• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Confession of a member of CF *mod hat*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I totally get your point, but I don't think she knows you well enough to get that you are using sardonic humor.

BritneySpears, he really is being funny!^_^

I'm not being funny - I'M honest!

But yeah, welcome BS!

Upvote 0

Ruby Moon

Nov 9, 2006
✟8,342.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't understand what he means anymore, :( I guess my mistake is I want everyone to like me and forgive me which won't happen. I need to stop being so selfish. I guess I gotta accept not everyone is going to like me or believe me. Maybe, I need to stop worrying about all my faults.

Upvote 0

Rochir

Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would guess that he is one of the least-judgmental folks around here. If you ever need somebody to get your back in a debate, just PM him. I really enjoy reading his posts.

:blush: Thank you!

Upvote 0

BelindaP

Senior Contributor
Sep 21, 2006
Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Again, the sardonic humor--some would call it sarcastic, but I don't think it is.

When you read his posts in debates, you will understand. He is very plain about what he thinks (the truth), but also subletly humorous. He was just protesting (humorously) to me that he wasn't trying to be funny, just to tell the truth.

I guarantee you that he finds many Christians on this forum to be unkind, just as you have experienced. In his original post, that was what he was trying to convey. Hope the explanation helps.

Reactions: Rochir
Upvote 0

Rochir

Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't understand what he means anymore, :(

Hey, it's not really important what people on CF think about you. Nor even what peope in RL do. What counts is that He loves you and is with you, whether you know it or not. And, unlike many here, He does not demand that you conform to Him do that he will love you. he already does.

So, please, don't let peopel here get you down. if they do, then - honestly - maybe a rough message board community like this one isn't for you!

:hug:

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I just pray people will understand instead of gossiping about me or calling me fake. I also pray this forum becomes a christian ministry instead of a forum where you get hurt really bad and are judge, or told you're not married by their standards.

So do I.

We may try to minister to people, but if we're hurting and judging others instead of helping, that's not a great job.

Now, let me turn the tables on you -- how could we improve? What could CF do better?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ruby Moon

Nov 9, 2006
✟8,342.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Maybe just being nice to people? Is that too big of a deal?

Alot of mods are CF are very nice to people, some might not be. I try to remember mods are humans like us and aren't perfect. I think when mods and members can understand eachother things will be better. We don't know how any of these people's real life is like. everyone is different, so I try to treat everyone with kindness.

hope i made some sense.

Reactions: Taylor43
Upvote 0

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Britney--

God bless you!!! Thanks for posting this here. I don't know what all happened before, as I avoid debatey forums like the plague, but I don't have to know more than you have said here to know that you have a tender heart. :hug:

Never let anyone make you feel less than the beautiful creation that you are. If anyone rubs your nose in your sin, just remember that everyone here is just a nasty, dirty, no-good sinner. But some of us have accepted forgiveness of that sin and try to move past it.

The best guy who can ever know is Jesus Christ. He loves you, warts and all, as my Grampa used to say.

Thanks also for helping me remember that I was also overwhelmed and unsure when I first posted at CF. Back then it was less than half of what it is now, but it still scared me. So please let me know if you ever need a helping hand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

meh

Legend
Feb 22, 2006
✟52,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't understand what he means anymore, :( I guess my mistake is I want everyone to like me and forgive me which won't happen. I need to stop being so selfish. I guess I gotta accept not everyone is going to like me or believe me. Maybe, I need to stop worrying about all my faults.

It is not selfish to want to be liked or forgiven. It isn't selfish to want friends or attention. We all need friends and attention. Sometimes when we are brave and take a chance and reach out to people in friendship, we will be rejected. It happens to everyone and it is sad. Sometimes it makes us so sad we quit trying. But don't. Keep reaching your hand out to people, and some will grab on. Their love and friendship will help ease the pain from the others who say no.

I think it's very brave to ask for forgiveness. If you ever need anything, please PM me.:hug:

Upvote 0

Ruby Moon

Nov 9, 2006
✟8,342.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
:hug: thank you all for understanding, I know now I'll stay away from anything debate, a person like me shouldn't debate because it just upsets me. That what started alot of my pain to start with, well no more debate for me. I will pray I don't even get into the tempation of debating because it just brings me down.

:hug: to all

Upvote 0

Freedom&Light

and I will give you rest.
Jul 4, 2004
Longview, TX
✟12,566.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
You would be very welcome in Whosoever Will, May Come, which is a great place to discuss these things. :) It's a great place to learn, get your ideas on the table, and not be assaulted by those who are a little more zealous in their evangelism. :)

:hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.