Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I occasionally have a drink or two at a bar or brew pub. One of the local pubs has some of the best craft beer I have ever had.

I don't care for clubs, but I do go if I am with some folks that want to. The last time I went I took an old friend who was visiting. The place did all 90s music, and it was a down night so not many people were there. Though...there was one guy dancing around that was clearly on drugs at the time. Was both funny and sad to watch.

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
After I turned 21 I went to a few clubs and bars one Saturday night to see what the fuss was about.

Tried drinking a mixed drink, tried socializing. Ended up playing pool with the DJ of a particular club for an hour then leaving.

It really wasn't that fun to me, and the people from certain bars were pretty violent for no reason. Like they pushed and shoved each other a lot and seemed to be really uppity which scared me (I'm not really strong and I didn't want to get dragged into it accidentally).

Plus I don't like to drink so I really have no reason to be there. All the bars here have sodas, but they aren't cold :/

Upvote 0

RobertMerton

Veteran
Mar 19, 2005
Internet
✟17,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For a christian I don't see the appeal for a club for guys.
I mean, let's face it most guys go to meet girls.
And for me to meet a girl, it's not like I will be able to partake in some fleshly desires, so why go?

Unsure for girls.

But for pubs and bars, I can understand the appeal. A beer with some live music with mates. Not that I go to bars much except for the bistro.

Upvote 0

peckaboo

Jul 11, 2011
England
✟15,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I go to clubs. Not as often as I used to though; I'm starting to feel a bit "mutton dressed as lamb" there...! I go for the social aspect - I get energy from being around people - and because I love to dance. I don't like the feeling of being drunk, so I have one or maybe two alcoholic drinks and then move onto soft drinks.

I presume many Christian guys go for the same reason. My brother's big into music production so he likes to stay in touch with what's current. He's also an extrovert and thrives on big crowds, and he's a great dancer! He has pretty high standards for girls so he's not really fussed about chasing skirt in a club.

My husband and I go to the pub once or twice a week with friends. We live in England where most things close at 5pm, so if you want to go out in the evening you can go to a movie if you don't want to talk, to a restaurant if you have the money, or to the pub if you want to talk and are on a budget.

Upvote 0

Shiranui117

Sack of Hammers
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
✟16,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Our "dorm" if you can call that has a house party every month or so with beer, and our house president is both the DJ and the barman. It gets an excellent turnout, and I typically go for at least a little while and have a few beers or vodka oranges. I wouldn't be able to make it a lifestyle out of concern for my hearing, and I'm far too socially inexperienced to even try and have fun with a girl (the innocent kind of fun, of course) but it is fun for an hour or two. Not the classiest place to either meet a girl or bring one, goes without saying.

But there is a brewery in town run by monks, with big halls for socializing and a food court. Excellent beer served in stone mugs straight out of the barrel, and good, reasonably priced food in the food courts. I can and do see entire families there (the kids don't have beer, of course). I'll go there when friends go, which is maybe once a month.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I hate the bar scene. I never drink. My way of"partying" is to order a pizza with my perfect drink being a bottle of Mountain Dew..lol

Why do you hate the bar scene? Because you don't drink so you find it boring? You don't like the taste of any alcoholic drinks?

jw :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums