kidwboro

Aug 13, 2012
Little Neck, NY 11362
✟8,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Disregard the first paragraph of that post; and the title.
I hope I didn't offend anyone, and I apologize if I caused any strife in the original post.

I confess I do have some demonic forces in me that repel the name of Christ, and they may have seeped out in the first paragraph of that post. But the second paragraph is much more cleaner, and Christ-centered.

I hope, by the Spirit, my posts will become more and more Christ-centered.

kidwboro

Aug 13, 2012
Little Neck, NY 11362
✟8,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do encourage you still, to look at the text in Matthew 15:22-28, and focus on how Jesus ultimately provides abundant grace to a woman of Canaan.
Note, that Jesus oftentimes says to his disciples "O ye of little faith."
But to this woman, he says "Great is thy faith, be it unto thee even as thou wilt."
Behold how instantaneous Jesus can be in his blessings.
And he indeed is the God who can give us above and beyond all that we ask or think.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I've seen others desire not to call themselves Christian for reasons such as not wanting to be associated with secular Christians who call themselves one yet don't act but like a pagan sinner yet proudly proclaiming that they are "good" because of the label.
I've also seen some who didn't feel they were "good enough" to be called a Christian that they didn't live up to the standard Jesus himself set.

I think both of these examples are not the definition of Christian as calling yourself one is admitting that you are sinful and that you trust in Jesus for your salvation. It means you are trying to sin less and love more but we all know we are human and will at times fail.

I used to have a hard time saying the name Jesus myself I don't think it was as much demons but rather I was ashamed of myself which in itself is wrongful thinking also.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
Disregard the first paragraph of that post; and the title.
I hope I didn't offend anyone, and I apologize if I caused any strife in the original post.

I confess I do have some demonic forces in me that repel the name of Christ, and they may have seeped out in the first paragraph of that post. But the second paragraph is much more cleaner, and Christ-centered.

I hope, by the Spirit, my posts will become more and more Christ-centered.

Do you think that the Holy Spirit shares your spirit with demons??

Perhaps what you are blaming on demons is just you not taking the time to actually reflect on what you write before clicking on that post button. If what you write does not reflect the thought you want to express, don't blame it on demons.

Upvote 0

kidwboro

Aug 13, 2012
Little Neck, NY 11362
✟8,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think that the Holy Spirit shares your spirit with demons??

Perhaps what you are blaming on demons is just you not taking the time to actually reflect on what you write before clicking on that post button. If what you write does not reflect the thought you want to express, don't blame it on demons.

Then let me say it the way Paul says it:
"Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me."
That does not exempt me from personal accountability, for he also says,
"O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
Then let me say it the way Paul says it:
"Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me."
That does not exempt me from personal accountability, for he also says,
"O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"

He is speaking of the flesh, which is those patterns of sin which have been established in us. He is not speaking of demons being in us.

Upvote 0

kidwboro

Aug 13, 2012
Little Neck, NY 11362
✟8,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is speaking of the flesh, which is those patterns of sin which have been established in us. He is not speaking of demons being in us.

Perhaps. But I think I do have certain devils in me; and/or a really nasty sin nature.
Just know this: the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?
If I have devils in me, there is still hope, because Jesus casts out devils, like He did to Legion.
And of course, regarding my sin nature, it's on its way out, because He that begun a good work in me will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
Perhaps. But I think I do have certain devils in me; and/or a really nasty sin nature.
Just know this: the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?
If I have devils in me, there is still hope, because Jesus casts out devils, like He did to Legion.
And of course, regarding my sin nature, it's on its way out, because He that begun a good work in me will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Christians have been given a new heart and the Spirit of Christ lives within our own spirit....and He doesn't share.

Upvote 0

D. A. Taylor

Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Kingman, AZ
Visit site
✟24,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Judas Iscariot was motivated by the #1 demon--yet Jesus said Judas would rule over Israel in the Kingdom.

Don't judge: that a command!

Reactions: ron4shua
Upvote 0

Gareth

Jan 3, 2008
South Woodham Ferrers, Essex.
✟9,434.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
Does not Romans 3:23 say that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God? Also in Romans 3:11 it says there is no-one righteous, not one. So is it an impossible task to be a Christian?

It's certainly a challenge, for Jesus said all who wanted to follow him wouldn't be the flavour of the week with the rest of the world. However the benefits outweigh any disadvantages we might encounter or have to deal with. It's well worth checking out the list of faithful men and women before there ever came to be people known as Christians that are found in Scripture. A brief summary of them is found in Hebrews 11. Meditating on what they did, what they had to go through or endure might give someone the courage to carry on in the faith that saves them. After all this world is indeed an evil place, and it is determined to bring us spiritual shipwreck if it can.

Reactions: ron4shua
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums