the time. Or vice versa.

I guess it depends on your perspective. Also the bible says unmarried women are happier.
If you think you not meant to be alone, well nobody is. Everyone needs someone to talk to. Marriage is commitment and a covenant though. If you intend to be married then prepare yourself to be the best husband or wife you can be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We aren't meant to be the same as our parents...gosh that would scare me..am nothing like mines at all.

You probably share a few traits with them, lol.

I don't really think I'm too much like my parents, but I do notice a few similarities. Nothing wrong with that, and I think I'll cherish them even more when they're gone. At least for an atheist, it would kind of feel like they were still around in some way. :)

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The single forum is just for unmarrieds it doesnt mean 'loners'. But single people do prefer their quiet time...I cant imagine being coupled forever with someone else. Or i havent met anyone yet who I could stand being round ALL the time. Or vice versa.

I guess it depends on your perspective. Also the bible says unmarried women are happier.
If you think you not meant to be alone, well nobody is. Everyone needs someone to talk to. Marriage is commitment and a covenant though. If you intend to be married then prepare yourself to be the best husband or wife you can be.

Really? Is that a universal? With a success rate 100% of the time?

Upvote 0