I'm on facebook
Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
✟15,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You've all seen them on car bumpers and rear glass, maybe you even have one on your own car. If that's the case, please continue reading. Perhaps you've never considered this before, but the idea behind these COEXIST bumper stickers is among the greatest lies ever told. Let me explain.

I was actually behind this bumper sticker earlier this week. In addition to COEXIST, they also had an interesting PEACE bumper sticker with the same play on religions, as well as this one, “FREEDOM OF RELIGION MEANS ALL RELIGIONS”.

Granted, that simple statement is true as far as our U.S. Constitution is concerned (and rightly so), but the context behind it, or at least in context with this driver’s other bumper stickers, only led me to think they believe all religions are valid. After all, who is anyone to say only one is correct (especially Christianity)? It made me sad to think how widespread this deception is. So after reading Mike Ratliff's article Wednesday, Are You Ashamed of That Stumbling Block?, I decided to go ahead and write this article. And if you get a chance, please read Mike's timely article as well.

In the name of Universalism, many a soul will be damned. Universalism is the belief that all roads eventually lead to heaven, including atheism. All mankind will be saved no matter the path they follow. This cannot be further from the truth. Jesus said in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." I've met professed Christians who know of this eternal truth who continue to claim "to each his own" or "my way is not necessarily right for everyone" or "it's not my place to tell someone they are wrong in what they believe". My friend, you are in grave error!

An essential doctrine of Christianity is that absolutely no one can enter heaven except they go through the blood of Jesus Christ. God is holy and there will be no unrighteousness in heaven, therefore, the only way one can become righteous in His sight is by receiving the righteousness of Christ by the grace of God through faith alone (Ephesians 2:8-9). This faith comes through trusting in Christ as Lord and Savior and repentance from yourself in turning to God in surrender. You cannot save yourself nor can you work for your salvation, which is the deception of all other religions.

<staff edit>
Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Mormonism Roman Catholicism
<staff edit>
In Christ, there is freedom - true freedom that can only come through the washing of sins and justification by faith alone in Christ and His finished work on the cross. These religions create a system of bondage where one can only hope their good works outweigh their evil deeds in the end. The cult of liberalism is largely responsible for this idea entering the church, and more recently through Emergence Christianity of this post-modern society. This intermixing of ideologies, religions, and the New Age is the foundation of what will become the universal religion during the Tribulation period. The co-mingling of religions is largely responsible for the falling away that we see in 2 Thessalonians 2, which must take place before Christ returns. It is one of the greatest tangible evidences the Wrath of God is ready to be poured out on earth and its dwellers.

If you are one who believes all religions should coexist peacefully, I agree with you. Christians especially must express their love for all people in word and deed. We are to be the salt and light of this world, else how will the lost see the love of Jesus Christ but through His own children? Unfortunately, however, coexisting in the name of tolerance and moral relativism is impossible as there is only one God and one path through His Son Jesus Christ. Ultimately, darkness and light contradict one anotheras Ephesians 6:12 says,
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
To put it bluntly, all other religions are derived from the pit of hell. They are a means for Satan to deceive the masses away from the truth and grace offered by a holy and sovereign God. To deny that Jesus is the only way for salvation is to diminish His blood sacrifice. To deny there is an eternal hell is to belittle the torment and excruciating death of the Savior. To deny these truths is to call God a liar.

If you are a professed Christian who believes there is more than one path, I plead with you to study the Bible for yourself and repent from this heresy. If you do not believe in Christ, I plead with you to search the Scriptures and pray the Holy Spirit reveals Himself to you. The average human life span is around 75 years, where will you be 1 TRILLION years from now? For 1 trillion years, will you have been worshiping and serving the Lord in heaven or will you have been suffering in the darkness of eternal hellfire? What about 100 TRILLION years after that? Isn't an eternity worth spending a few hours or days searching out these truths now?

