Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A leading Roman Catholic church is holding a special service after one of its Holy Communion wafers was stolen, in a film posted on YouTube, and then desecrated.

A film uploaded to the popular video-sharing website, apparently shot on a mobile phone during High Mass at the London Oratory, shows a young man kneeling (see video at link) to the receive the wafer, which Catholics regard as the body of Christ once it has been blessed, from a priest.

The video then shows the wafer, known as a Host, being later placed next to a condom in protest at the Vatican's stance on contraception.

It was then apparently sent to Dr Paul Z. Myers, an atheist academic in American who claims he stuck a nail through it and threw it in his rubbish bin.

He has received hundreds of complaints on his website, while the London Oratory - linked to the school that Tony Blair's children attended - has called the incident "very disturbing" and is calling worshippers to pray for the conversion of those responsible.

Continued- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2505953/Church-holds-service-over-communion-wafer-desecration.html

2Cosmic2Charlie

The Chruch, this fourm and the Media are now official out of control on this subject.

And I will point out, one last time, that had the orginal incident, involving a student protesting a service fee who eventually returned the host anyway, been handled with some discretion, quietly, this would all not have occurred.

Bill (St. Bill of the perpetually offended) Donahue needs to be replace as head of the anti-defamation league.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Quite honestly... makes me a bit paranoid.

Makes me feel like I'm gonna get mugged walking out of Church on my way to give communion to others.

By crazy communion stealers! :eek:

Seriously...it's crossed my mind. :o

Upvote 0

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps if the youn man was arrested, tried , and given public service project....
Perhaps if the professor was suspended, fired, or had several hundred Catholics protesting at the school , writing the deans, board of the school.....

Perhaps if we quit writing letters and go and do some thing about these granola bars (fruits, flakes, and nuts)

.... the alternative is to lay it all at the foot of the cross and let Jesus take care of them , by the conviction of sin, through the ministry of the Holy Spirit and angles

you will be done..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.