Senior Veteran
Jun 17, 2004
Virgina
✟12,006.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I should be used to this by now...but Im not. Im going into the 12th grade when school starts up again and my older sister who is 19, soon to be 20 will be in her sofemore year at college at JMU. She wasnt in school with my last year and wont be again this year. It whouldnt be so hard for me to leave her if I didnt have all this problems I have, but I do and thats why its so hard. I have allot of lerning disabiltes as well as speech disorders and asthma and allergys. I have looked up to her all threw school (We were 2 years apart in school). It was EXTREMELY hard last year for me becuse I didnt have her to come to everyday when I needed someone to just pour my heart out to in school or just come up to during lunch and say I love you and maybe even cry if it was a hard day. I dont know if any of you have younger siblengs like me, but if you do how do they/you deal with it? If you have "normal" siblengs do they/you deal with it much better? Is there any ideas on how this process will help me be able to get threw this better and possibly gradate next year if I meet all the standards? Thanks for allowing me to come to your board even tho I am still a high school student.

~Regina~

savedandforgiven

Jul 11, 2007
✟7,815.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I am actually in university and my younger sister has some learning disabilities. I think that there are many things you can do to still feel close to your sister. Of course, phoning and emailing her are some options but whatabout making a journal of letters for her? Whenever you are having a rough day at school, write in your journal but address it to your sister. Later on, you can let her read the journal. that way, you can still feel your sister's support and when you are really upset at schoo, you can just write to your sister. I know it's not at all the same as having her there but maybe it will make you feel better to write down your feelings.
Another really cool thing to do is start some new traditions now that she is in university. My brother bought every season of Full House. Whenever I come home, my sister, brother and I watch Full House together. So far, we are only on season 3 but every time I come home it is tradition to watch it together.
As for passing all your courses and graduating, have you ever considerred summer school an option if you do fail something? I know at my highschool it was a 2 week course in the summer to redo something and very easy and relaxing(well, as far as school gets that way). Also, I hope you are getting the support you need from teachers and are allowed to use a laptop in class(my sister does).
God bless and I hope this helps somewhat.

Upvote 0

FollowHisPath

Senior Veteran
Jun 17, 2004
Virgina
✟12,006.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I am actually in university and my younger sister has some learning disabilities. I think that there are many things you can do to still feel close to your sister. Of course, phoning and emailing her are some options but whatabout making a journal of letters for her? Whenever you are having a rough day at school, write in your journal but address it to your sister. Later on, you can let her read the journal. that way, you can still feel your sister's support and when you are really upset at schoo, you can just write to your sister. I know it's not at all the same as having her there but maybe it will make you feel better to write down your feelings.
Another really cool thing to do is start some new traditions now that she is in university. My brother bought every season of Full House. Whenever I come home, my sister, brother and I watch Full House together. So far, we are only on season 3 but every time I come home it is tradition to watch it together.
As for passing all your courses and graduating, have you ever considerred summer school an option if you do fail something? I know at my highschool it was a 2 week course in the summer to redo something and very easy and relaxing(well, as far as school gets that way). Also, I hope you are getting the support you need from teachers and are allowed to use a laptop in class(my sister does).
God bless and I hope this helps somewhat.
Thanks so much for your help! That really helped allot! I have 5 seasons of Full House (I LOOOVE full house as well) and my dad ordered season 6 for me and backordered the last 2 seasons. I REALLY like the jornal idea. I will def do that! Thanks so much again and God Bless!

Upvote 0