Clinton Adviser: ‘Seems Odd’ To Put Tributes To ‘Four Guys’ In Benghazi Statement

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
full

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,713.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do you people read more than just the title and the opening paragraph. The statement pulled from the emails is this:

Seems odd to put the tributes to the four guys into this statement, since it is mostly the repackaged testimony. We can’t overdo the tributes to them and I think they should be done in person.

Thx

Mandy Grunwald

Grunwald Communications
I know who I think is despicable. Its the politicians and media commentators who continue to engage in another round of dead horse beating to convince their own base to view one side poorly.

I'm not a Rep or a Dem - I'm outside the US and outside the system - but from my point of view, the Rep/Trump alliance has brought the worst of America out of the woodwork and paraded a cavalcade of ignorance for the world to see.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You really have to give quote mining it's due: with just a snip here and a snip there you can totally make someone sound awful. And the best part? no matter how often it's shown to not be true? People will keep right on posting it pretending it's anything more then a partisan myth.
http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-benghazi-msnbc/
Without the original context, it wasn't clear to viewers that Clinton was referring to a military action in Libya that took place during a particular timeframe. She didn't "forget" about or ignore the four American deaths in Benghazi; rather, she was specifically discussing events that took place prior to the Benghazi attack. The truncated version of the video effectively cut out Clinton's explanation and justification of U.S. military intervention in Libya in 2011, as well as the context that her remarks were completely unrelated to Benghazi.

Clinton's comments ended abruptly in the truncated video directly before she clarified the context of her statements. Just as Clinton's reference to the end of the Gaddafi regime was chopped from the start of clip, so was the portion of her statement following "we didn't lose a single person":
but please, tell us more about how "dishonest Sec Clinton" is. :D
tulc(now you have the choice, whether to be honest or not) :wave:

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You really have to give quote mining it's due: with just a snip here and a snip there you can totally make someone sound awful. And the best part? no matter how often it's shown to not be true? People will keep right on posting it pretending it's anything more then a partisan myth.
http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-benghazi-msnbc/

but please, tell us more about how "dishonest Sec Clinton" is. :D
tulc(now you have the choice, whether to be honest or not) :wave:
Before clicking, I knew that it would be a Snopes article.

You guys are so predictable. :) I read the article, and it bends over backwards to explain away Hillary Clinton's comment.

But, if you will notice, their conclusion doesn't actually call it false.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before clicking, I knew that it would be a Snopes article.
was it the fact that it said snopes in the link? because it totally gave it away to me also!

You guys are so predictable. :) I read the article, and it bends over backwards to explain away Hillary Clinton's comment.

But, if you will notice, their conclusion doesn't actually call it false. (emph. added)
uhmmm...that would be because she actually used the words that were cherry picked out of context. Here let me see if I can explain it: here's a quote from your post
I read the article, and it bends over backwards to explain away Hillary Clinton's comment.
and here's what the cartoonist (and you) did with the cartoon:
I bends over backwards to Hillary Clinton
see the difference? You did indeed use all those words, but with a couple of snips you said the above. So if snopes is asked did LivingWordUnity say "X" they would say "Yes he did say it, however they took what he said out of context and here's what he actually said." So it would be some true, some false or in this case "mostly false". :)
tulc(hopes that helps) :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
HRC 's writers in this case are writing for the woman they know.
That a writer has to say they think a tribute to the four dead in Benghazi should be done in person, when that isn't a given in HRC's mind, speaks a lot about the woman they worked for. As SoS with aspirations toward the White house.

How many American's will perish when she achieves that seat.

"Stay tuned, news at 2017!"

• Informative
Reactions: 777Sloan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you people read more than just the title and the opening paragraph. The statement pulled from the emails is this:

Seems odd to put the tributes to the four guys into this statement, since it is mostly the repackaged testimony. We can’t overdo the tributes to them and I think they should be done in person.

Thx

Mandy Grunwald

Grunwald Communications
I know who I think is despicable. Its the politicians and media commentators who continue to engage in another round of dead horse beating to convince their own base to view one side poorly.

I'm not a Rep or a Dem - I'm outside the US and outside the system - but from my point of view, the Rep/Trump alliance has brought the worst of America out of the woodwork and paraded a cavalcade of ignorance for the world to see.

Interesting!

"We can’t overdo the tributes to them and I think they should be done in person."

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Mostly false" doesn't equal false. "Mostly" is a subjective term. And subjective terms are what are used in an opinion.
Or in this case they were used to show snopes was being honest: Sec did in deed say those words, and as I (and they) explained that the cartoonist by taking the words out of context and careful editing he changed the meaning of what she said. Listen, you can continue pushing this myth for the rest of your life if you like, I just wanted to make sure you (and anyone reading your post) understood that by doing so from now on you've chosen to be dishonest about what she said. :wave:
tulc(wonders why, with all the real things LivinWordUnity probably disagrees with Sec. Clinton about why keep pushing myths instead of actual facts?) :scratch:

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes on these forums people make statements that turn out to be mistaken or from a fraudulent source. When at happens, why can't they just say "I was misinformed"? But as often as not they will simply persist in their mistake. See my tag line below.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...The audacity to entertain on and on about superficial nuances involved in the PR gesturing of 'paying tribute,' all the while in truth, the only way such might truly be done with some degree of substance beyond facade appearance, would likely involve at least some remote indication of care to take responsibility for the actions and inaction that led to the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi.
You shouldn't give the Republicans such a hard time, after all they've wasted millions of tax dollars to prove time and again the same thing they learned after the first investigation. That Sec. Clinton isn't guilty of anything. But I know, Republicans don't like to waste a chance to try and make some political hay out of the deaths of 4 people. :sigh:
tulc(is off to look for more coffee) :wave:

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or in this case they were used to show snopes was being honest: Sec did in deed say those words, and as I (and they) explained that the cartoonist by taking the words out of context and careful editing he changed the meaning of what she said. Listen, you can continue pushing this myth for the rest of your life if you like, I just wanted to make sure you (and anyone reading your post) understood that by doing so from now on you've chosen to be dishonest about what she said. :wave:
tulc(wonders why, with all the real things LivinWordUnity probably disagrees with Sec. Clinton about why keep pushing myths instead of actual facts?) :scratch:

...and we're going to hear more of this dishonesty for the next four years.

Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

When pushing myths, one can ignore requests for supporting evidence with a clear conscience, as all the available evidence has already been provided.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Did Trump ever give up on his birther conspiracy until he wanted to be elected?
Would you agree if someone said Obama has a "lack of American roots"?

Upvote 0