Congress: Obama Admin Fired Top Scientist to Advance Climate Change Plans

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom

A new congressional investigation has determined that the Obama administration fired a top scientist and intimidated staff at the Department of Energy in order to further its climate change agenda, according to a new report that alleges the administration ordered top officials to obstruct Congress in order to forward this agenda [...]

Congress: Obama AdminFired Top Scientist to Advance Climate Change Plans

Still don't think "Climate Change" is not an agenda by the bully liberal government, aka Obama government?

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

A new congressional investigation has determined that the Obama administration fired a top scientist and intimidated staff at the Department of Energy in order to further its climate change agenda, according to a new report that alleges the administration ordered top officials to obstruct Congress in order to forward this agenda [...]

Congress: Obama AdminFired Top Scientist to Advance Climate Change Plans

Still don't think "Climate Change" is not an agenda by the bully liberal government, aka Obama government?

How DOES he get away with these things??!!

:eek:

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Because we blindly let them.

I agree.

But WHY do we DO that???!!!!!

9ec7e75235b3057ae50161f5188bfaf4.jpg

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I agree.

But WHY do we DO that???!!!!!

9ec7e75235b3057ae50161f5188bfaf4.jpg
Because "climate change" is a religion for many. You can make a case where some even think that the government is like a god, where it can do no wrong like in past history such as Egypt, England, Japan, etc... So if the government spout nonsense about climate change and, therefore, they have to regulate (i.e., tax) you more, hey... it's because god (government) says so.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oy, not this again.

The scientific community has determined with overwhelming consensus that climate is real and human-caused. Whether or not a particular politician has done something wrong is irrelevant to this determination (and I am very skeptical that the source quoted in the OP is objective, but that's beside the point).

To deny that climate change is real and human-caused is effectively to embrace conspiracy-theory thinking.

The deep and more dangerous problem here is the lack of scientific literacy in the American public. We need to do a better job educating people about how science works.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Because "climate change" is a religion for many. You can make a case where some even think that the government is like a god, where it can do no wrong like in past history such as Egypt, England, Japan, etc... So if the government spout nonsense about climate change and, therefore, they have to regulate (i.e., tax) you more, hey... it's because god (government) says so.

That's downright disturbing.

105.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom

The deep and more dangerous problem here is the lack of scientific literacy in the American public. We need to do a better job educating people about how science works.
"Educating" people as in educate by liberal Universities/Colleges by liberal professors with their liberal agendas?

Say it ain't so. No indoctrination going on there... nah!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Educating" people as in educate by liberal Universities/Colleges by liberal professors with their liberal agendas?

Say it ain't so. No indoctrination going on there... nah!
More conspiracy-theory and "us vs them" thinking. Part of the reason for the dangerous election of Donald Trump is that American voters have been duped into thinking that conspiratorial forces are at work trying to pull something over on them. Do you believe Mr. Trump's claim that climate change is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese?

It is, of course, very telling that people who do not accept the authority of scientists with respect to climate change (and evolution for that matter) fully accept that authority when it comes to almost all other aspects of life (e.g. they accept that smoking causes cancer, that you see a medical expert when you are sick, and that their airplane is safe).

Can you explain precisely why you do not believe the scientists about climate change and yet (presumably) you do believe them about the connection between smoking and cancer.

Again, we are in a dark time when rational thinking has lost ground to creeping and irrational distrust in the power of science. I am confident it is just a blip, however.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think that man-made global warming is the biggest hoax in history. It's a con game to redistribute wealth.

Here's what God has to say about the issue:

Genesis 8:21-22 KJV And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done. 22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
More conspiracy-theory and "us vs them" thinking. Part of the reason for the dangerous election of Donald Trump is that American voters have been duped into thinking that conspiratorial forces are at work trying to pull something over on them. Do you believe Mr. Trump's claim that climate change is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese?
No, it's not "us vs them". It's the liberal vs. everyone else. The liberal politicians love to divide and conquer. To them, if you don't agree with them, here comes the racist card, sexist card, xenophobic card, homophobic card, nativism card, and etc. That's their M.O. And the ironic this is, the Demoncrat's history is filled with KKK and Jim Crow law.

It is, of course, very telling that people who do not accept the authority of scientists with respect to climate change (and evolution for that matter) fully accept that authority when it comes to almost all other aspects of life (e.g. they accept that smoking causes cancer, that you see a medical expert when you are sick, and that their airplane is safe).
What "authority" does a scientist have? Jail time? What if another scientist disagrees with the said scientist? Jail time for both?

Can you explain precisely why you do not believe the scientists about climate change
Remember that New York was predicted to be underwater by 2015?

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2015/06/12/

Can you explain precisely why you do not believe the scientists about climate change and yet (presumably) you do believe them about the connection between smoking and cancer.
So you are connecting the hyped-up climate change to smoking and cancer? Why you don't connect climate change to sugary drinks and cavities as well?

Again, we are in a dark time when rational thinking has lost ground to creeping and irrational distrust in the power of science. I am confident it is just a blip, however.
I am not confident as the liberal indoctrination continues as long as the education is run by liberal schools and professors. This is the old playbook from the communist China, Soviet Union and other communist/fascist countries.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is a biased and rather pathetic article provided. Has:

In mid-2014, lawmakers introduced legislation, the Low Dose Radiation Act of 2014, to help regulate the program and minimize harmful side effects.

During an October 2014 briefing with senior DoE staff on the matter, lawmakers heard testimony from Dr. Noelle Metting, the radiation research program’s manager.

Less than a month later, lawmakers discovered that Obama administration officials had “removed Dr. Metting from federal service for allegedly providing too much information in response to questions posed by” Congress during the briefing, the report states.
"allegedly" - it is a gossip rag.

Climate change is real. Man shouldn't be doing things that cause the death of others. That was not God's plan. Summer and Winter will not cease (until the end of things as described in Revelation anyway). But pollution that causes cancer is not from God. It is from man. The severity of the storms will increase, and ocean levels will rise and that will affect billions in terms of their lives and where ability to survive- but there will still be seasons on earth.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Apparently, because he's half black, and when criticized the Left often plays the race card to intimidate and silence opposition.
Excuse me?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Excuse me?

It's difficult not to be accused of racism by the Left, when criticizing Obama. You've surely seen such. Obama said as much in a recent interview. I'll see if I can find it.

Opra said this: “There’s a level of disrespect for the office that occurs. And that occurs in some cases and maybe even many cases because he’s African American. There’s no question about that and it’s the kind of thing nobody ever says but everybody’s thinking it.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That is a really pathetic claim. It is informative, but not on the facts. Who is the one to bring up race?

How do you know the "half black" Obama was involved? Do you even know that the scientist, Dr. Noel Metting was reinstated in an agreement with the DOE and that Democrats on the Science committee also wanted her reinstated? Did you know that there was a Dr. Weatherwax was involved in the firing? Or do you only know what right-wing anti-Obama blogs claim about it?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you know Dr. Metting was reinstated last September? That this is OLD news that suddenly hit the right wing blogosphere?

I think it is an attempt by Breitbart or similar to distract from Trump's tweets.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
That is a really pathetic claim. It is informative, but not on the facts. Who is the one to bring up race?

How do you know the "half black" Obama was involved? Do you even know that the scientist, Dr. Noel Metting was reinstated in an agreement with the DOE and that Democrats on the Science committee also wanted her reinstated? Did you know that there was a Dr. Weatherwax was involved in the firing? Or do you only know what right-wing anti-Obama blogs claim about it?

Please follow the thread. It will clear things up for you. I answered a question Brinny had. A generic question. Look at it again.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have followed the thread. It is a pathetic claim to make, imho. He, apparently awful 'half black' man (thanks for editing that), gets away with things - though he was probably not involved in the minor event in the DOE that was resolved in part due to Democrats (the apparently racist left or the ones who use race per the claim). Note that it was not the left, or a Democrat who brought race into this discussion.

There is limited factual information provided at all. IMHO, folks all over don't research stories and just seem to believe every biased article they read. It is an old story actually, was resolved already to restore Dr. Metting with the support of the Democrats on the committee, and Obama was not involved himself.

But it serves to distract from other things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

QFT

Upvote 0