✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Merry Christmas to all!:)

I presently am on the way to green pastures,but some are in the inevitable destiny of the valley of the shadow..

I have had a dark Christmas before though.

Some have had many.

Lonliness,illness of loved ones,financial worries etc..

So I thought maybe a thread for the hurting might be in order.

Many of our brothers and sisters are not going to have a merry..

Many are suffering from all kinds of hardships in this festive time of year.

You name it,they got it in some form.So to them I say,God bless even in your hard time.

Things change,maybe next Christmas will be bright!

Sometimes all we can do is take each day as it comes,and live in hope..
Our hope of eternal life can never be taken away from us because God has put it there. Soon we will celebrate eternal Christmas with the Father of all lights!

Many waited in hope for their promise,like Abraham,who longed for a better country.A heavenly one.

The good news is,God has a city prepared for you!

Hebrews 13:14
For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.

And one fine day he will…

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

But for now we can hope,and hope that somehow…..somehow,we will come out against all odds!

Job 19:25-27

25 I know that my Redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

Jesus knew no matter what,there was more!

John 2:19
Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

We can pray for one another.

Last edited:

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Great post Pinetree!

Compassion to those who are in the midst of trails and/or temptations.

Hope is for the Christian because we have The Hope, Christ Jesus.

Thanks friend!
Merry Christmas to you and yours,it has been great to get to know ya!

Yes,above all,we want the hurting to know we are with them,and the true Christmas gift,no one can take.:)

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, my heart goes out to those hurting. I have friends and family both hurting at this time of year. Friends in dier need, desparate and family, loss of job and praying for provision for their family.

Prayers for all those hurting hearts and praying for a mighty touch from the Master's Hand for each and every one.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh bless your heart pinetree, that was truely a welcome message.

When my wife and I first got started we had some pretty rough times, especially when I was in the Army and living out in California far away from home. My wife, who I married in Wisconsin and who came out there eventually with our first son and soon to be one on the way, often didn't know where our next dime was coming from. Christmas time was often a time to feel home sick and lonely rather than filled with joy.

I hear what your saying and can relate, but the one thing I think is missing from christmas, especially now-a-days, is the true meaning of christmas. Here is something to remind us all that presents around the tree isn't what makes a person wealthy or provides the joy we all seek in our lives.

I present Liness, or however you spell his name. What a glorious wise young boy! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKk9rv2hUfA

Kids today often don't hear this message where as when I was a kid, all of us kids around the country couldn't wait for the Charlie Brown Christmas Special to come on tv. Watching that show always managed to allow me to put things in perspective, and make a bad boy into one that wanted to do Good. ;)

Merry Christmas pinetree!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Pinetree, very touching words, and I thank you. As we get close to Christmas I see many worried people, particularly young people who are going to receive severance pay because of the financial tsunami as their employment is no longer required.

I've seen it so much with the young as they are taken for a ride by the greedy employers, who rort the government's system to reap thousands of dollars as in the case one particular employer did to my grandson and other workers.

They employ them as apprentices, give them no apprentice training, work them to death on cheap apprentice wages, 90 hours a week, and when the six months is up they get them to sign the government claim form, and then sack them giving one weeks pay.

I feel for the young, as they are abused and used by such greedy people for six months at the expense of the tax-payers, then thrown onto the scrap heap just before Christmas.

Those young married couples who had bought a home 12 months ago, and now because of these things are losing everything, because of greed of those free-loading employers.

If only I had a few million dollars spare, so that they who are lonely can come together to enjoy the festive season with other lonely people.

Lord Jesus Christ, please bring people across their paths!

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So what tangible love are you offering those who are hurting this year? How are you sharing God's hope in a way that changes their situation and transforms their lives?

We are trying to do a million little things, can't afford anything else, but we are being given wood to burn which keeps our house at a balmy 60 degrees most days, what a miraculous Love of our Lord to provide such a King's ransom at this cold time of year.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know I probably shouldn't be doing this as I'll regret it later by pulling my hair out again, but :)

View thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVwBUTJDNLY

Even though the Who's down in Whoville had everything stolen from them, they still managed to gather around together and sing with joy because it was Christmas day. They knew the true meaning of Christmas and nothing, not even losing everything, could stop them from celebrating it.

Christmas is not about money, it is not about losing your home, it is not about getting presents, it is not jobs, it is not about higher taxes for the tax payers, it is not about cheap wages, it is not about severance pay, it is not financial tsunami's, it is not about the government, and it is not about greedy employers. If your joy of christmas depends on these things than you don't understand the true meaning of Christmas.

Ask the who's from Whoville whether any of those things would stop them from celebrating with Joy and gladness on Christmas day. Christmas day is supposed to be a break from all that stuff.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know I probably shouldn't be doing this as I'll regret it later by pulling my hair out again, but :)

View thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVwBUTJDNLY

Even though the Who's down in Whoville had everything stolen from them, they still managed to gather around together and sing with joy because it was Christmas day. They knew the true meaning of Christmas and nothing, not even losing everything, could stop them from celebrating it.

Christmas is not about money, it is not about losing your home, it is not about getting presents, it is not jobs, it is not about higher taxes for the tax payers, it is not about cheap wages, it is not about severance pay, it is not financial tsunami's, it is not about the government, and it is not about greedy employers. If your joy of christmas depends on these things than you don't understand the true meaning of Christmas.

Ask the who's from Whoville whether any of those things would stop them from celebrating with Joy and gladness on Christmas day. Christmas day is supposed to be a break from all that stuff.
I thought the point of the thread was to share that hope, joy, and love with those who might be suffering at the hands of the enemy and the oppressors this year. What did I miss?

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,718.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good thread:)

Each of us will know at least one person who is going to spend a lonely Christmas alone.

Then Jesus said to his host, "When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous."

{Luke 14:12-14}

This is going too far for modern Christianity, but perhaps we could each make a place for one hurting soul at Christmas?

:clap:

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So what tangible love are you offering those who are hurting this year? How are you sharing God's hope in a way that changes their situation and transforms their lives?

We are trying to do a million little things, can't afford anything else, but we are being given wood to burn which keeps our house at a balmy 60 degrees most days, what a miraculous Love of our Lord to provide such a King's ransom at this cold time of year.
Well, one thing I'm doing is, even though I'm basically living on unemployment checks and my wifes wages, everytime I go to the store I buy one or two food stuffs. I'm saving it up to give to one of the food pantries in town just before Christmas.

Doing little acts of kindness with a smile. Last week when I went to the bank to withdraw $60, the teller accidently gave me $100. She gave me $40 extra dollars and I didn't realise it until latter after I drove away. Even though I sure could've used the extra $40 dollars, I went back and asked her if she was $40 dollars short, She said yes and was very nervous. See, when tellers make mistakes like this, this comes out of their pay check, the bank will not pay for the mistake. I handed it over to her and she was almost in tears she was so thankful.

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I thought the point of the thread was to share that hope, joy, and love with those who might be suffering at the hands of the enemy and the oppressors this year. What did I miss?
What did you miss, and what others miss? The message of the whos, that's what.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What did you miss, and what others miss? The message of the whos, that's what.
what makes you think I missed the message of the whos?

One of the messages of the whos was to share what little they did have so that all were fed. Same message Jesus gives us in the bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
what makes you think I missed the message of the whos?
I don't know, you're asking me what you missed. If you missed something, that is what you missed. You're basically admitting that you missed something, LOL!

The message of the who's was that no matter what befell them, they were going to rejoice anyhow because Christmas had come. That is the message we need to send out to the world. We can't and wont ever solve all the problems of the poor but we can bring them a message that they can rejoice in, no matter what their circumstance.

Is giving food to pantries enough? Is doing kind deeds for others enough? That is what I do but the message of peace on earth, God's peace to you, is the message we need to send.

Last edited:
Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The message of the who's was that no matter what befell them, they were going to rejoice anyhow because Christmas had come. That is the message we need to send out to the world. We can't and wont ever solve all the problems of the poor but we can bring them a message that they can rejoice in, no matter what their circumstance.

Is giving food to pantries enough? Is doing kind deeds for others enough? That is what I do but the message of peace on earth, God's peace to you, is the message we need to send.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, you're asking me what you missed. If you missed something, that is what you missed. You're basically admitting that you missed something, LOL!

what I missed is that it was already covered and agreed upon, but you acted as if it wasn't. No problem

BTW, the pain of Christmas isn't just about financial worries, it is lonliness, isolation, pains of the past. I am spending time right now with a woman whose father refuses to speak to her. Her pain is just as real as the man or woman who has no food on the table and, she needs the same message of hope. Oh and one more thing, just because she is hurting doesn't mean she has no joy. Joy can be found is struggles of all kinds. Love can and should be shared to all people, including the homeless alocholic guy that comes around begging for money to drink or smoke. God's love knows no bounds. It is not enough to give to a food pantry or to return money that was given by mistake. We must involve ourselves in the lives of others, or we miss the command God has given to Love. We miss what Christmas is all about.

Reactions: nephilimiyr
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.