Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
"Your attitude determines your altitude.”
Anonymous

Have you not known? Have you not heard? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth? It is He who sits above the circle of the earth. And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers. Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. ISAIAH 40:21-22 NKJV

CIRCLE OF THE EARTH
Literally, He that sitteth above the circle of the earth; or, Who sits so far above the round earth that its inhabitants seem as mere grasshoppers or locusts. God looks upon man, from above, as a busy, agitated, moving, impatient, and raging multitude spread over the earth like locusts in bands over the plains of the East. This is a very striking illustration of the insignificance of man as viewed by God in the heavens.
THE DAKE BIBLE page 544

At the present time my Scripture studies are with the Dake Bible and the New King James. I don’t always agree with all the wording in the commentaries of the Dake. This last sentence about the “insignificance of man as viewed by God” does not digest well in my spiritual stomach. I know that man is significant to God. The Father has given us the very best He had to offer. He sent His Son to show the way home. As a whole, mankind is a raging multitude. If you think different, go to a major city and spend a little time out there in rush hour. Even though we are a multitude, God still knows and has time for each and every soul, from the instant of conception, to everlasting eternity.
What strikes me as interesting in this Scripture is the fact that God told Isaiah that the earth was a circle or round. This was written around 792 B.C.. I can’t help but feel that today we still have a “flat earth” mentality about many of our beliefs. The Scriptures hold many answers to our problems today if we only believe, seek, ask, and knock…… it shall be open to us. Today God is doing for me what I could not do for myself. Thanks for letting me share……………..JRE