Christians please boycott evolution threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreezBee

Veteran
Nov 1, 2005
Southern Copenhagen
✟1,704.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
disciple777 said:
It is not what I think, you think or Everybody thinks that defines a christian. It is what God thinks that defines a Christian.

Agreed - but then you go on to declare, what you think defines a Christian:

disciple777 said:
Christian is one who 1) accepts Christ as personal saviour. 2) follows Christ 3)accepts Bible as the Word of God 4) imitates Christ. If a person does all the four, then he is a True Christian. Christianity is not for a Casual church goer. It is for the serious follower of Christ. A Dog sitting in a garage does not become a car.

disciple777, please do read this:

Romans 14:4
Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

disciple777 said:
If a person is a Christian in the true sense, there is no way he can accept Evolution as a fact. To such a person, Bible is irrelevant. Either a person believes the entire Bible or nothing at all. No one can accept every part of the Bible except Genesis and still claim to be a christian.

disciple777, please do read this:

1 Timothy 1
3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer 4 nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work—which is by faith.

- FreezBee

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
disciple777 said:
Before answering the question, we must define who is a christian. For many those who go to Church on Sundays are Christians. Others are born to Christian parents and so they are Christians. Then, there are those who do charity in the name of christ. They claim to be christians. It is not what I think, you think or Everybody thinks that defines a christian. It is what God thinks that defines a Christian. Christian is one who 1) accepts Christ as personal saviour. 2) follows Christ 3)accepts Bible as the Word of God 4) imitates Christ. If a person does all the four, then he is a True Christian. Christianity is not for a Casual church goer. It is for the serious follower of Christ. A Dog sitting in a garage does not become a car.

If a person is a Christian in the true sense, there is no way he can accept Evolution as a fact. To such a person, Bible is irrelevant. Either a person believes the entire Bible or nothing at all. No one can accept every part of the Bible except Genesis and still claim to be a christian.
This forum defines a Christian as one who can recite the Nicene Creed truthfully. The Nicene Creed does not require me to accept the Bible as a factual history text. In fact, not once does the Nicene Creed even mention the Bible itself. So no, I don't think your definition of what it means to be a True Christian holds here.

For what it's worth, though, I believe in the Bible and accept evolution as fact. The Bible is not irrelevant to me. I believe in the whole Bible, but not that the whole Bible is historical fact. I am a Christian.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
ThaiDuykhang said:
If a TE takes evolution as science, one evidence against evolution is enough to turn him to the Bible.

Of course, TEs are already turned to the Bible. They don't need evidence against evolution as a goad to turn them in the direction they are already facing.

Upvote 0

Extirpated Wildlife

Wanted: Room to Roam
Oct 3, 2002
Fort Worth
Visit site
✟17,091.00
Faith
Protestant
Nicene creed also doesn't tell people how to act either. It also doesn't tell you what is a sin. It also doesn't tell you there is no other alternative to eternal life except through Jesus Christ. It also doesn't tell you that works don't get you to heaven since that is a pride issue. It also doesn't tell you..............

No they didn't have the bible back then and this helped them. Now we do have it and should be blessed and cherish its words.

Upvote 0

FreezBee

Veteran
Nov 1, 2005
Southern Copenhagen
✟1,704.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Extirpated Wildlife said:
Nicene creed also doesn't tell people how to act either. It also doesn't tell you what is a sin. It also doesn't tell you there is no other alternative to eternal life except through Jesus Christ. It also doesn't tell you that works don't get you to heaven since that is a pride issue. It also doesn't tell you..............
Extirpated Wildlife said:
No they didn't have the bible back then and this helped them. Now we do have it and should be blessed and cherish its words.

You are aChristian if you accept Jesus Christ as your redeemer, you are an orthodox (not the same as "Orthodox"!) Christian, if you additionally accept the statements of the Nicene Creed - but you're still a Christian already by the first. As for Christian praxis, this is a question between each individual Christian and Jesus, not something, where we can make ourself the judges of eachg other. Therefore the Bible can be suitable for teaching, but it is not necessary, and it is not necessarily literally true.

- FreezBee

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.