Coffee Stand Workers Pray with Woman Who Just Lost Husband

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Customers who visited this drive-through to pick up coffee on Saturday didn’t realize they’d be stumbling in on a powerful scene of prayer.

It started when a woman in tears pulled up to this Vancouver, Washington Dutch Bros. stand.

Someone told baristas Pierce Dunn and Evan Freeman, “‘she's just having a really bad day. Her husband passed,’” recounted Freeman.

“As soon as she said that, I was like, ‘There's nothing more you need to say. We got this. We're going to do what we do every time we get someone who’s in pain or hurt. We're going to give them our love.’”

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/03/...bros-coffee-stand-workers-pray-grieving-widow

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have to ask, are public prayers going to be a general item of this forum? Or is this just a fad?

Yes people doing good like praying over the hurting that make the news will be posted on CF. As it's time that good news of people doing good should be posted too, not just the negative stories that we hear all day. Besides it is news isnt it?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,680.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It's a news story. Why does it matter if it's about praying or not?
Because if every instance of public prayer is reported on this forum, there won't be much room for anything else.

Perhaps you could make a "public prayer" thread and post every story in there?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,680.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yes people doing good like praying over the hurting that make the news will be posted on CF. As it's time that good news of people doing good should be posted too, not just the negative stories that we hear all day. Besides it news isnt it?
Call me when praying over the hurting by itself ever does any measurable good.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Call me when praying over the hurting by itself ever does any measurable good.

Ok what's your number, cause prayer does good everyday. It not only has health benefits but also shows love and compassion to others. Plus stating prayer is useless on a Christian site makes me wonder why your even here or what your real intention is.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,680.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Ok what's your number, cause prayer does good everyday. It not only has health benefits but also shows love and compassion to others. Plus stating prayer is useless on a Christian site makes me wonder why your even here or what your real intention is.
*you're

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Did you think you were on Facebook for a minute there? That's really the only place I see others correcting the use of "you're/your" instead of addressing the actual topic of conversation.

I'm truly sorry you don't like the prayer news threads, but I hope you can just find it in yourself to ignore them and read other threads.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Good to see. Even if there is no God and prayer effects nothing supernatural, this woman certainly felt better after these people prayed for her. It is, if nothing else, a sort of intrapersonal therapy. There's no reason to mock it, especially when it is having a demonstrably good effect on the person being prayed over.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums