Contraception use fell and Medicaid births rose after Texas defunded Planned Parenthood.

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Kersh

Jan 23, 2016
Michigan
✟24,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I get the "suffering the consequences" idea from what I have read here. More people here seem far more interested in punishing the women than they seem interested in stopping abortion. Hence the huge need to stop easy access to BC. Easy access to BC stops the punishment they so eagerly wish to dole out.

I have always seen children as a blessing, whether in or out of wedlock, but from reading here, this does not seem to be the prevailing opinion. Out of wedlock, children are to be consequences and punishment to the woman. They are a precious life in the womb, but once born, they are a punishment and consequence for irresponsible actions.

My 17 year old niece just had a child. I am helping her in every way I know how, and I would have adopted the baby in a heartbeat had she wished that. She wants to make this work, so support is all I can do now. I want her to be the best person she can be despite the challenges she has now caused herself.

I have no interest in the child being a punishment for her. What a horrible way to view and raise a child. But to many here, that is exactly how they seem to view a child born out of wedlock. I find it repulsive, but it seems to be the prevailing opinion here.

I am sure that some want to punish young people who have sex outside of marriage. I don't think that this fits well with the Christian concept of grace, and I think it shows the child a great deal of disrespect. I oppose abortion, because I believe that every child is a blessing and should be treated as such. When we say to women with unplanned pregnancies, "well that's what you get for not keeping your legs closed", we lose sight of the very reason that we should hate abortion in the first place.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had my idea of what kind of family I wanted my baby to go to, too. Doesn't it make sense that a Christian organization, much like a Christian person, would prefer that the children they are servicing are going to Christian families?

no, when there are more people wanting to adopt kids then there are kids, you can be chosey, but a child should have a family, not have someones beliefs or opinions deny good parents. I don't care what someone believes if they are fitting parents, the childs right to a family should trump religious beliefs.

Upvote 0

Kersh

Jan 23, 2016
Michigan
✟24,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
no, when there are more people wanting to adopt kids then there are kids, you can be chosey, but a child should have a family, not have someones beliefs or opinions deny good parents. I don't care what someone believes if they are fitting parents, the childs right to a family should trump religious beliefs.

There are more people wanting to adopt babies than there are babies. It is typically the agencies that handle infant adoptions that have restrictive policies, precisely because they can be choosey, and it fits with their mission.

Agencies that handle older child (foster care) adoptions are typically not allowed to discriminate on the basis of religion, unless such discrimination is clearly in the best interests of the child (such as adopting a Muslim child to a Muslim family often makes more sense than placing him or her with a non-Muslim family).

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

That is awesome, but also only one state for now, and not every state will pick this up sadly. The Bible belt states will be last if they ever accept this idea. Heck, many of the people in the bible belt states do not want their children to know sex exists, let alone allow them as young adults to have access to birth control.

Many still believe sex education means condoning and pushing for kids and young adults to have premarital sex. Sex education is stealing their purity and all that.

Thanks for the link.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am sure that some want to punish young people who have sex outside of marriage. I don't think that this fits well with the Christian concept of grace, and I think it shows the child a great deal of disrespect. I oppose abortion, because I believe that every child is a blessing and should be treated as such. When we say to women with unplanned pregnancies, "well that's what you get for not keeping your legs closed", we lose sight of the very reason that we should hate abortion in the first place.

I find many feel the concept of grace is a great concept when it is being applied to themselves. Other than that, not so much.

I think using a child as a punishment gives the new, young and impressionable parents who are already struggling to just get up every day and keep moving a terrible attitude to adopt towards their kids. This will ensure that a miserable cycle will continue with the child who was raised to believe they were put on this earth to punish their parents.

Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are more people wanting to adopt babies than there are babies. It is typically the agencies that handle infant adoptions that have restrictive policies, precisely because they can be choosey, and it fits with their mission.

Agencies that handle older child (foster care) adoptions are typically not allowed to discriminate on the basis of religion, unless such discrimination is clearly in the best interests of the child (such as adopting a Muslim child to a Muslim family often makes more sense than placing him or her with a non-Muslim family).

yeah I'm sure all those catholic agencies are jumping at the chance to put muslim children with muslim parents and not, "Bring them up in good Christian values." and can you show the evidence? there are many MANY children that are never adopted and not all of it is because they weren't the right fit.

