~GodsMouthpiece~

May 18, 2006
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Daily Consecration

I believe that the greatest need in our lives, is to be able to hear God more clearly, so as to walk according to His will concerning our lives...The start to this life is one of consecration, and must begin afresh daily by laying our lives at the feet of our Savior, in honor of His own sacrifice for us...When we do this, we are allowing the Spirit of God total access for the to be conformed to the image of Jesus(the greatest servant of all), and hereby able to minister to others giving glory to the Father.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I have found that in times in my life I can hear the Spirit crystal clear, and at other times I struggle to hear Him at all...Why is this?...The Spirit of God doesn't leave, for Jesus said he would never leave or forsake us...I believe it is because at times in our walk we tend to become a bit self serving, which is the opposite of sacrificing, and we put ourselves, our daily plans, and our own selfish desires before God....We, like the verses above state, need to have our minds constantly renewed(renovated) so we do not conform ourselves to the cares of this life..I personally find that if I don't start the day this way, dying to self the rest of the day doesnt go so easy..I find that my inner man has no direction of eternal purpose, and thereby my joy also wanes...

The scripture I like to use to explain this is found in 1 Corinthians 2:14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

You see my friends, we cant understand the things of God with a natural mindset. So how can we know His will for our lives on a daily basis, without a daily consecratory beginning?..For without this daily start, our spiritual mindset is easily sidetracked...How then can we as well, preach salvation to a lost and dying world, if we cant even get the first and greatest commandment right? We must serve God first, or we are wasting our time!!!

The illustration of the rich young man is a great example of this very thing...Lets look at that story.

Matthew 19:16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Jesus, by word of knowledge knew this mans heart, for he spoke to him about the six commandments that deal with mans relationship to man..(ministry) But what the young man lacked was consecration to God.. He was carnally minded, and in love with the cares of this life..Friends, we cant serve in the body of Christ correctly without total consecration to God...

What is consecration?

Consecration is simply the dedication of something/someone for a specific purpose...
The Hebrew word is Millu. From Strongs;

H4394 millu-mil-loo 'From H4390; a fulfilling (only in plural), that is, (literally) a setting (of gems), or (technically) consecration (also concretely a dedicatory sacrifice):—consecration, be set.

Millu is from the root word Mala[H4390] which you may have studied concerning the Old testament Priesthood ....The priests were to be fully consecrated, and busy about the Lords work (yad mala)....

If you remember, the priest first had to make sacrifice for themselves, for they were to present sacrifices to God for the congregation...Now, we who are a royal priesthood, must also keep consecrated and holy before the Lord..

This is accomplished through repentance of sin, thanksgiving, worship, prayer, intersession, and bible study..

Generally speaking;

Sin separates, repentance restores..
Thanksgiving is an appreciative mindset for mercy and provision...
Worship is love in action...
Prayer acknowledges a need of divine help for self...
Intersession asks for divine help for others...
Bible study is learning who God is, who we are, what He expects from us,
whats freely given to us, and what we can give to others from Him..

Status
Not open for further replies.