Don't put your trust in man-made traditions or in the god you have made up in your own mind. If you say you believe in God, then do yourself a favor and make sure you believe in the God of the Bible. The consequences will be the difference between an eternity with Jesus or an eternity of damnation.
Matthew 7 13 &#8220;Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
but the context behind it, or at least in context with this driver&#8217;s other bumper stickers, only led me to think they believe all religions are valid

Nope, missed a few logic steps there. Endorsing freedom of religion and peaceful coexistence (that's coexistence, btw, not assimilation as you seem to think it means) does not mean you think all religions are valid.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
air&#333;;54936821 said:
To put it bluntly, all other religions are derived from the pit of hell. They are a means for Satan to deceive the masses away from the truth and grace offered by a holy and sovereign God. To deny that Jesus is the only way for salvation is to diminish His blood sacrifice. To deny there is an eternal hell is to belittle the torment and excruciating death of the Savior. To deny these truths is to call God a liar.

How about we discuss some the above portion? :wave:
To put it bluntly, all other religions are derived from the pit of hell. They are a means for Satan to deceive the masses away from the truth and grace offered by a holy and sovereign God.
Don't you think a more accurate way to say this would be:
To put it bluntly, all other religions (that don't agree with what I believe is the one true religion) are derived from the pit of hell. They are a means for Satan to deceive the masses away from the truth (as I understand it) and grace offered by a holy and sovereign God.
:wave: Because there are many Christians around the World that don't believe as you do. :sorry:
To deny that Jesus is the only way for salvation is to diminish His blood sacrifice.
Not really. Perhaps they see His sacrifice differently then you do? They don't diminish it, they expand it.
To deny there is an eternal hell is to belittle the torment and excruciating death of the Savior.
Again, that isn't true. Some people just have a hard time reconciling the God of Love tormenting heathens in a lake of fire for all eternity. It seems...contradictory. :wave:
To deny these truths is to call God a liar.
:sigh: See here's where the human tendency to assume the things they believe are Gods Holy Truths!!! (tm) can really get us in trouble. Good honest Christians can (and do) have a completely different understanding of those things and still love and serve God and the people around them. ;)
tulc(was one of those people himself for a long time) :o

Upvote 0

airō

I'm on facebook
Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
✟15,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
but the context behind it, or at least in context with this driver&#8217;s other bumper stickers, only led me to think they believe all religions are valid

Nope, missed a few logic steps there. Endorsing freedom of religion and peaceful coexistence (that's coexistence, btw, not assimilation as you seem to think it means) does not mean you think all religions are valid.

As I mentioned in the post, coexisting peacefully should be the charge of every born again Christian in order to exemplify the love of Jesus Christ. But compromising the message of the Gospel for the sake of "unity" cannot be tolerated.

Unfortunately, there is one certain religion whose very fundamental tenets allow for peaceful coexistence only under Sharia Law. Outside of this dhimmitude, the faithful Muslim cannot live peacefully among Jews or Christians unless they are following their ideological agenda to spread Islam. There are peaceful Muslims who do this through government, education, and politics; and there are fundamental Muslims who carry out the commands of Allah by the sword - both have the same endgame to dominate the world under the global caliphate.

On a more important note relevant to the discussion, I meant to post the following link to the Coexist Foundation in the article but it slipped my mind: Coexist Foundation » Home The home page will reveal what's behind this movement. Here are the quotes from the page to illustrate my point:

"I am convinced this is one of the most helpful methods of improving integration."
Sheikh Ibrahim Mogra, Chairman of the Interfaith Relations Committee, the Muslim Council of Britain;

"God has given us many faiths but only one world in which to co-exist. May your work help all of us to cherish our commonalities and feel enlarged by our differences."
Sir Jonathan Sacks, the Chief Rabbi of the United Hebrew Congregations";

"[This] work is a vital test of our determination to find new ways of managing conflict in the new world order."
The Bishop of London

Do you see a pattern? This coexist movement is not just about living peacefully amongst one another, but rather to integrate the major world religions for the sake of solving poverty, feeding the hungry, and global peace. A sort of Utopia, if you will. The Bible, however, does not say this. On the contrary, it says those who do not accept Jesus Christ as Lord will be judged, and there is a great and terrible day coming where the nations of the earth will come under the Wrath of God. There will be no peace until Jesus Christ comes to set up His earthly kingdom.