Upvote 0

Kersh

Jan 23, 2016
Michigan
✟24,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yeah I'm sure all those catholic agencies are jumping at the chance to put muslim children with muslim parents and not, "Bring them up in good Christian values." and can you show the evidence? there are many MANY children that are never adopted and not all of it is because they weren't the right fit.

There are many OLDER children who are never adopted. Often this is because of a variety of factors. Sometimes these children have serious health or developmental disorders that adoptive families are not prepared to address. Sometimes these children have behavioral histories that make many families nervous, such as sexually acting out. Sometimes the children are in sibling groups, and there are just no families willing to adopt the siblings all together. But, I have never seen any evidence that there is a widespread problem of children remaining in the system simply because there were too few adoptive parents of the agency's religious persuasion.

Nor have I ever seen any evidence that infants are being left unadopted because of restrictive policies on the part of the agencies.

I say this from the perspective of an adoptive parent and as an attorney who regularly represents parents and children in the child protective and foster systems.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The children who don't get adopted or who languish in the system for years are generally older children, who were removed from their homes, due to allegations of abuse, criminality, or neglect. Babies, especially healthy babies whose birth mothers placed them for adoption, rarely spend much time at all waiting for an adoptive family. Many, if not most, leave the hospital with their adoptive parents.
I know. This was discussed pages and pages ago. It's a shame that all people care about is "babies." Older children are apparently worthless.

Upvote 0

Kersh

Jan 23, 2016
Michigan
✟24,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know. This was discussed pages and pages ago. It's a shame that all people care about is "babies." Older children are apparently worthless.

Two of my three children were well past infancy when we adopted them. My youngest was the bio-sibling of my other two, and he was an unplanned (but well-loved) part of the package. So, I'm with you in wishing more people were willing to adopt older children.

But, the topic of this thread is about abortion and contraception. Older children are not in the system because their parents didn't have the opportunity to use contraception or have an abortion. They are in the system, because their parents were accused of abuse, neglect, or criminality, or because their parents were unable to care for them, or because their parents died, or for a host of other reasons that have nothing to do with abortion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
According to some here, it does not. Neither does the imminent death of one or both mother and child. They will have least both died while the docs tried to save them.
The narrative I am getting here is that women are worthless in comparison to the fetus inside them. I cant imagine how perspectives ever became so twisted.

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not unusual at all. Some activists are pro-fetus but not pro-adult with rights of their own.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The narrative I am getting here is that women are worthless in comparison to the fetus inside them. I cant imagine how perspectives ever became so twisted.

Nobody said women are worthless. But what is being said that abortion is a selfish act that kills a baby. So unless the life of the mother is at risk there is no medical reason for an abortion. The christian worldview is abortion is murder and that all lives matter regardless of age or sex.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Just like puppies and kittens, nobody wants a dog or cat.

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nobody said women are worthless. But what is being said that abortion is a selfish act that kills a baby. So unless the life of the mother is at risk there is no medical reason for an abortion. The Christian worldview is abortion is murder and that all lives matter regardless of age or sex.
That's not true.
If it were true there wouldn't be one Christian on the planet who is pro-choice.
Furthermore, it is not evident in scriptures that all lives matter to God. Therefore, it cannot be a Christian world view that they do when Christians derive their doctrine and understanding of God/Jesus per the Bible that proves all lives do not matter to God.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's why there are so many dog's and cat's adopted from shelters .

We just adopted an adult dog from a shelter about a year, and now he is almost finished with his service dog training. He has rebounded well since he was abused before we got him. We are thrilled with his recovery and personality :)

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We just adopted an adult dog from a shelter a year, and now he is almost finished with his service dog training. He has rebounded well since he was abused before we got him. We are thrilled his recovery and personality
Awww, bless you for giving the precious adult dog a home. I have a rescued adult dog myself. He too was abused but today he's a totally different little guy. :)

Upvote 0