Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The alternative option being, of course, the situation you had prior to Affirmative Action. The most qualified person will often not be the one hired/promoted if they are not white. The ramifications are pretty obvious there too.

How do you know? Most white people I know bend over backwards for minorities. The opposite is seldom true. ie How many whites voted for Obama? How many blacks voted for McCain?

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How do you know? Most white people I know bend over backwards for minorities. The opposite is seldom true. ie How many whites voted for Obama? How many blacks voted for McCain?

If memory serves, McCain & Palin got 4% of the black vote and 55% of the white vote. Obama/Biden got 95% of black votes, and about 43% of white voters. But it's not all due to race on the part of black voters. Blacks vote by politics, just like white voters do. They'll vote for a white liberal over a black conservative every time. How many blacks ever voted for Alan Keyes?

BTW: I'm no fan of AA. It had noble intentions, but its execution has been problematic and has lead to much resentment and ill-will. I actually think reparations for past racial discrimination should be considered. Living citizens of all racial minorities that have faced unfair treatment--blacks, Asians, American Indians--will be paid a lump sum. And in return, all mandatory AA programs will be terminated. Maybe we can get this behind us once and for all. I know the mechanics could be nightmarish, but why not think about it?

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If memory serves, McCain & Palin got 4% of the black vote and 55% of the white vote. Obama/Biden got 95% of black votes, and about 43% of white voters. But it's not all due to race on the part of black voters. Blacks vote by politics, just like white voters do. They'll vote for a white liberal over a black conservative every time. How many blacks ever voted for Alan Keyes?

BTW: I'm no fan of AA. It had noble intentions, but its execution has been problematic and has lead to much resentment and ill-will. I actually think reparations for past racial discrimination should be considered. Living citizens of all racial minorities that have faced unfair treatment--blacks, Asians, American Indians--will be paid a lump sum. And in return, all mandatory AA programs will be terminated. Maybe we can get this behind us once and for all. I know the mechanics could be nightmarish, but why not think about it?

Why reward people just for not being white? Again, that is racist towards white people. Why is this so easy for some people to be okay with? If someone said we should pay everyone except Jewish people for not being Jewish I think the folly would be obvious.

Upvote 0

Trupurpose

Jan 20, 2010
Florida, US
✟15,195.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Or was it because God was racist? If America ordered all Brazilians to move out how would it be perceived?

I think more like God knew how man would react in this world with satan on the throne.

As for your second question, I think you know the answer to that.

It just goes to show you that man can not create a government that works.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,017.00
Faith
Christian
The alternative option being, of course, the situation you had prior to Affirmative Action. The most qualified person will often not be the one hired/promoted if they are not white. The ramifications are pretty obvious there too.

Why not just non-discrimination? Why counter racism with more racism?

Reactions: Autumnleaf
Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Well, it's not just for not being white.

You're 23. If you apply for a job or scholarships if you are white you go to the end of the line because you are white. You think its right for other 23 year olds who are minorities to get money on top of the preferential treatment they already get?

Maybe you're right. Maybe they deserve it. I've got mine so I really don't care. Evidently most people feel the same way you do. It'll be interesting to see if their perspective changes as minorities become the majority like they did in Southern California. Hablo Español, so I'll be okay with it either way. I might even build me a nice hacienda and get me a nice vaquero outfit and a white Boss Hog convertible with bull horns on the front.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're 23. If you apply for a job or scholarships if you are white you go to the end of the line because you are white.
I don't know about scholarships, but studies show the opposite for jobs (and housing and bank loans).

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You're 23. If you apply for a job or scholarships if you are white you go to the end of the line because you are white. You think its right for other 23 year olds who are minorities to get money on top of the preferential treatment they already get?

I wouldn't think it was right if it were true.

Upvote 0

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

So you're saying that white people are the only victims of discrimination in the workplace? History tells a rather different story. You obviously know some very nice white people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know about scholarships, but studies show the opposite for jobs (and housing and bank loans).

Part of the reason the housing market crashed is because banks were forced to give many minorities loans they were not qualified to get. So many defaulted and well, here we are.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So you're saying that white people are the only victims of discrimination in the workplace? History tells a rather different story. You obviously know some very nice white people.

No, I'm saying according to the law the workplace has to discriminate against whites.

Upvote 0