United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Where memory fails, a person will give over to will. When this Happens. Revelation is the tithe beyond tithe. A sacrifice which leads to life. As it is said the knowledge of sin is death. And the Law is Knowledge of sin and curse. So for those that fear the law. Walk on till the beast sits idle and listen to him and you will have the pleasure of the one the only.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yehovah will NOT coexist with your paganry.

I don't go for the "God is powerless in the face paganism" line. YHVH has always co-existed with "paganry"- the Torah is full of practices that the pagans did first. Just a simple fact.

Secondly- weren't you also an unbeliever once? Did not God sanctify you?

Are you or have you been a Jehovah's Witness?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sheeple Shepherd

Nov 21, 2015
✟15,454.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't go for the "God is powerless in the face paganism" line. YHVH has always co-existed with "paganry"- the Torah is full of practices that the pagans did first. Just a simple fact.

Secondly- weren't you also an unbeliever once? Did not God sanctify you?

Are you or have you been a Jehovah's Witness?
No, not a JW. I have no affiliations.

Study Threshold Covenant.
No, Yah will not share your house with paganry.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Can I ask one thing.. Jesus said not to stop others from using His name because those that those that are for us are not against us. Also Paul said let them preach Christ even tho their motives were to hurt Paul. My question is even tho Christmas and Easter have pagan roots they now identify with Christianity... So should we use this ad an opportunity to witness based on what I said in opening:mmh:
I would add to that, the event that took place between Priscilla, Aquila and Apollos in Acts 18:26. "but when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately."

We not longer have them here with us, but we do have that example of trying to more accurate. So no believer here is going to doubt Luke 1:30-32 and Matthew 12:40. But let's be true to that recorded testimony because after near two thousand years of Christianity, it now too has its' fair share of gentile myths associated with the birth, death and resurrection of Yeshua. Titus 1:14

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Can I ask one thing.. Jesus said not to stop others from using His name because those that those that are for us are not against us. Also Paul said let them preach Christ even tho their motives were to hurt Paul. My question is even tho Christmas and Easter have pagan roots they now identify with Christianity... So should we use this ad an opportunity to witness based on what I said in opening:mmh:

It's possible for someone to pray for things that are against God's will that would not be in His name, even if they were to tack that on to the end of their prayer. Similarly, when we, as God's representatives, act against God's will, then we are taking his name in vain. Jesus said not to stop others from using his name because they were doing his will. Now, is it in God's will to celebrate pagan holidays and to worship God in the way that the pagans do? No, God specifically commanded the Israelites not to worship Him in their way. The problem with Christmas and Easter is twofold in that they both worship God in the way of the pagans and they neglect to worship God in the way that He commanded.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The problem with Christmas and Easter is twofold in that they both worship God in the way of the pagans and they neglect to worship God in the way that He commanded.

What exactly does that look like? Be careful, you might not like what you find.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Feel free to read it to find out.

Soy...I know...do you?

Do you know that the Bible teaches us in worship to:

- sacrifice
- use incense
- have priests
- have a sanctuary in the Temple only for the priests
- have a place reserved only for the High Priest
- have ritual washings
- have holy vestments

etc.

How does your congregation stack up on those Bible-essentials?

It seems that there is an emphasis from your posts on the "when" and not the "how". Almost like the "when" is the only thing that matters and the "how" is completely discarded.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Soy...I know...do you?

Do you know that the Bible teaches us in worship to:

- sacrifice
- use incense
- have priests
- have a sanctuary in the Temple only for the priests
- have a place reserved only for the High Priest
- have ritual washings
- have holy vestments

etc.

How does your congregation stack up on those Bible-essentials?

It seems that there is an emphasis from your posts on the "when" and not the "how". Almost like the "when" is the only thing that matters and the "how" is completely discarded.

Instructions for how to worship at the Temple only apply when there is a Temple.

I'm not what point you're making or how this relates to what I said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Instructions for how at the Temple only apply when there is a Temple.

Hehe....those commandments were given before the Temple was built. Plus we see some of them even before the Mishkan. Sacrifice, holy ground, bread and wine offering to priests....etc

More to the point- if you think the worship instructions of the Torah are no longer in force- what are you left with? Human opinion? Why do people get to throw out all the Torah commands about the "how" of worship but want to brawl, fight and accuse over the "when"? We know that pretty much the bulk of the Moedim are vitally connected in some way to the Temple/Mishkan. For example, you can't do Pesach the Bible way without a sacrifice and a priesthood. Nor can you do Yom Kippur, or First Fruits without a priesthood.

So, why are we allowed to abrogate some parts of the Torah ("annul the Law"- which would be against forum rules to teach) and not others- and who gets to judge?

Just pointing out what looks rather inconsistent to me- but what do I know? I'm not very intelligent.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Ahh the temple.....

Matthew 12:6 NIV
6 I tell you that one greater than the temple is here.

19 Jesus answered them,"Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."
20 The Jews replied, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?"
John 2:21 NIV
21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body.

• 1 Corinthians 3:16 NIV
    16 Don't you know that you yourselves are God'stemple and that God's Spirit lives in you?

• 1 Corinthians 3:17 NIV
    17 If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

• 1 Corinthians 6:19 NIV
    19 Do you not know that your body is a templeof the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ahh the temple.....

Matthew 12:6 NIV
6 I tell you that one greater than the temple is here.

19 Jesus answered them,"Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."
20 The Jews replied, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?"
John 2:21 NIV
21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body.

• 1 Corinthians 3:16 NIV
    16 Don't you know that you yourselves are God'stemple and that God's Spirit lives in you?

• 1 Corinthians 3:17 NIV
    17 If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

• 1 Corinthians 6:19 NIV
    19 Do you not know that your body is a templeof the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Beautiful!

Upvote 0