Controversial!: Messianic Jewish Prophet Causing Waves - What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlamagne1

Aug 6, 2007
✟15,196.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone heard of prophet Tom Deckard? He is coming down to my area, and there is a TON of buzz on the internet about him right now. IF everything he is saying is true, then he IS a true prophet of God. Does anyone here know much about him? I would like to get the opinions of as many people as possible about this prophet. Here is some information that is circulating on the internet about him:

-------------------

Do real prophets exist today? Are there prophets walking around who hear from God the way that the prophets in the Scriptures did?

There are a whole lot of false "prophets" running around these days. Time after time they make grand pronouncements about what will happen and they are wrong time after time.

What do the Scriptures say about the standard for a prophet?:

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 (King James Version)

20But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

21And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? 22When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

There are a lot of "prophets" out there who have shown themselves to be false, and yet people keep watching their programs and sending them money.

But what about real, established prophets with a track record?

What about a prophet who has a 31 year track record of 100% accuracy for all of the open visions that God has given to him?

Prophet Tom Deckard is such a man. He is a Messianic Jewish prophet that has never missed in 31 years. Here are a few of the prophetic signs the Lord has given him:

Prophetic Signs

• Prophesied the coming of the AIDs Epidemic 2 years before it was discovered. He told the people that the government would try to cover it up but in the end they would have to reveal it.
  • Prophesied that Prime Minister Sandiford of Barbados would be resigning from office.
  • Prophesied that the cold war would end and the Berlin Wall would be no more, 1 year before it took place. He also Prophesied that the threat during the cold war was not Russia; it would come from the Middle East.
  • Prophesied that the tornado activity in America would become greater than ever before known on record.
  • Prophesied that old diseases that the world thought had been eradicated would return and that they would become immune to our modern day medicines now being used.
  • Prophesied the flooding of the great Mississippi River 6 months before it occurred.
  • Prophesied the coming of the first war with Iraq [Desert Storm], and then prophesied that America would have to go back and finish the job at a later date.
  • Prophesied the beginning of the European Common Market and the struggle that they would have accomplishing the task.
  • Prophesied the events of 911 five years before it occurred.
  • Prophesied that the Islamic religion would become the fastest growing religion in the United States. This was in 1990, and today it is a known fact that this has come to pass.

Bro. Deckard has given signs to every nation that he has stepped foot upon that they might know G-d has sent a Prophet unto them:
  • Prophesied that the four year drought would be broken in Central Africa three days after he departed from the nation. This occurred exactly as G-d had spoken.
  • Prophesied in Guyana, South America that flood waters would flow into the drinking water and thousands would become ill. This occurred shortly thereafter.
  • Prophesied a great drought would come upon the land of Madagascar. This occurred three months later.
Miracle Healings
Prophet Deckard also has an extraordinary healing ministry. This isn't the kind of healing ministry where a few people get knocked over in the service, but then later investigation can't produce anyone who was actually healed. Prophet Deckard has a REAL healing ministry.

In just one crusade that Prophet Deckard conducted in Africa there were 800 people who went back to the doctor and were medically certified as having been healed from AIDS.

Prophet Deckard has seen just about any kind of miracle that you can imagine. In fact, one of my good friends was instantly healed of a torn rotator cuff when the Prophet laid hands on her in a healing line. Prophet Deckard has established over 160 churches around the world and has prophesied to Presidents and Prime Ministers throughout the world.
Still Not Convinced? Come See For Yourself!
Prophet Deckard will be in Roanoke, Virginia from August 10th to August 12th:
Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center
110 Shenandoah Avenue
Roanoke, VA 24016-2025
Phone: 540-985-5900

Friday 7:00 PM

Saturday 10:00 AM
2:00 PM
7:00 PM

Sunday 10:00 AM
2:00 PM

You can find more information about Prophet Deckard at his website:
http://www.jewishprophet.com/

Directions to the conference can be found here:

http://www.jewishprophet.com/Meetings/Roanoke%20VA.htm

You can listen to Prophet Deckard for yourself right here:

http://prophecyclub.com/audio_deckard.htm

I urge you to prayerfully consider attending this conference if you can possibly make it. Admission is free so bring a friend. If you come with an open heart and a desire for God then this conference will dramatically change your life.

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Talk about "tooting his own horn"! :eek:

BTW none of this constitutes Current News & Events!

Mr. Deckard begins to share with the audience on his pre-recorded speech that he has recieved special revelation from God about the coming destruction of America. Before he shares this revelation though, he validates himself as a prophet. He claims that God shared with him the “secret” to recieving prophecy is “fasting”.

