Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That comment was not even in this thread!

Your deflection has been noted.

I understand your need to win a point. Sadly it isn't happening in this thread.

What difference does it make if it wasn't in this thread? You seem to require a criteria from me that you don't from yourself.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not odd at all. I agree with almost all you post, but I have fallen from your good graces because you thought I was attacking all people in the south. That wasn't my intention and I already apologized.

And the South accepts your apology. Its how we roll. :cool:

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It IS important that black people remember their subjugation. If flying a flag helps them do that, then I don't see why the flag should be taken down.
And who exactly gets to choose, what should be remembered and taught ?
You are disgrace if you are an American (U.S.) ,as there is no other country on the planet which has stood more for freedom of ideas and the right to express them .
There are quite a lot of things which I do not like ,but finally I think it is quite wonderful that on the internet you Americans accept these criticicisms and don't try to shut me up ,while disagreeing with me ; you cannot do this in europe, in the same way .
I hate the British flag, because it stands for so many painful memories in my families history ,but I would never ban it, because I am true democrat , unlike some who hide behind their false consideration for 'groups' , when in fact they use it to control those whom they do not like . Another thing I have learned is, that through out history, ALL human societies have done bad things to each other .Where do we begin ,or rather where do we END ,when we REVISE history, instead of discussing it ,and seeing BOTH sides have a point ov view ?

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It IS important that black people remember their subjugation. If flying a flag helps them do that, then I don't see why the flag should be taken down.

Ah, that must be why the canadians still fly their own flag, to remind their native population of their own poor treatment.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Except that it's not up to the victims of racism to let go and move on...
There's the problem.

"Show the court on the doll where the flag touched you."

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wonder why they don't fly Nazi flags outside of concentration camps that they've turned into museums? There MUST be a reason; I wonder what it is?

Perhaps it's because they aren't so stupid as to compare the confederacy to the nazis.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wonder why they don't fly Nazi flags outside of concentration camps that they've turned into museums? There MUST be a reason; I wonder what it is?

I see that you are a GREEN . OH! that must be why you do not know that the nazi holocaust of the Jewish
people is considered unique among the crimes commited by humanity in known history ,because it was an attempt to bring an end to the whole jewish race . There was not an attempt to bring an end to the whole African people race was there ? I note you did not mention the Stalinist purges which amounted to around
60,000,000 million people, why? Perhaps you have an Agenda : also the dead in china Under communism etc.

I should have said the Soviet regimeo years killed 60,000,000

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Not only did you try to minimize these deaths, and dismiss the racism from this boy and his clear confession that it was racially motivated, but you finished off by being wrong about Omar Thornton.

A trifecta failure for you. Well done.

What did he say wrong about Thornton? He killed 8 people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps it's because they aren't so stupid as to compare the confederacy to the nazis.

It's not the same, but it is similar in terms of the prevailing mentality of the day. At the end of the day, despite the manner of delivery being different, you had the majority oppressing the minority (and causing them to suffer), because the majority viewed the minority as inferior. Yes, there is a difference between Hitler's vision for the world and what the Confederacy was hoping to achieve. Hitler wanted to rule the world. The Confederacy just wanted to secede and retain the right to own slaves, in the event the Union abolished the practice. The underlying problem was still, from both sides, seeing the oppressed as being deserving of the oppression.

Just as we can't erase and whitewash history to pretend the Holocaust never happened, you can't ignore that the Civil War was a terrible, terrible event in our nation's history. Just as Germany does not fly the Nazi flag to "preserve their heritage" or "honor their ancestors who were casualties of war" due to shame over their "heritage", the South needs to let go of the sentimental view they have of this flag. It's not the authentic battle flag of the Confederacy. It does represent a very dark time in our nation's history. And the Civil War should not be something we reflect upon with a sense of awe and admiration. It was a shameful war that cost people their property and their lives. We should allow it to serve as a reminder, not give way to a sense of "Southern pride".

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I note you did not mention the Stalinist purges which amounted to around 600,000,000 million people, why?

How exactly did Stalin purge 440 million more people then the total population of the USSR under his rule at the height of the purges?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sorry ,my computer is a bit lawless at the moment .There should be one less 0
Your numbers are still triple what even the Black Book of Communism attributes to Stalin and the USSR.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Salin began the purges which lasted throughout 70 years of the USSR.

The atrocities of the USSR are sufficiently horrible without inflating the numbers.

Upvote 0