Cliffe Knechtle on the 6 days in Genesis

Frenzy

Nov 13, 2015
✟663.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Just because you view religion as foolish doesn't give you the right to harass people because they are religious, and call them stupid in order to push them out of their faith. It makes you no better than the religious people who threw rocks at me because I am openly atheist. It makes you a theology bully.
When did I call anyone stupid? if you can point out where I said it I will apologise immediately, if you can't then you apologise to me immediately.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
When did I call anyone stupid? if you can point out where I said it I will apologise immediately, if you can't then you apologise to me immediately.
You said that's how you do it in the UK: you make fun of people for being religious, and that pressures them into not being religious (openly, anyways). It's in the quote I have above my previous response.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The adjective "holy" in sentences where they say: "Men wrote the Bible."

I'll admit though, I haven't read every single post on this forum.

It's just that, in the past nine and a half years here, I've yet to see a scientist say: "Holy men wrote the Bible."

'Ignorant, Bronze Age, desert dwelling sheep farmers' is popular. Every Christian has no doubt heard that one expressed by anti-theists who has discussed or debated with them.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
'Ignorant, Bronze Age, desert dwelling sheep farmers' is popular. Every Christian has no doubt heard that one before expressed by anti-theists.
It is, though to be fair, the bible does claim getting goats to mate in front of white branches will give their offspring white stripes... which is demonstrably false and weird considering that these people were herding these animals. You'd think personal experience would be enough not to believe that.

But, the overly aggressive language is distracting and unnecessary, so while I am by no means innocent of doing stuff like that, I feel it is best to avoid it.

Upvote 0

Frenzy

Nov 13, 2015
✟663.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You said that's how you do it in the UK: you make fun of people for being religious, and that pressures them into not being religious (openly, anyways). It's in the quote I have above my previous response.
And the word stupid when did I use that? make fun yes, put pressure on them yes, stupid? no.
You obviously tell lies don't you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frenzy

Nov 13, 2015
✟663.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
But, the overly aggressive language is distracting and unnecessary, so while I am by no means innocent of doing stuff like that, I feel it is best to avoid it.
The fragility of Christianity and Christians has been well known for a long time.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
And the word stupid when did I use that? make fun yes, put pressure on them yes, stupid? no.
You obviously tell lies don't you.
Excuse me? Are you really going to call me a liar in regards to a quirk of wording? You make fun of them, that's still bullying! And you pressure them, which is even worse. I don't know the precise techniques you use, but it still isn't right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Frenzy

Nov 13, 2015
✟663.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Excuse me? Are you really going to call me a liar in regards to a quirk of wording? You make fun of them, that's still bullying! And you pressure them, which is even worse. I don't no the precise techniques you use, but it still isn't right.
You're right we should give them a free pass to do and say whatever they like just in case we offend the sensibilities and they burst into tears.
Why is it Christians can say whatever they like to atheists and atheist are not allowed to get offended?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You're right we should give them a free pass to do and say whatever they like just in case we offend the sensibilities and they burst into tears.
The answer to bullying isn't more bullying. They don't have the right to attack us for being atheists, and we don't have the right to attack them for being theists. You thinking that you are in the right "because you are disspelling myths" through torment makes you no better than the people that threw rocks at me for being an atheist.

You bring shame upon the human race by not only hurting others, but deluding yourself into thinking you are helping them rather than hurting them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0