1. New: Christian Forums Staff Recruit Video.- It's that time of year again. We are having our annual Staff Recruit Drive. Simply ask any staffer to help you apply and enjoy the video...
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Confirmation Sponsor letter

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Lutherrunner, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lutherrunner

Lutherrunner New Member

Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Lutheran
    An online friend in another forum posted this question:......any advice?

"I have to write a letter to my confirmation candidate, and I have no idea where to even start. The only guideline we were given was that it was to be personal, and that we were not to use general examples. Does anyone else have any experience doing this? If not, do you have any advice?

Thanks..."

2. marciadietrich

marciadietrich Senior Veteran

Faith:
    Catholic
    In our parish they had a basket of pictures of the confirmation candidates and asked we might write them a letter or get them a gift. I did both. Bought a little book called "Prove It! Church" and a couple of holy cards and then did a short letter I printed out using a greeting card program and put inside of the book - sort of like a dedication. I didn't know her, but just wrote about how I was a recent convert and her being confirmed at her age she was way ahead of me. So tried to be personal, despite I had not met her. Did see her at a Mass later.

Hope that helps.

Marcia

3. colleen

colleen We are an Easter people!

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Catholic
    What do you wish someone would have told you when you had been confirmed. I was confirmed at 13, and these are a few things I wished someone had told me:
    1. Rosaries are more than nice presents, they are instrument that leads you to God.
    2. Confession is a blessing, and you should not be ashamed to go.
    3. The CCC is a handbook for life. Get a large hardback cover so you don't bust the spine.
    4. Eucharistic Adoration: Just do it!
    5. It is not important what you think is the truth, your thoughts will surely change with time. What matters is standing with Jesus on his rock, The Catholic Church. In the Catholic Church you will find the fullness of truth.
    6. God hears all prayers no matter how small.

Ask God to give you the words.
    Colleen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.