TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Clive Palmer announced he has nominated for the seat of Lilley in Queensland currently held by Wayne Swan.

What do people think?

Palmer to challenge for Swan's seat - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

i personally think they would be crazy to select him as he is not the kind of guy to sit in the background. he will want to be leader. In the end it is just a publicity stunt. he would have to distance himself from his business and make it obvious that he has. Of course with political climate I expect Abbott will win sadly at next election.

T

TrutherAU

For guy that I saw boasting in media interviews about his families commitment to Australias military in several wars.
He seems to have no scruples about doing mega billion dollar business deals with the Chinese Government a even a new titanic in partnership with them!
The chinese ofcause are likely to become Australia,s most likely military threat as the US military based here or News Ltd keep reminding me!.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
chine are no military threat to Australia. they run the world economically. imagine boycotting chinese products for example! Why did the US govt. try such extreme measures when china said you have to repay your debt to us. Why do you think some european countries are struggling. Can you guess one of them in which china pulled the plug? military victory is not needed when you control the money.

Upvote 0
T

TrutherAU

chine are no military threat to Australia. they run the world economically. imagine boycotting chinese products for example! Why did the US govt. try such extreme measures when china said you have to repay your debt to us. Why do you think some european countries are struggling. Can you guess one of them in which china pulled the plug? military victory is not needed when you control the money.
Oh i know i said as much in the ANZAC day thread here, however that wont stop the politicians and military of Aus & ofcause US from trying to make china a potential military threat even if in the Corporate world & ordinary world of everday aus citizens and residents this is far from reality.
The civic dialectic is such that pollies and military brass wouldnt know what else to do if they didnt treat the chinas military as a threat, its part their job description speak & act with such sabre rattling rhetoric!. Seems to sum up the vast gulf between canberra and the rest of Australia in nutshell!.

Upvote 0