Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I have been baptized and confirmed last year :). It was a long road paved with doubts, uncertainties and bifurcations, deep through atheism and buddhism. But in the end I came back where it began: in the smile of Jesus I imagined as a child. And then back home in mother church ! :crossrc:

I can appreciate some of what you say here. I have been convicted that there is some truth in most denominations, including the Roman Catholic Church. While I don't intend to join this church someday; I love the writings by "St John of The Cross" regarding suffering. I have had massive burns in the past; and this kind of material has helped to lift me up "out of a deep pit."
Praise God ~ praying for the Lord's blessings on both your walks in faith :crossrc:

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am a cradle Catholic but I'm not too knowledgeable about my faith. I am going to be getting starting my Confirmation classes soon. :)

My daughter waited until she was 22 to be confirmed.
You will be in my prayers :pray:

• Prayers
Upvote 0
Jul 9, 2011
Sugar Land, Texas
✟15,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
My daughter waited until she was 22 to be confirmed.
You will be in my prayers :pray:
I am almost 20. :) I'll be doing Confirmation classes with a friend, so I'll have someone to discuss whatever we learn in class with. I can always ask a priest of course too :)

• Prayers
Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am almost 20. :) I'll be doing Confirmation classes with a friend, so I'll have someone to discuss whatever we learn in class with. I can always ask a priest of course too :)
Praying for you both :crossrc:

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Andres88

Contributor
Feb 7, 2008
Santo Domingo
✟25,823.00
Country
Dominican Republic
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey, did you start your Confirmation classes already?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Ang12

Mar 27, 2013
Cincinnati
✟15,134.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I went through RCIA and was baptized in 1998. I was in my late 20s at the time. I have been away for a while, but am ready to come back. I am learning something new everyday about my faith and I hope to continue to learn as I move through this journey.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I went through RCIA and was baptized in 1998. I was in my late 20s at the time. I have been away for a while, but am ready to come back. I am learning something new everyday about my faith and I hope to continue to learn as I move through this journey.
Hi :wave: Welcome to CF and OBOB!
Praying for your spiritual renewal ~ have a blessed Easter :crossrc:

• Prayers
Upvote 0

erknight

Apr 26, 2013
✟15,133.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Born and raised Baptist, I was confirmed on Holy Saturday of last year, and I have never looked back. It took me nearly 7 years to finally be ready to take the leap and enter the Church, but since that day, not a single day has passed in which I have not fallen more in love with the Ancient Faith. There's no place like home.

It's nice to see that there are fellow converts/reverts here (and that Catholicism seems to be considered Christian... most primarily non-Catholic Christian forums I have seen are rabidly anti-Catholic). I look forward to reading more posts. Pax et bonus.

You can read a rough draft of my conversion story on my blog: percalamus.com.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Born and raised Baptist, I was confirmed on Holy Saturday of last year, and I have never looked back. It took me nearly 7 years to finally be ready to take the leap and enter the Church, but since that day, not a single day has passed in which I have not fallen more in love with the Ancient Faith. There's no place like home.

It's nice to see that there are fellow converts/reverts here (and that Catholicism seems to be considered Christian... most primarily non-Catholic Christian forums I have seen are rabidly anti-Catholic). I look forward to reading more posts. Pax et bonus.

You can read a rough draft of my conversion story on my blog: percalamus.com.

Congrats :hug: blessings :pray: and welcome to CF and OBOB :angel:

• Prayers
Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2012
Florida
✟15,228.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I became a member of the Church this last Easter. I was born in a Baptist hospital, raised Baptist. I dropped out of the Baptist church in 1979. I went looking for God, it took decades. I tried Assemblies of God, almost got sucked into a cult or two...but asked too many questions! I attended a Messianic Jewish synagogue, but didn't belong...being gentile.

I was sick of denominations. I believe the Church of Christ should be unified, not splintered. It needs central authority. I wanted historical authenticity. I had many Catholic friends who would invite me to midnight mass at Christmas and other times. The only place I ever felt "at home," as it were, was in a Catholic Church.

Now, The wayward son has found a home,along with all my family! God be praised! + CK+

• Prayers
Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I became a member of the Church this last Easter. I was born in a Baptist hospital, raised Baptist. I dropped out of the Baptist church in 1979. I went looking for God, it took decades. I tried Assemblies of God, almost got sucked into a cult or two...but asked too many questions! I attended a Messianic Jewish synagogue, but didn't belong...being gentile.

I was sick of denominations. I believe the Church of Christ should be unified, not splintered. It needs central authority. I wanted historical authenticity. I had many Catholic friends who would invite me to midnight mass at Christmas and other times. The only place I ever felt "at home," as it were, was in a Catholic Church.

Now, The wayward son has found a home,along with all my family! God be praised! + CK+
Praise God ~ welcome 'home' :clap:
Praying for your spiritual journey ~ God bless you :crossrc:

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

basketballjohn

Sep 7, 2013
✟7,697.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi, I am currently in the process of converting to the Church with the fullness of the truth. I was born and raised a protestant, but after doing a lot of reading about the Church Fathers, the Saints, Papal Encyclicals, and tons of info on the Catholic Church I have joyfully decided to convert. A Catholic Theologian raised a good question, what is the purpose of leaving an infallible book in the hands of fallible teachers? The Hierarchal order of the Church makes perfect sense when it comes to the protection of truth in regards to dogmas of the faith and morals. I look forward to posting some here

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Brother Bread

seeker
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
✟7,849.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was born Catholic. But got caught up in Protestantism. Then about 8 years ago saw a documentary on mother Teresa and said Wow Catholics love God too !!!! That changed my life and began my journey home. I'm now a Tau Maria Franciscan . That's the short of it .

• Prayers
Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I am currently in the process of converting to the Church with the fullness of the truth. I was born and raised a protestant, but after doing a lot of reading about the Church Fathers, the Saints, Papal Encyclicals, and tons of info on the Catholic Church I have joyfully decided to convert. A Catholic Theologian raised a good question, what is the purpose of leaving an infallible book in the hands of fallible teachers? The Hierarchal order of the Church makes perfect sense when it comes to the protection of truth in regards to dogmas of the faith and morals. I look forward to posting some here
Welcome ~ May God bless your spiritual journey ;crossrc:

I was born Catholic. But got caught up in Protestantism. Then about 8 years ago saw a documentary on mother Teresa and said Wow Catholics love God too !!!! That changed my life and began my journey home. I'm now a Tau Maria Franciscan . That's the short of it .
Welcome ~ praise God :pray:

• Prayers
Upvote 0
Nov 21, 2013
✟7,723.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I teach RCIA, so I am one who helps gives insight in to new Catholics who sometimes are coming into the faith with misinformation and perhaps even downright lies. I'd also like to hear what some of you may still have questions about. Is it easy to come from these other faiths to Catholicism? Especially some of you coming from the Anglican faith? Out of all Christian denominations, I think I know the least about that one. I'm trying to learn more. More importantly, are all your questions being answered and do you feel you are coming closer to Christ? Are you given the chance to ask the hard questions?

In Christ.

Upvote 0