Christians, rebuke TS Issac as it approaches Florida.

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
God, You Who Are the only true God Father, please, stop the hurricane isaac before (it) to affect anyone else of the humans, we believe that there is no such a good thing which is impossible for You, and that You Are the Master of the Life as it is written in John 12:50, we ask You in the Name of Your firstborn and only begotten Son - Lord Jesus Christ

who want to say "Amen"

Blessings

So how'd that work out for ya?

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟318,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
God, You Who Are the only true God Father, please, stop the hurricane isaac before (it) to affect anyone else of the humans, we believe that there is no such a good thing which is impossible for You, and that You Are the Master of the Life as it is written in John 12:50, we ask You in the Name of Your firstborn and only begotten Son - Lord Jesus Christ

who want to say "Amen"

Blessings

The midwest curses you for asking God to prevent a needed storm from providing them the rain they desperatly need.

Upvote 0

Caitlin.ann

Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
Indiana
✟30,277.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The midwest curses you for asking God to prevent a needed storm from providing them the rain they desperatly need.

As a midwesterner, I support this 100%. We NEED this rain desperately. I welcome it.

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
the prayer in Jesus' Name never causes a negative effect, no one can take the right of God the Father to make the best for the people

Even if that means having your house blown off its foundation. Even with you in it. If it's for the best.

"Que sera sera" seems to works as a form of self comfort whether you add a God in or not. Not adding the God in makes it less diminishing to the individual. I think. At least, without the God added in, you are not a deliberate cog in a wheel of obscure divine purpose. Not a vessel of wrath.

When I first joined this website there was a poster whose little girl prayed for her beloved Auntie to live. The mom's faith was tested when the Auntie died, until later when the cat wandered off, was prayed for by the little girl, and returned in a couple of days. OK. Whew. God answers prayer after all. :confused:

Seems dissonant and cold comfort to me. I'd rather just take life as it is. The hurricane takes my house or not. It's just a phenomenon. My value as a human being is not diminished either way.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This is a Christian board. We believe in a sovereign God who is Lord over the weather and who answers prayer here.

So it was His will to send Isaac barreling into the Bible Belt and ignore the Christians who tried to "rebuke" it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is a Christian board. We believe in a sovereign God who is Lord over the weather and who answers prayer here.

You've been here for about a minute. How do you know what kind of board this is?

Upvote 0