Christians singles living together??

Jun 26, 2005
✟152.00
Faith
Non-Denom
One last thing. First of all, I'm not condemning you. Any of us are vulnerable to the same temptation you are dealing with.

That being said, you say you are firm in your decision, but I wonder how firm you are if you are asking us what we think.

Come on, man, you know what you are doing is wrong. Why would you be asking what we think if in your heart, you knew what you are doing is right?

Hey, doing things the Lord's way may not always be easy, but I guarantee you that you will not go wrong when you go His way. Do what's best for you and your woman. Keep dating her, but for the sake of your relationship, don't move in together untill you are married.

Upvote 0

Linnis

Legend
Jun 27, 2005
✟30,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
etcastle said:
Ok Guys and Gals!! I have a good one here that I am sure someone has had experience with here. I have been dating a girl here and after almost a year, I have asked her to move in with me. Now I know what you are thinking and let me explain. We are both Christians, well; she is a young believer and getting stronger day by day. We routinely enjoy each others's company and we have spent many weekends together. From the very beginning, we both agreed that we would not partake in any sexual activity until marriage and we have been extremely firm in our resolve. We are not about to change that anytime soon.

So my question is this...has anyone had any experience in this arena since I am curious to know how widespread this is. I am sure that I will get flamed for this and I am sure for good reason but I am pretty firm in my decision.

I lived with my husband for close to seven months before we married but he was a Christian(although he hasn't been to church in six plus years.) and I was not. I didn't then and don't now see anything wrong with what we did. We were completely honest with eachother and knew what we were getting in to and also knew we were getting married when the paperwork went through.

Every couple is differant, and no one person is perfect and what's good for one couple may not be good for another. So what I'm saying is, when you get to the point in a relationship where this is a problem, talk it out with your partner weight the options and come up with the best solution for the both of you and nobody else because when it comes right down to it, you are the only 2 in the relationship.

Upvote 0

joeman1

Legend
Jul 1, 2004
Visit site
✟29,264.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not to make light of anything that has been said but in my personal view there are three people involved in my relationship there is myself, My special woman, and most importantly the Lord. He has to be the center of the relationship or everything will fall apart. I mean think about it Jesus himself said that a house built on sand will be destroyed when the storms come but a house that is built on a rock will last. And when you think about it what better thing to base a realtionship on than a love for the Lord. That is what is going to sustain you even when you are seperated from your SO for any amount of time becuase you know that even though you cannot see them that the Lord does and that He has his had upon them.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
little_tigress said:
If the both of you agreed not to sleep together, why put yourselves in the line of temptation like this? It really doesn't matter how strong a Christian either one of you are, neither of you is immune to temptation and once you're living together it becomes just much easier to give in to temptation.

You can continue to enjoy eachother's companies while living in seperate homes, and still protect yourselves from temptation, slander from others, ruining your witness to those around the both of you.

Yeah you can continue to enjoy each other's companies while living in separate homes and protect yourselves from compromising your Christian beliefs. You are right on little tigress because despite your strong beliefs, doesn't save you both from temptation. As you are in temptation like other non-Christians who do the same thing.

Upvote 0

RefinedByFire

Jul 21, 2004
Orange County, CA
✟15,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not about to tell a grown man what to do, especially one your age.
You can only argue with a man so much but in the end, it's his decision to make so to each his own.

etcastle said:
I am sure that I will get flamed for this and I am sure for good reason but I am pretty firm in my decision.

So why this thread? Looks like you've made your decision. Go with it if you're that firm about it. Who cares what we think?

Upvote 0

fungku

watch these chains fall from my hands
Jun 5, 2005
Canada
Visit site
✟15,567.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I lived with my last girlfriend for almost 3 years. (before i was christian).

Good luck avoiding the temptation. You'd be surprised when you are around eachother how many moments of temptation will come and as you get closer and closer your "barrier" will break down slowly until one day...

(i'm not saying the above will happen, but the chances of it are greater than it not) In my opinion, willingly putting yourself into temptation is never the right thing to do .

As for people saying that (groups of) guys and girls have lived together and it was fine, is different because ther eare other people to hold you accountable.

Upvote 0

ChristianMatchmaking

Jul 16, 2005
US
✟18,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
etcastle said:
Ok Guys and Gals!! I have a good one here that I am sure someone has had experience with here. I have been dating a girl here and after almost a year, I have asked her to move in with me. Now I know what you are thinking and let me explain. We are both Christians, well; she is a young believer and getting stronger day by day. We routinely enjoy each others's company and we have spent many weekends together. From the very beginning, we both agreed that we would not partake in any sexual activity until marriage and we have been extremely firm in our resolve. We are not about to change that anytime soon.

So my question is this...has anyone had any experience in this arena since I am curious to know how widespread this is. I am sure that I will get flamed for this and I am sure for good reason but I am pretty firm in my decision.

No flaming is necessary or appropriate. Aside from the inevitably "flaming" setup for temptation this would be despite all of one's agreements and resolve (Jer. 17:9), there is also the matter of the appearance of something, which God plainly tells us to avoid (1 Thess. 5:22). This is a clear prescription for a fall.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
trust_faith said:
U know that living together is wrong.. walk in the path of God. :)

Indeed, walk in the direction of the Lord! Living together outside of wedlock is also against the laws of God!

Upvote 0