To oppose this teaching… the secret to receiving prophecy has never been to “draw prophecy from God by fasting”. The secret to receiving prophecy is… to be gifted with prophecy. I know that’s not very deep, but it’s the truth. Most of the Old Testament Prophets were not seeking revelation from God when they were given prophecy… in fact, the very opposite is true; Moses, Sampson, Jonah just to name a few were not seeking revelation from God when the Word of God came to them. This is the first flag that should warn us that Mr. Deckard is not a prophet at all.

The second flag that is raised during Mr. Deckards testimony is that he says; when he begins fasting, his conciousness is transferred from the physical to the spiritual. In fact, he says, “After about 5 days of fasting they won’t even let me drive a car because I don’t drive real well”. This effect is supposedly because he is no longer conscious of physical reality as much as “spiritual reality”. At this point during his fasting binge, Mr. Deckard says that he begins to prophecy to strangers about things they are doing wrong and he begins to tell them to “stop what they are doing”. Apparently this action is very disturbing to these strangers, so the people who are assigned to “take care of him”, have to take him aside so he doesn’t freak anyone out.

What Mr. Deckard is experiencing is exactly what New Agers experience when they enter into an altered state of consciousness. What is even more disturbing is that this is similar to what a “Spirit Medium” experiences when they allow entities from the spirit world assume control over their bodies.

The broadcast of the Prophecy Club ends before any of this “special revelation” is revealed, and Stan Johnson tells the listeners how to purchase Tom Deckards tapes and CD’s with the rest of the messages about the prophecy. Stan Johnson also tells the audience how they can purchase his DVD’s on prophecy he has received by the same method.

Folks, Tom Deckard is a False Prophet by his own testimony. I would be very cautious to listen to ANYTHING he had to say, as the prophecy he receives is most likely from a devil, and not from God.

Likewise, I would be very cautious to listen to anything else Stan Johnson has to say because he is receiving his revelation the same way Tom Deckard is. At the very least, Stan Johnson’s discernment is compromised by his overwhelming acceptance of Tom Deckard and his message.

http://gideonsword.net/WordPress/?p=10

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Upvote 0

Charlamagne1

Aug 6, 2007
✟15,196.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I would not post that gideonsword link and article if I was you.

You obviously did no research before you copied and pasted that article.

It has outright fraud and lies in it.

Why do you slander a fellow believer in Christ without even taking a FEW MINUTES to find out the facts for yourself.

Please apologize or take down the article.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I would not post that gideonsword link and article if I was you.

You obviously did no research before you copied and pasted that article.

It has outright fraud and lies in it.

Why do you slander a fellow believer in Christ without even taking a FEW MINUTES to find out the facts for yourself.

Please apologize or take down the article.

Since there is no other info available except by his own lackeys or his own website,Gideon's Sword, is the only thing NOT by him or his people in the search results. I'm not THAT gullible to believe ONLY those sources! Which BTW,not a single one of your links even works,LOL! Bet you knew that,huh? :doh:

Upvote 0

Charlamagne1

Aug 6, 2007
✟15,196.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I do not intend to argue with you.

I wish you blessings this day.

I was just quite alarmed when you posted that gideonsword article.

I found that article myself quite a while ago when I started researching this guy. The gideonsword people ARE NOT to be relied upon. Just read the smears that they direct towards other men of God in other of their "articles".

I have researched prophet Deckard enough to know that the gideonsword people are completely factually inaccurate to the level of complete and total negligence.

Nobody is perfect, and there are always things you can say about anyone. However, it is important to be acccurate, and to not just throw out lies like the gideonsword people do.

I am hopeful we can have a real, factual discussion about prophet Tom Deckard, because he is becoming a HUGE issue out there.

Upvote 0

TemperateSeaIsland

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi
Aug 7, 2005
Wales, UK
✟21,785.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
How specific were these predictions? Did he publish them before the event or did he simply make claim after the event?

As an example what was his prediction regarding 9/11 and where did he publish it 5 years prior?

Reactions: soblessed53
Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I do not intend to argue with you.

I wish you blessings this day.

I was just quite alarmed when you posted that gideonsword article.

I found that article myself quite a while ago when I started researching this guy. The gideonsword people ARE NOT to be relied upon. Just read the smears that they direct towards other men of God in other of their "articles".

I have researched prophet Deckard enough to know that the gideonsword people are completely factually inaccurate to the level of complete and total negligence.

Nobody is perfect, and there are always things you can say about anyone. However, it is important to be acccurate, and to not just throw out lies like the gideonsword people do.

I am hopeful we can have a real, factual discussion about prophet Tom Deckard, because he is becoming a HUGE issue out there.

How did you research him,when I have been unable to find anything objective or even an outside source on him at all? :scratch:

I am pretty good at searching it's said, since so many who know me,ask me to do searches for them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.