✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
:wave: Hiya sis!

Alas I'll be going soon because 'Scruff' will be finishing soon and I know HRH will try to negotiate another kiddie bedtime show to watch (not going to happen though :D)

God bless

ps

Hope you have your feet up ;)

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are all eating I presume - lovely turkey and other interesting foods

If I had any appetite at he moment, I imagine that'd make me feel quite hungry.

I was going to say, "let's see how long we can keep this thread British", but that's just asking to be contradicted. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trust me to come when most of the people who come here are eating really nice things (minus the pumpkin pie - sounds revolting) but each to their own:D

Yeah, it's nasty indeed.
When my daughter was small, her nursery class did some cooking with pumpkins - soup and pies.
At least soup is a suitable recipe for a pumpkin, but who first thought of making a sweet dessert pie with a vegetable?! :sick:

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thought I'd just join in on this thread as am sitting here all by myself, apart from my little grandson asleep,,,,,,am baby=sitting. What's all this talk about turkey and food? It's making me hungry!

Hi Tansy,

Sorry if I seemed to leave just about the time you joined the thread - coincidence, honest.

Today/yesterday is/was thanksgiving day in America, a national festival which they celebrate by having a big family meal, usually turkey, I believe.

We've been commenting on the fact that the forum is quieter than it usually is at this time of day, no doubt because the Americans are all feasting or celebrating instead of writing posts. Could be wrong, of course, maybe they just don't love us any more. :( :D

Upvote 0

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Tansy,

Sorry if I seemed to leave just about the time you joined the thread - coincidence, honest.

Today/yesterday is/was thanksgiving day in America, a national festival which they celebrate by having a big family meal, usually turkey, I believe.

We've been commenting on the fact that the forum is quieter than it usually is at this time of day, no doubt because the Americans are all feasting or celebrating instead of writing posts. Could be wrong, of course, maybe they just don't love us any more. :( :D

:wave: Oh yes, of course,,,,,never quite sure when Thanksgiving is, not being a British thingy,,,,,,yeah, maybe you're right - they're all busy munching.
Do you think that Guy Fawkes night is a weird thing to celebrate? I mean, I can understand it from a historical point nof view, but when you think about it, chucking a guy on a bonfire is a pretty gruesome thing to still enact. Of course the fire and fireworks are fun (at least for some), but I'm sort of amazed it's lasted so long,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that Guy Fawkes night is a weird thing to celebrate? I mean, I can understand it from a historical point nof view, but when you think about it, chucking a guy on a bonfire is a pretty gruesome thing to still enact.

Couldn't agree more!

Trouble is, we have little enough celebration here, so we cling to it I suppose.
We need some new holidays and festivals!

It's been 2 hours since anyone posted on the forum, so I thought I'd resurrect the "Lonely Thread." :wave:

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that Guy Fawkes night is a weird thing to celebrate? I mean, I can understand it from a historical point nof view, but when you think about it, chucking a guy on a bonfire is a pretty gruesome thing to still enact. Of course the fire and fireworks are fun (at least for some), but I'm sort of amazed it's lasted so long,

Absolutely. We celebrate the fact that some people failed to blow something up by setting off lots of mini explosions!

The thing is that fireworks themselves look pretty, or spectacular, and have become so synonymous with other celebrations, New Year, Olympic games, that they are used for almost anything now. They are round here anyway - end of exams, birthdays, you name it. Also, I don't think it's just the fireworks that make bonfire night; it's the whole experience - making and dressing the guy, standing round eating hot dogs, soup and toffee apples.

Upvote 0

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Couldn't agree more!

Trouble is, we have little enough celebration here, so we cling to it I suppose.
We need some new holidays and festivals!

It's been 2 hours since anyone posted on the forum, so I thought I'd resurrect the "Lonely Thread." :wave:

:wave: Yes, we could do with more valid celebrations, specially in winter, I mean, there's Halloween which really is dead iffy I think, Guy Fawkes Night, which really has gone past it's sell-by date, apart from the fun of it. Christmas is great, as far as it goes, though there are some Christians who don't think it should be celebrated. I actually almost prefer Easter, which to me seems more meaningful in some ways.
New Year's Eve I like, simply because the old year's finished and youn look forward to the new, and I love going out at midnight, with all the fireworks going up for about 15 mins, and people you don't know from houses all around come out and greet each other and wish a Happy New Year. There's a kind of expectancy and sense of community almost, even if just for a few minutes, and also a kind of hope, and one can also think, it's one year closer to Christ's return.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Mines been in bed since 7, then its peace and quiet and time for adult TV:)

Or forum watching, as tonight. Trust me to come when most of the people who come here are eating really nice things (minus the pumpkin pie - sounds revolting) but each to their own:D

You don't like pumpkin pie?
icon_oogle.gif

Have you ever had the chance to experience a pumpkin pie? Pumpkin pie is one of my faves :yum:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.