Circumcised Heart

P

phaneroo

[Joshua 5:8-9]; And it came to pass, when they had done circumcising all the people, that they abode in their places in the camp, till they were whole. And the Lord said unto Joshua, This day have I rolled away the reproach of Egypt from off you. Wherefore the name of the place is called Gilgal unto this day.

The children of Israel had crossed Egypt without circumcision. After the circumcision, the lord told Joshua to name this place Gilgal for he had just removed the reproach of Egypt from them. That means that even though they had left Egypt, they were still under the rule of Egypt.

Even though Pharoah’s army was confused and sank in water, even though the lord had saved them and they had entered the wilderness where they ate Manna, even though they were still between Egypt and the promised land and Joshua was still leading them, even though God told them that ‘the Egyptians you see now, you will see no more,’ they were still under Egyptian bondage.

I am talking of total deliverance. Many Christians have lived in the state of, ‘I am delivered for one month, then three months, then one year but get back to the same situations from which I am delivered.'

Have you ever been in a place and you seem like you have broken through but tomorrow, you sit in the very thing and you realize that it got you off guard and that the time it got you off guard, this time it went too far? You thought you left poverty; you became rich, became a millionaire and the next morning you woke up and found that you are at zero level.

You did not even slump down. You just decreased once and then you realize that you are following in your father’s and great grand father’s footsteps. They used to get money at a certain point but by the time they reached death, they had lost it all.

For many of them, when they were up there, they actually thought the reproach had left them until they got to the point of circumcision. Of this circumcision, Paul says, let the circumcision not be of the outside but let it be of the heart.

God wants to first deal with your heart. My God shall perfect that which concerns you. The perfection of God in what concerns you is first and foremost that he will have to deal with your heart and your spirit regarding the affairs of eternity.

The perfection of God in what concerns you is first and foremost that he will have to deal with your heart and your spirit regarding the affairs of eternity.

Scripture Reference: Romans 2:28-29, Psalms 13:8