Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/10/us/south-carolina-confederate-battle-flag/index.html

Ok, so now the Confederate flag is no longer flying at the South Carolina Capitol. Does this mean the hearts of anyone has changed? Does it make us more united? Will it prevent someone from shooting people they don't like again?

OR

Will it just enbolden people show their disapproval of those they don't like? Will it be a symbol of how certain people are now being made villians in our society? Will someone be more likely to do a violent act in the name of what they perceive has been taken from our history?

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm going to need you to be clearer about the "certain people" to whom you refer.

In this context, I was referring to individuals who are prone to being set over the edge. Sometimes there are unstable people in society that act out with violence when they perceive that a freedom of theirs has been taken from them.

But since the time I created this thread, the people responsible for bringing down the confederate flag in SC are now (just a couple days later) looking at targeting other flags that have any part of the confederate flag on them. This looks to be just another case of "This victory is just the first step....". But that's what happens when groups like this are allowed to dictate what we can say, what we can display, what we can write, what we can own, etc. http://letterstotheeditorblog.dallasnews.com/2015/07/removing-the-confederate-flags.html/

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't think the puppet masters saw this one coming:

Whew! I'll bet they didn't! In fact, the current powers-that-be can't even see it in hindsight.

Upvote 0