[CLOSED] Gay Group Demands Christian Churches Be SHUT DOWN for Opposing Same-Sex Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Reported. Ignored.

Report it, I don't care. For what? I don't recall a rule which sits in your corner on this, why waste someone else's time? A president is limited to the Constitution, and a century ago it was taken as treason to transgress it.

Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think that any church that breaks this law should lose their tax exempt status, no matter what church it is.

They are supposed to but often times these are Democrats campaigning in Protestant Churches, so, no one is really going to do anything about it.

The Protestant Black Church has traditionally been the political seat of power in Black-America as separating the "Reverend" from Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson from the Democratic Party is nearly impossible.

Well, the united states is a corrupt nation and has been since before its inception.

I was partly--but not wholly--insinuating that.

I think that any kind of religion should be kept out of politics and kept out of this nation's secular government.

Like Martin Luther King Jr., Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, and well the whole Protestant Black Church Obama joined and appealed to to make his political accession in Black-America and US left-wing politics.

It is very fortunate that we don't live in a theocracy, but rather a secular society, with a secular government.

The United States Government is secular but that does not mean it is officially atheist. That would be the former Soviet Union and its ruling communist party. The secular nature of the US Government is that it has no official state church. Like the Church of England.

But if a US citizen becomes a Jewish rabbi or Muslim religious authority or a Greek Orthodox priest... they have a US Constitutional right to run for political office if they wish, and to hold said office if obtaining a plurality of votes.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,081.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
They are supposed to but often times these are Democrats campaigning in Protestant Churches, so, no one is really going to do anything about it.

The Protestant Black Church has traditionally been the political seat of power in Black-America as separating the "Reverend" from Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson from the Democratic Party is nearly impossible.

I was partly--but not wholly--insinuating that.

Like Martin Luther King Jr., Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, and well the whole Protestant Black Church Obama joined and appealed to to make his political accession in Black-America and US left-wing politics.

The United States Government is secular but that does not mean it is officially atheist. That would be the former Soviet Union and its ruling communist party. The secular nature of the US Government is that it has no official state church. Like the Church of England.

But if a US citizen becomes a Jewish rabbi or Muslim religious authority or a Greek Orthodox priest... they have a US Constitutional right to run for political office if they wish, and to hold said office if obtaining a plurality of votes.
Yes because only black Democrats talk politics from the pulpit. If you are going to have an issue with it, you should be consistent, or else run the risk of being seen as racist because you only only pointing out one very small subgroup again and again.

Upvote 0

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

WarningSign1.png

MOD HAT ON

After careful consideration, CF-Staff has decided to close
this thread permanently.

According to the 'News and Current Events' Statement of Purpose:

Articles related to homosexuality or gay issues/events may not be discussed in News & Current Events.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.