Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the 70 week prophecy is indeed a prophecy spanning 470 years and not 469yrs with an indefinite 2000+ year gap and then the final week. The prince is Jesus Christ and not the Antichrist.

I have to disagree. Here is something I have written on my site in the end times bible study section...where I speak about Daniel chapter 11:

But if the time for all of this was to be a total of 490 years why has the end not come? Why also did Daniel only know about 4 empires? Haven't there been many more and much more time? The answer is in understanding that this time line was for the Jews and Jerusalem. If the nation is scattered and the city is not theirs then the time line halts.

The time I am speaking of is the time of the gentiles. While God lets the gentiles rule over Jerusalem the time line has stopped. That is why after the first 69 weeks we see Jesus come and die on the cross (which was the subject of the 69th year) and later the city of Jerusalem was destroyed after that. From that time to now the time of the gentiles has been here.

So whatever happened on the world stage from that time on doesn't matter. It all starts again at the time when Jerusalem becomes the capital city of the Jews again.

Upvote 0