Concerned about a nephew mental needing help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is why Jesus came to die for our sins. Sin is so destructive, it's terrible how it impacts everyone's life.

Firstly, I would start seeking God His way: Believe in Jesus' as the Son of God who died for your sins, repent, recognizing you can't live life your way, but need God to help you to change, and walk out your faith with daily study of His Word and prayer.

The powers of this age are growing stronger as we draw near to the finish, and Satan's schemes against our country are no joke. He set this nation up, and he's about to knock it down, all because we have denied God His rightful place in our lives.

Homicidal tendencies are pretty bad, it's likely demonic. Get right with God yourself, and then be a powerful influence over him as someone walking out your faith. It will bring him hope in an otherwise hopeless situation.

And stay away from crazy charismatic churches. There's a ton of witchcraft happening in those places. You will end up in a worse position than you're already in. Read the Bible and walk out your faith simply as it teaches.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Who has guardianship of this child?

If it is the mom, then maybe a call to DHS is in order to tell them that you feel this child's mental health is being neglected and about the situation with his mother being in detox for drug addition and the boyfriend's influence. They might not do anything about it at all, but you need to begin letting these things be exposed to the authorities so that there can be a running record of it.

Perhaps you can show the picture to the police department and see if they can recommend any interventions. Let them know you are afraid for this 7 year old and the safety of other family members and yourself.

Keeping the mother in the dark about the picture is not going to help. She needs to know about it at least. That way she can't say she didn't know.

Prayers for you and your family.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Concerned about a nephew needing mental help. He's 7 years old. He has wished his nephews to be dead. He's even drew a picture of me being stabbed in the neck. With a bunch of kids and him on the other side doing it. I just made him do his home work. This and a fit happened. The mother has been told of him wanting his nephew to die. A few years ago. She laugh it off. I did put him in time out. But I could only do so much. He also wanted to kill the same cousin later on for hitting the ball. The drawing of me just happened. I haven't told his mom yet. She's in detox. And it's to much. She has a Narco addition. But I mainly raised him the first five years. She worked and would be with him at nights and early morning and weekends. So she hasn't been strung out on drugs or any thing like that. At least I don't think so. Also she's been raising him with a loser boyfriend for a couple of years and now he's cussing more and teaching kids bad words. The mother just talks to him and he's says he was just trying to teach the 4 year old not to say these things. I told him not to say any bad words period. Because I notice the 4 year old was picking bad habits up. And so has his parents .But the mom believes his nonsense. She doesn't seem to allow anyone to discipline much. Also this 7 year old is smart. So he knows how to manipulate people. I'm just tired and hope to get answers.

It sounds as if the lad is carrying a lot of suppressed anger. I am not sure how you ought to deal with this, but I suspect it would have to involve the mother, and perhaps then their doctor.

Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I did tell him to stop doing something. Or I would tell his mom. He stopped. But told me, if I tell. He would tell that I called him a d word. The A word and flipped him off. I said go ahead. Since I would never do this and the parents would never believe it. Then he said I must of flipped him off on accident or it just looked like it. I don't understand this.

That looks like pushing at boundaries. Any child will try this, but one who who feels particularly insecure may do it in more extreme ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I wouldn't try to over think it or try to figure things out. He is a young child acting out, and that is probably caused by the instability of his life and the influences he has had. At this young of an age, I firmly believe that the way children behave is a direct result of parenting and environment. Also because he is a younger child and doesn't have a deeper level of understanding, his behavior isn't going to make sense much of the time. The important thing is to get the person who has the authority to do something about his condition and home situation to do it.

I would be vigilant in case he hurts someone or himself, and try to be as proactive about his behaviors as possible. However if you over react with him or allow scenes to take place in which he is getting a lot of attention, this could encourage him to act out more. A better plan would be to put an end to bad behavior as quickly and uneventfully as possible, and to give a lot of attention to good behavior, attitudes, and respect.

Reactions: Odetta
Upvote 0

Teslafied

Watt is love? Baby don't hertz me no more.
Apr 27, 2016
NC
✟16,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Have you considered taking him to a church for the elders to lay hands on him and see if he has any demons? If so they can cast them out. The fact that he is drawing these images lets me know it's more than likely satanic in nature.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Have you considered taking him to a church for the elders to lay hands on him and see if he has any demons? If so they can cast them out. The fact that he is drawing these images lets me know it's more than likely satanic in nature.

Because telling a kid he has demons inside him and freaking him out is really going to help. :doh:

Images of death, violence and all kind of evil are prevalent. Considering what he has been exposed to, it is understandable that he learned that from what he has seen in images, possibly TV, video games, movies... This has happened during a developmental phase when his imagination has emerged. He is just copying what he has seen and heard, and not displaying something revealed to him or influenced by a demon that is possessing him.

This is a child who is suffering because of family instability, exposure to bad things at an early age, and possibly psychiatric health problems. Labeling him as demon possessed is not going to help his self esteem or encourage him to "be good." What this child needs is a mental health evaluation, treatment, behavior modification, unconditional love, support, and a stable environment.

Reactions: PastorBen
Upvote 0

Teslafied

Apr 27, 2016
NC
✟16,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Because telling a kid he has demons inside him and freaking him out is really going to help. :doh:

Images of death, violence and all kind of evil are prevalent. Considering what he has been exposed to, it is understandable that he learned that from what he has seen in images, possibly TV, video games, movies... This has happened during a developmental phase when his imagination has emerged. He is just copying what he has seen and heard, and not displaying something revealed to him or influenced by a demon that is possessing him.

This is a child who is suffering because of family instability, exposure to bad things at an early age, and possibly psychiatric health problems. Labeling him as demon possessed is not going to help his self esteem or encourage him to "be good." What this child needs is a mental health evaluation, treatment, behavior modification, unconditional love, support, and a stable environment.

How do you know that? I've dealt with demonically possessed individuals and I can almost guarantee this kid is demonically possessed or oppressed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Teslafied

Apr 27, 2016
NC
✟16,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The mother would be out raged. With good reason. I rather him tell me, if he thought he had demon's. His mothers more religious than me.

I truly think he has the signs of demonic possession.

Upvote 0

Teslafied

Apr 27, 2016
NC
✟16,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've been concerned about him since he was 1 or 2 years old. He was always fussy. He would look at the wall like there was someone was there. When he was two. He talked about kids being on this porch. But I never seen kids there ever. They didn't have kids. So I brushed it off. His mom and I was raising him at that time. He's the smartest kid I've ever took care of. He's been reading a lot recently. So hopefully that will help him.

I'd consider two things; get him checked by a psychiatrist AND consider looking into an exorcist.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I've been concerned about him since he was 1 or 2 years old. He was always fussy. He would look at the wall like there was someone was there. When he was two. He talked about kids being on this porch. But I never seen kids there ever. They didn't have kids. So I brushed it off. His mom and I was raising him at that time. He's the smartest kid I've ever took care of. He's been reading a lot recently. So hopefully that will help him.

I know those things can be disturbing and cause you to worry. But seriously, it is not as uncommon as you might think especially considering his family situation.

I have a background in early childhood development, and I currently work in a field helping people with developmental disabilities and quite a few of them have mental health problems in addition to their developmental disability. What you are describing is not something that is difficult to evaluate and treat. His behavior could have been cause by several things, some of which aren't that serious and rather easy to deal with. Don't jump to the worst conclusion possible.

And children have a tendency to self-fulfill prophecies. That's a fancy way of saying they will be how you expect them to be. I don't mean telling a kid, "I expect you to be polite," and they will do it. What it means is how you truly feel about a kid, what you actually believe the path they choose will be, how you talk about them and to them, the things they hear you voice concern about...those things are most likely what they will do. Because if you believe it about them, then they believe it is true. They will be and do what you expect. Don't jinx this kid by letting him think that you think the worst of him. IF you believe he has demons, then he is going to believe he has demons and will act accordingly, whether he does or not. If you believe he is child who is violent, then he will be violent.

I'm not disregarding what he has in fact already done. I'm just saying you and others could add to it by believing the worst about him, and letting that be known to him. I don't think you caused it, but I think that focusing on the bad without positive interventions and guidance, and an expectation that he can be a good kid, will set up for failure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catherineanne
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.