Promoting interfaith peace is a noble effort perhaps, but it may at the least give others a misconception as to where you stand in matters of faith, and at worst how it could be a stumbling block for someone else. Anything promoted under the banner of interfaith diversity is a tool used by Satan to take people's eyes off Jesus, who is the only means of salvation. These movements, while often led by so-called Christian organizations, leave out the Gospel of Jesus Christ and actually prohibit its message.

So I say, it's just not worth having that sticker on your bumper.

Upvote 0

airō

I'm on facebook
Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
✟15,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

b.hopeful

Sharp as a razor, soft as a prayer
Jul 17, 2009
St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again...I was of the understanding that universalism is not supposed to be discussed outside of the unorthodox forum. Is this no longer the case? Or is it ok to tear down universalism anywhere but not argue in support of it?

Upvote 0

airō

I'm on facebook
Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
✟15,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Again...I was of the understanding that universalism is not supposed to be discussed outside of the unorthodox forum. Is this no longer the case? Or is it ok to tear down universalism anywhere but not argue in support of it?

I was not aware of such a rule. This is about the bumper sticker I got behind on the road, so I thought it best to post here under Current Affairs as we've all seen these bumper stickers. I'm not really up to an endless debate with UR's, just wanted to share my observation and the Truth.

Here's the car by the way. I had the rare opportunity to see it again in a parking lot a couple weeks later:

30224_120728934630166_100000791813437_98094_3025264_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
air&#333;;54944990 said:
As I mentioned in the post, coexisting peacefully should be the charge of every born again Christian in order to exemplify the love of Jesus Christ. But compromising the message of the Gospel for the sake of "unity" cannot be tolerated.

It depends on the level of unity you are going for.

As I pointed out, the word is Coexist, not assimilate, so it implies that there will not be unilateral agreement - just that, coexistence.

Unfortunately, there is one certain religion whose very fundamental tenets allow for peaceful coexistence only under Sharia Law. Outside of this dhimmitude, the faithful Muslim cannot live peacefully among Jews or Christians unless they are following their ideological agenda to spread Islam. There are peaceful Muslims who do this through government, education, and politics; and there are fundamental Muslims who carry out the commands of Allah by the sword - both have the same endgame to dominate the world under the global caliphate.

And Christianity has the goal of witnessing to entire world and converting them - and some Christians take this to be dominionism.

So what?

Do you see a pattern? This coexist movement is not just about living peacefully amongst one another, but rather to integrate the major world religions for the sake of solving poverty, feeding the hungry, and global peace. A sort of Utopia, if you will. The Bible, however, does not say this. On the contrary, it says those who do not accept Jesus Christ as Lord will be judged, and there is a great and terrible day coming where the nations of the earth will come under the Wrath of God. There will be no peace until Jesus Christ comes to set up His earthly kingdom.

Jesus also said quite a few times to feed the hungry, not live by the sword, and and look after the poor.

But hey, I guess that all goes out the window once those icky Muslims get involved, huh?

Promoting interfaith peace is a noble effort perhaps, but it may at the least give others a misconception as to where you stand in matters of faith, and at worst how it could be a stumbling block for someone else.

Too bad for them - they need to learn.

Anything promoted under the banner of interfaith diversity is a tool used by Satan to take people's eyes off Jesus, who is the only means of salvation. These movements, while often led by so-called Christian organizations, leave out the Gospel of Jesus Christ and actually prohibit its message.

So I say, it's just not worth having that sticker on your bumper.

And I say the real tool of Satan is the kind of mentality that makes people despise efforts to solve poverty, feed the hungry, and promote peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
air&#333;;54945143 said:
Cabal, serving the poor and feeding the hungry is done in vain if you divorce the Gospel.

Serving the poor and feeding hungry SPREADS the gospel.

And not doing so?

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."

Nothing about prioritising evangelism there. And not doing the above doesn't get you a great reaction.

Upvote 0

airō

I'm on facebook
Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
✟15,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Serving the poor and feeding hungry SPREADS the gospel.

And not doing so?

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."

Nothing about prioritising evangelism there. And not doing the above doesn't get you a great reaction.

It spreads the Gospel if the Gospel is being preached while serving:

Romans 10 14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent?

Regarding the Matthew 25 passage, that is during the Sheep and Goats judgment and is referring to the Sheep during the tribulation serving the Jews.

Serving must be married to the Gospel, and vice-versa.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
air&#333;;54945197 said:
It spreads the Gospel if the Gospel is being preached while serving

Overt preaching is not the only way of spreading the Gospel.

Regarding the Matthew 25 passage, that is during the Sheep and Goats judgment and is referring to the Sheep during the tribulation serving the Jews.

Serving must be married to the Gospel, and vice-versa.

That's nice. Good to know that good works is conditional according to some and incapable of being a good witness.

Urgh, this Left Behind fanfiction style eschatology is ruining Christianity.

Keep it, I want none of it. Coexist have made a much better case than you have.

Upvote 0

airō

I'm on facebook
Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
✟15,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Overt preaching is not the only way of spreading the Gospel.

This is indeed true. But what good is it to feed a mouth and not feed their soul? Philanthropy is noble, but it doesn't save, and there are plenty of secular organizations that do that. We are called to be different. We are called to the Great Commission - it's not an option.

That's nice. Good to know that good works is conditional according to some and incapable of being a good witness.

I never said that. We are talking about serving the "least of these". How will they know you are serving in the name of Jesus if you never have that conversation? Earn their trust first if necessary, but walking away without sharing His grace is fruitless.

Coexist have made a much better case than you have.

Coexist is better than the Gospel of Jesus Christ? :confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
air&#333;;54945266 said:
This is indeed true. But what good is it to feed a mouth and not feed their soul? Philanthropy is noble, but it doesn't save, and there are plenty of secular organizations that do that. We are called to be different. We are called to the Great Commission - it's not an option.

Philanthropy cuts to the quick a lot quicker than a theology discussion.

Philanthropy would also be a better use of Christianity's time than getting bogged down in ridiculous doctrinal disputes about Muslims/gays/atheists/evolutionists/shriners/whoever being icky.

Coupling theology to philanthropy means a great tendency for people to pretend to accept the theology to receive the philanthropy.

I never said that. We are talking about serving the "least of these". How will they know you are serving in the name of Jesus if you never have that conversation?

If they can't see by your behaviour that you're a Christian, then I suspect you're doing it rong.

Earn their trust first if necessary, but walking away without sharing His grace is fruitless.

Right, it's not like God is omnipotent or anything and that there's nothing he can't turn to his advantage.

Oh wait.

Coexist is better than the Gospel of Jesus Christ? :confused:

No, Coexist is doing a better job of at least being vaguely conducive to making the world a better place.

The gospel does not command that we shy away from these goals because icky Muslims might be involved too, nor does it prioritise evangelism over charity and meeting people's immediate physical needs.

As I said, this premilliennialist nonsense is making a mockery of Christianity - worst of all is its success in making people think that not trying to make the world a better place isn't worthwhile anymore. It's absolutely sick, and I want nothing to do with it. Sure, God might be about to end the world soon, but that isn't going to stop trying with every ounce of my strength to make this world a more unified, peaceful and better place.

Upvote 0